lets talk watches

poopie boy

First time I see a Bell & Ross with a brown strap. Gorgeous!

Does anyone have any first hand experience about the 03 series? I've been wanting a more casual type watch with interchangeable bands, specifically this 03-92.

courtesy of styleforum.

L1010476.jpg

L1010519.jpg

L1010566.jpg

has anyone here ever had any experience with chinese tourbillons? ive always been fascinated with their mechanics, but dont have the 10k to drop on a swiss.

dont. its not worth the embarassment. if u cant afford it then work hard to get it. chronoswiss makes decent tourbillon, and are priced quite reasonably too.

yeah i wouldn't buy a chinese tourbillon either. i'd rather get a great affordable watch in place. chinese tourbillons have shitty mecanism, aren't reliable, and the finishes are horrible.

ken s, i think you couldn't hear a minute repeater inside a SD, but nice joke, l lol'd.

Most importantly it has most likely been manufactured by children under harsh conditions.

I have no problems with that, they have smaller fingers hence better precision when handling smaller parts and small details.

Bought this a couple of months ago. It looks a lot bigger than it is thanks to the macro (watch body is only 37.5mm). It's an early 1970s model, but I don't know the exact year. Uses a Valjoux 7734.

2436778667_014fb136ff.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

haha nemoulette,i saw one of your waywt pics and thought you had a panerai,you got me green with envy,enough to hunt down a mm as my meagre budget doesnt stretch to a pam,and i just saw your post of yours.thats a lovely watch,dont feel like such a cheapskate knowing others on here have them...

also,whats the best place for vintage watches(tag,rolex,pam,omega),i dont trust ebay and prefer the look of the vintage styles,would probs go up to $1000,maybe more for a special piece.any ideas?

also,whats the best place for vintage watches(tag,rolex,pam,omega),i dont trust ebay and prefer the look of the vintage styles,would probs go up to $1000,maybe more for a special piece.any ideas?

Wanna Buy A Watch on Melrose in LA. www.wannabuyawatch.com

Excellent service, excellent prices.

Hi Guys (and gals too),

I'm new to this forum but have been a fashion slave for years :) and was very surprised and happy to see that theres also some watch aficionados here too since I LOVE watches and have been collection them for over 10 years now, always buying and selling and switching the collection around, I'm mostly a rolex and panerai guy but have also like some models of other brands like the PP Aquanaut, Hublot BB Black Magic, etc.

If Panerai is out of your budget theres a lot of homage pieces out there made of really decent quality and some even have the same ETA base movements used in panerai's historical line of watches (Unitas 6497 or ETA 6498) and on automatics just make sure you're getting a swiss ETA movement 2894-2 or valjoux 7750 on auto w/chronos.

Otherwise if you can afford or are able to save up for a real deal panerai then you should definitely go for it, just as our designer threads, these watches are like investments in the sense that if you get them at a fair price and take care of them they will surely retain their value if you decide to sell them in the future, although some might gain a bit or loose a bit in value but not much, unless you get a real shitty brand/model that has no demand in the pre-owned watch market or if you pay an overly inflated price to begin with.

So basically just do your homework and narrow down the brand/model you want and start searching for the best deal, for that the internet and watch forums are your friend, you can try places like paneristi.com, viapaneristi.com, timezone forums and even ebay just make sure you know what you're buying before you bid becasue theres a lot of fakes being sold as the real deal.

I currently have a panerai 217 MM with a professionally Ceramic PVD'd coating put on with actual DLC, and looks outrageously awesome! but I havent taken pictures of it, will post some later though.

Also Panerai's are awesome for changing straps on them, everytime you change a strap its like looking at a new or different watch, helps break the monotony of wearing the same thing over and over.

Heres a few watches from my collection (wife's included),

02.jpg

27c-casedial.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0345.jpg

Does someone know of a watch, like this one, but without the square timeplate? Just a round one?

If you're referring to the > 42mm pilot-style watches, then it's Panerai, IWC Big Pilots, even Glycine (I think).

I don't think Bell & Ross, as shown in the picture, makes a non-square cased BR-01.

i dont think those are pilot watches, pilot's watches usually are chronos and have a a rotating bezel to do calculations on.. the style is called a military watch (black face, white lettering, sometimes with a triangle at 12) a ton of brands make plain military watches like you're describing. a couple smaller british watch companies like Time Factors and RLT watches make some great sub-$1000 pieces, although they're usually pretty limited runs. try hamilton too.

cheers guys,i stopped being so lazy and had a look around,i reckon ill get a vintage seamaster,prices seem really reasonable,enough so that if i want to buy more at a later date and start a collection it wont break the bank.i guess ill just wait for the pam, my marina militaire came yesterday and its amazing..

If you're referring to the > 42mm pilot-style watches, then it's Panerai, IWC Big Pilots, even Glycine (I think).

I don't think Bell & Ross, as shown in the picture, makes a non-square cased BR-01.

Well actually they kind of do, it's called a Bell & Ross BR-02 model and its basically a round~ish version of the square BR-01 models

br-02-carbon.jpg

But if you really like BIG watches then you should try either one of these,

Destro-Fiddy.jpg

And if you really want to go vintage, then any one of these is a winner,

Daytona_group3.jpg

Cheers,