Recent Purchases 2013

e0d9n0b5

Anything Nick Wooster wears is ugly

especially rick owens

Being serious for a moment, I wonder about all the heat the shoes have taken- it's the most classic american workwear crossed with british workwear, a totally classic piece which is absolutely not pretentious in any way. 

How are brogued boots "workwear" in any sense, let alone "classic american workwear". I mean, they certainly started off as a casual british walking shoe, but workwear? What an incredulous claim, anyone working in dainty dress brogued boots deserves to be laughed at. It'd be like going hiking in those shitty Visvim Serras, except that the Serras at least take the form of a hiking boot, if not the function.

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

But oh well, guys who dis these are repping up a sweatshirt made of towel so what can you guys know :)

master repped yr purchases post plus the our legacy towel sweatshirt LULZ.  wat dat mean 2 u den?

Master reps all sorts of stuff cause he is open minded, unlike most people here (either goth ninja heads or hate all guys who'd never post the stuff they buy- they probably dissapprove of clothes altogether and live naked). But repping a towel sweatshirt and dissing totally classic stuff is kind of ridiculous / incongruent. Oh and as for negs I really couldnt care less, what is weird for me, as stated above, is that classic stuff gets negged by the same people who repped a towel sweatshirt. Its just strange so I asked.

As for Nick Woostet- some of his stuff is ridiculous, some is very nice. Like all of you rock only cool stuff...

You seriously think these look that bad?

I seriously think they look bad but that's my opinion.

However the perplexing fact is that you were going to throw them in the trash once you discovered they weren't Visvim. Until that discovery you thought they were worth owning. This isn't a Visvim rant either - I think some of their stuff is fine. Mindless purchasing of any brand is just dumb though and the following statement will surely go down in the worst poster's hall of fame:

Everything that has a Visvim tag is worth keeping worshipping.

Master reps all sorts of stuff cause he is open minded, unlike most people here (either goth ninja heads or hate all guys who'd never post the stuff they buy- they probably dissapprove of clothes altogether and live naked). But repping a towel sweatshirt and dissing totally classic stuff is kind of ridiculous / incongruent. Oh and as for negs I really couldnt care less, what is weird for me, as stated above, is that classic stuff gets negged by the same people who repped a towel sweatshirt. Its just strange so I asked.

As for Nick Woostet- some of his stuff is ridiculous, some is very nice. Like all of you rock only cool stuff...

It's not so much your (boring and generic) purchases that make people neg you, it's when you say stupid shit. 

Like this. 

But since it's a RP thread, I have these Ann Dem pants in the mail. Thanks Void!

p1Xkgqd.png

You're kidding right?

However the perplexing fact is that you were going to throw them in the trash once you discovered they weren't Visvim. Until that discovery you thought they were worth owning. This isn't a Visvim rant either - I think some of their stuff is fine. Mindless purchasing of any brand is just dumb though and the following statement will surely go down in the worst poster's hall of fame:

In his defence, he did follow that statement with "[…]Being serious for a moment[…]" so I'm fairly certain it was laced with all kinds of sarcasm. 

Yeah, I get that it was meant somewhat in jest, but it wasn't funny whatsoever though. Would be funny if he was poking fun at the fact that half this thread is Visvim, or a lot of people's blind obsession with it. But he seems as prone to that as anyone else, and that "joke" doesn't show self-awareness as much as it says "wow visvim, visvim you guys, how great is visvim, hiroki is my idol!!"

e:this whole conversation is lame anyway, just post your purchases next time without "witty" commentary

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

It wasn't supposed to be funny, only ironic. That's just a debris from the long, on-going 'blind V followers' labelling & debate. Oh look, you even used the word 'blind', how nice of you to prove my point.

homme.homme- before you neg maybe first try to understand what you're reading. it helps.

I can agree with one thing though, this discussion is moot so let's just drop it.

deux- I will do as I please, you always have an option to just neg if that makes you happy. I thought something is off about you so looked up your profile- now I get it, you are 17 years old. If I knew all along I wouldn't even bother replying.

Edited by kojiro

I some how missed all of your previous award-winning commentary so didn't "understand" your showstopping irony/humor/etc and only had your questionable purchases as reference. Going back I realize I have a whole lot more negging to do.

OH SHIT!

homme.homme - Well, it actually doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out even wihout being familiar with my earlier comments. Have at it, be my guest. Maybe try to understand what you're reading this time, I'm here to help if you need some guidance as to what you should neg my comments for (if you get lost again that is). It's funny how there's NO humility/humbleness in some of you guys.. if I fucked up and layed myself open to ridicule as you just did, I'd admit it rather than wildly switching to 'attack' mode... Everyone fucks up from time to time, your reaction just shows that you're not a contemplative type

or could it be that he just isn't very discerning?

as for your most recent most purchases post, maybe people just don't like it.  or maybe it was just the ugly pants?