[PICS] TAKE5 Best Denim Store in Hong Kong - Sugarcane, Samurai, Evisu, etc.

Landy

Hey any news on the Take5 10th anniversary colab jeans being in HK?

I will be heading there mid January and they don't seem to have them on their website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Crosspost from Pherrows thread. Take5 Shanghai Opening.

Me and the wife with Shimura-San (Pherrows) and Hiroshi Okamoto (Toys McCoy).

DSC_2227.jpg

Hopefully some of the other guys from the event will post photos, I forgot to take pics until Benny got his staff to snap a couple shots of us with the bosses. Then I remembered my camera. Nice guys and Benny is great. Wish I would have gotten there sooner, but we got the time mixed up and arrived at the end.

IMG_4975.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

As far as i know they offer hemming at a membership price and at a non-membership price.

They can discuss alterations with you, but usually don't do the alterations themselves. They will give it to a tailor or give you advise to which tailor to go to.

But if you know what you want and what machines to look for you should not have a problem to find a local tailor with the right equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

So last weekend I dropped by the Take 5 store for the first time.

First I thought I got lucky when I was randomly walking around the city and saw this sign up:

med_gallery_138592_109_193822.jpg

Unfortunately, it didn't quite turn out to be what I expected:

med_gallery_138592_109_67587.jpg

So the day after I got on the subway and Google Maps'd myself to the real deal instead:

med_gallery_138592_109_83177.jpg

I was surprised by the size of the shop: it's rather small, to say the least. The denim is displayed nicely on a wall, the other offerings in terms of clothing are displayed a bit less nice with a couple of racks stuffed with stuff, meaning that in order to find anything you have to go through the entire rack. The store had a nice little feeling about it though, wooden details everywhere. The denim stock isn't as big as I'd hoped, they only had 3 models from both Samurai and Iron Heart, the two brands I was mainly looking for. However, this might be due to the fact that it sells fast, as he told me they would get a new shipment in from Samurai in january. The guy working there spoke English, which I'm guessing is a plus for anyone thinking about visiting that doesn't speak Chinese, and was quite friendly and helpful. They're also having a sale until Chinese new year, meaning 12% discount for non members and a whopping 22% discount for members.

I inquired about hemming and/or altering jeans, so let me break it down:

They do hemming on both jeans bought there for 50rmb as well as jeans not bought there for 80rmb. They do not provide any further alteration services, but he wrote down an address for me from a tailor in the area who had given them his card and told them to send customers who wanted alterations to him. I can write down the address (in Chinese) if anyone needs it, but you can always ask the people at the Take 5 store as well. However, the guy working there wasn't sure whether or not that tailor had a chainstitching machine. Worst case scenario you could always get your alterations done and then take it back to Take 5 for a chainstitch.

Didn't end up picking up any jeans because the ones I was after were out of stock, but I did get some Sugarcane soap.

• 1 month later...

Usually no haggling - you're lucky if you happen to be there around CNY when they have sales.

VIP Membership last 1 year and gets extended automatically if you spend over a certain amount during the course of the year.

Prices with VIP discount should be best outside of Japan - considering transport and taxes that might be added in a lot of cases.