Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll most definatley be going to the sample sale the very first day

now im just debating on whether or not to skip school to get there on time or to wait till i get off at 215 and go there..

Fuck school, if there's nothing going on that you have to be there for, then jet.

Hey guys,

I just got back from the sample sale. I'm pretty sure I was the first one there, as I showed up at about 11:20 and went in early because it was raining. They have lots of stuff, I think all from last season or older. I didn't see any w+h stuff, but lots of Spruce and some Wings&Horns too. They had a good amount of zip hoodies (solids, tigers and a couple of the grey pinstripe), some coats (the Spruce peacoat from last year, a kind of duffel coat that was different from the current one), some very heavy knit sweaters and a lot of Ts (both short and long sleeve) and some button ups.

The prices, though, were fantastic. Here's what I can remember. All the prices include tax:

zip ups - $35

hoodies - $30

jackets and knit sweaters - $80

blank Ts - $10

long sleeve, polos and graphic tees - $15

By the time I had bought my stuff there was about 20 people in there. They were still putting stuff up too, but I don't know if they will be putting more stock out as the sale goes on.

If you guys have any questions let me know and I'll try to answer from memory.

I don't remember seeing any kelly green tiger zip ups there, but they might have more to put out.

They did have the more olive green tiger zip ups, though (I got one of those for myself). I have a kelly green zip up too, and this green is similar but a little less vibrant. The fleece inside is also dark navy instead of the white on the kelly green version I have.

I'm hoping they'll put more stock out too. I'll probably go back again the week after next to see. With how many people were in the place when I left, I'd imagine they will have to put more stock out to keep the sale going for as long as they have it advertised for.

what were the knit sweaters like? were they the SUPER THICK chunky knit sweaters (kind of like a massive crochet) style?

Yeah, that's how I'd describe it. They looked like super heavy duty versions of Cowichan knit sweaters (if you know what those are). They looked like they must have weighed 20 pounds each. I wasn't too interested in them so I didn't pay a ton of attention to them, but they had a decent number of them.

If I remember right, I think Kane may have posted about these sweaters before. I remember a post of his describing some very heavy Cowichan-style sweaters. I'd imagine these were the ones he was talking about.

Only a couple that I saw. They had some corduroy jacket that may have been Wings&Horns (I think it was).

They also had some military-style jackets in olive green and a black/grey mix type thing. there was a single one in medium in black that was labeled as a M40 jacket if I remember right, so I guess that's what these were versions of.

Unfortunately, none of the M65s from this year. I was reaaaaaally hoping they had that (especially the glen-plaid one that Kane posted) because I love it but am far too broke to pay $600 US for a jacket.

any wings & horns jackets?

I forgot to add that they also had thermals, but only the Wings&Horns ones from last year that have a t-shirt attached over top. I got one for myself and its very warm and great quality. It even has the trademark long cuffs!

How much were the thermals? Did they have a good color selection? I really need some thermals for this winter... preferrably black and cream ones.

Is anyone going to be doing pick-ups? FootlooseSF?...

Slim fit small - you must be tiny!

If I end up going back I'll look for it for you. Unless I hear for sure that they're re-stocking I probably won't go back until the week after next. If they're restocking I might drop in next Friday, though.

either way, any small tiger olive/kelly green SLIM FIT small's available, i'll make it worth your while.

Thermals (and anything else long sleeved that wasn't a hoodie, crewneck or zip up) were $15. From memory they only had 2 versions, though:

-A white thermal with a plain black T over top. Down one sleeve of the thermal it says "Fuck Forever" in a gothic font. The black T pretty much covers the "Fuck", though, so I guess its safe to wear to work! This is the one I got.

-White thermal with an olive green T over top. This one had some screening under the arm about mid-way between the armpit and the bottom. It was in gothic font too and I think it said Wings&Horns, but it might have said "Fuck Forever" too. I didn't like the placement of the screening, so I didn't look too close.

There may have been some plain thermals, but I don't recall seeing them. I do think I saw what looked like a cardigan, but made out of thermal material, though.

How much were the thermals? Did they have a good color selection? I really need some thermals for this winter... preferrably black and cream ones.

Is anyone going to be doing pick-ups? FootlooseSF?...