lets talk watches

poopie boy

On another note: does anyone have experience with Sinn's patented PVD technology? Really as tough as they claim? I'm looking for an indestructible black tool watch (e.g.limited amount of scratching when handling heavy machinery).

imagedisplay.ashx?ID=9f7ff51f-b5e4-41b0-8967-f33d3e89cc42&Table=ActualProductPhotos&Thumbnail=false

yeah their PVD process I'm going to assume is probably the same as most of watches that are PVD'd but their steel is submarine steel which means its more resistant to salt water and its also anti-magnetic. Also they finish their steel with a special process that hardens the steel even more than regular steel.

So yeah you can beat it up good but the PVD won't be unscratched it will wear if you beat it up. If you really want a black watch that you can beat up and have limited scratches I'd look for tool watches that have DLC coating which is even more scratch resistant than PVD. Or like Daaave said just get a G-Shock and call it a day, it will take any of the abuse you can dish at it.

went to an AD and finally tried on the DSSD. my god that thing is beastly on my wrist. got quoted for 65500 HKD, roughly 8500 US.

then i tried on a black sub no date and the new sub, all 3 of them right in front of me was awesome, wish i had the dough for all of them.

sub no date is just classic, and the new sub looked and felt great on the wrist. 1st time seeing it in black, i usually see them displayed in the blue or the new green which looks awful imo.

Two of my watches (I also have an orient Mako in the pepsi bezel and an orient 60th anniversary in silver). Next on my list is definitely a Steinhart, and If i get that I'm going to sell off the orient diver (they've been discontinued).

My orient diver is consistently 6sec/day fast. The Hamilton is a special edition created for the movie SWAT and it has a quartz movement.

img3796y.jpg

img3779a.jpg

You can get an orient Mako or a Mako XL (Hogrider). Both are great watches, and great platforms for modding if you're into that. Seiko makes a number of excellent divers under 300 range. If you're willing to up your budget, you can get the divers from Steinhart (TRITON or Ocean 1).

question, is there a way to "fix" the movement of your watch per say like when the months changes but the watch date does not recognize it to be a new month i.e. transitioning from Nov. (30 days) to Dec. (31 days).

Speaking about automatic of my Seiko which tends to fall back a few sec / mins. each day.

I'm not really sure what you're asking. There's no internal computer in automatic or even quartz watches that understands when there are 31 days, 30 days or 28 days in a month. You'll have to continue manually adjusting the datewheel in order to change it to the correct date.

Does that answer your question?

I'm not really sure what you're asking. There's no internal computer in automatic or even quartz watches that understands when there are 31 days, 30 days or 28 days in a month. You'll have to continue manually adjusting the datewheel in order to change it to the correct date.

Does that answer your question?

Didn't IWC do that in 1985 - Da Vinci (Ref. 3750)....