Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

Wordpress is great if you can host it yourself but you need to have a database hosted too which I have to pay shit loads for. Unless you host wordpress yourself you're limited to the themes they offer though which is why on my site the blog doesn't really fit with how the rest of my site looks.

love your Willem de Kooning, Woman V reproduction!! +rep for you (: Abstract expressionism is one of my favorite styles of painting. i liked de Kooning the best out of the New York School Crew. don't really care for Pollock, Kline, Rothko, Motherwell and them guys. but nice try boy! almost got me..

god.. its a shame that such good pen work can so easily be confused with computer art..

Did u take the face from a portrait or copy it from photo??

Not quite sure what you mean, I drew it from a really low res photo of the Ultimate Warrior from teh interweb. The whole thing apart from the colour is technical drawing pen on A3 bristol board, all done with the same pen, thick lines are thickened up by drawing a parallel line and then tapering it off to a point.

yeah wouldn't want anyone think it was computer art would you, nooo.

That is somewhat true, I used to do alllllll my illustrations on illustrator but my tutors used to bitch at me every crit and say "Why didn't you draw it? Why didn't you paint it?" etc etc. I gave in after about 18 months and started drawing a lot more. I found I liked it and I was somewhat good at it so I guess it's somewhat important to me that it's understood that it's hand drawn because I went through so much to get to this point that I'd like it recognised.

i finally got my blog up. it's a mix of my personal life and random things that tickle my fancy. i probably shouldve went with the free blog first before getting my own domain and shit, cuz im not sure how much i'm gonna be using it. i hope it wasnt a waste of money

the figures are supposed to be a direct rip of aitor throup, right?

Lol I thought someone might catch me out on those... yes. Not quite a 'direct rip'. I drew and painted the whole thing myself, changed the whole colour scheme and composition, so I'm not sure it could be considered 'rip'. Ah well I'm sure he won't mind that I found inspiration out of his insanely sweet concepts.

the collage pieces make me think of rauschenbergs combines.

awesome.

It's ironic you say that... I drew most of my inspiration my Rauschenberg's combines (though my experiments hardly compare). I've got more on my dA if you're interested.:D

It's limonrouge.deviantart.com

every fucking spoon fed preppy i go to school with can not tell a fucking mercedes benz logo from a peace sign, the teachers cant either apparently, a school publication of patriotic art/writings was published around veterans day and had a mercedes benz logo on the front cover, and two more inside. it drives me crazy, and really says loads about the type of people i find myself surrounded by 5 days a week. its really disgusting.

so, i made a poster to help everyone remember. heres my "pet peeve"

2396075562_29a2bcc27e.jpg