RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Guest DCDenim

lol but he sells check the feedback

anyway the retail is $195, though they are just PRL, the slim fit ones are hard to find, mostly classic and vintage fits flood marshalls. Not only that but most of them are washed/distressed with a $115 retail price.

The raw, slim, selvage ones are hard to find, if you can find them for $20 you can easily ebay them for $100. I can't wait to take the pocket shit off and maybe even crazy glue put my own custom waist tag on and rock those shits. Even though they are made in China, they look and feel identical to the RRL Japanese selvage jeans I own. Probably the same denim used for both.

A lot of sellers market PRL as RRL and vice versa. It's all Ralph Lauren anyway..

i'd stopped wearing them for awhile too, lost/gained/lost weight. they were dark as hell for a really long time and it seems like they stretch & shrink quite a bit. just got a pair of the straight legs a little while ago and am looking forward to breaking them in as well.

^^^

Those jawns are of far inferior quality, I saw a pair at TJ Maxx when I got the RRL's. They have nice fly buttons, but the denim is really like weight, 12oz or less it seems. It is washed pretty thoroughly as there is some fading just from the abrasion from washing. And the "slim" fit is horrible, I have big calves, but I could not even pull on a pair of 35W, which was like 3 inches too big in the waist.

Guest DCDenim
Does anyone know anything about Polo Ralph Lauren selvedge denim? (not RRL) How's the fit, quality, construction etc...?

Did a search but the only thing that came up was:

http://www.authenticforum.com/dry-denim/111915-ralph-lauren-polo-vintage-67-selvage-selvedge-jeans-pics-opinions.html

the guys at AF don't know jack shit, especially treasurehoard.. They are NOT prewashed and you WILL experience nice fades because they are heavily starched. There are two or three kinds. The Astor wash is on the unwashed side but has a ton of crinkles manufactured into them at the same time, the hems have no roping whatsoever. I own a pair in vintage and slim fit. The slim has a zip fly and a 7.5" leg opening. Very nice fit!!

Retail is $195 vs the $210 RRL retail price. I wouldn't be surprised if they are Japanese denim because most of the RRL line uses it and more and more brands are jumping on the 'japanese selvage' bandwagon.

I own many models of RRL one wash/distressed and the PRL. The PRL definitely is heavier denim anywhere from 14-16oz. The RRL are somewhere between 12-14oz.

Are you looking at an auction? What size do you wear?

Guest DCDenim
^^^

Those jawns are of far inferior quality, I saw a pair at TJ Maxx when I got the RRL's. They have nice fly buttons, but the denim is really like weight, 12oz or less it seems. It is washed pretty thoroughly as there is some fading just from the abrasion from washing. And the "slim" fit is horrible, I have big calves, but I could not even pull on a pair of 35W, which was like 3 inches too big in the waist.

The slim fit is amazing.. Most of the PRL/RRL jeans are loose, I'm actually surprised the slim fit is so slim..

You were probably looking at the pair which retails for $115, especially if those had fading from washing.

I've seen "raw" ones in my shopping as well as some other, and have to say they are not impressive, the denim feels cheap, and they are constructed in China. Something tells me that if they are made in China, then the denim is probably from there too. RRL are made in the US from Japanese fabric, not that origin of manufacture necessarily makes that much difference, but it is a general indication of quality.

And the Slim fit is not slim, it is tapered, there is a difference. A 35 slim, on me should not be baggy up top and tight around my calves with a really small hem. I've tried on raw PBJ and Skull in their slimmer cuts and the fit is far better. If the fit is very nice, let's see some fit pics. I'll post some of my RRL's

Guest DCDenim
we're talking about you dcdenim. no one cares about PRL, sorry

lol, your opinion may bear some weight had it not been coming from someone who fawns over $30 levi pieces of shit that fall apart within a month.

I'm in no way saying that PRL is off the hook great quality shit but it's still $200 retail, premium, raw, selvage denim.. whether you want to believe it or not.

lol, your opinion may bear some weight had it not been coming from someone who fawns over $30 levi pieces of shit that fall apart within a month.

I'm in no way saying that PRL is off the hook great quality shit but it's still $200 retail, premium, raw, selvage denim.. whether you want to believe it or not.

oh. So let me get this right. So the conditions you listed (high price, raw, and selvage) means these are the best jeans evar?

I'll take my 501s over your PRLs any day. You should follow up on the mynudies 501 contest and check with us in a month. Maybe then you'll see if these are truly "pieces of shit that fall apart whitin a month" .