RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Those are pretty cool, unfortunately I have plenty of brown boots already. I wonder if the black ones will eventually go on sale. I really want something plain and simple.

They probably wont put the black ones on sale unless they decide to discontinue them

i was hoping they would do one of those 25% off the store sales that they had a few months ago. I really should have picked them up then, although I cant remember if they were on sale then either. I've been keeping an eye on ebay, but for some reason they are charging 999 when they are 850 in the store. I guess it's working for them cause they are very slowly selling.

I'm getting closer to just going in and picking them up, i'm a big fan of these.

The answer to that can easily be found in this thread, and is even in the name and description of the boot on the website. Just have to look

I think you believe that Murdock is the maker of the newest engineer boots.

I don't think that's the case.

On the box of my Julian made RRL engineers it also said "Murdock Engineer Boots" (Murdoch?? Can't remember.).

So it seems that RRL calls this kind of engineer so.

I think it can be compared to the Bowery boots, which had been made by Julian until last year and now seem to be manufactured by was it Crocket and Jones (some manufacturer in Southampton, I believe; I can't remember).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got my Murdocks at the most recent sale, got one on fine, then tried to pull on the other and noticed that not only was the instep super tight but that there was a hole in the seam. Bummer.

Took them to RRL melrose and they sent them to a local shop to be repaired for free. will hopefully get them back within the week. Anyone think this is going to be a trend with these boots or did i get the freak right boot?

Also I tried emailing Ralph Lauren about the maker of the murdock and got nothing back. Searching for Texas boot makers leads to some pretty cool results. I think I may have narrowed it down to a few. I will probably never know but it would be interesting to find out.

Edited by gnu

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to pick up a brand new pair of RRL low straight rigid denim form the market forum at a great price. Received it and must say I'm very happy with the quality and fit of these.

I'm a natural 32 and these were sized 30; very snug fit and wearing these for the first day, no soak (I think if I soak these, I won't be able to button them...>.<).

For some reason, these feel more like a bootcut when I have these on. Loving it!!

• 4 weeks later...

The new engineer boots are made by Rios of Mercedes in Mercedes TX. Same company that makes the RRL cowboy boots, and the roughout roper boots from a few seasons back (not to mention Rios, Anderson Bean, and Olathe cowboy boots). Construction quality is top notch, although the company's heritage is firmly in the western boot arena, and not in engineer boots. To me, that explains the more refined, almost western look to the new boots.

Edited by BillWho?

• 1 month later...

New to this forum

For those who are interested, my source told me that the RubyLine will soon disappear. Grab some items if you are interested :)

T

I don't think you'll find too many sufu members interested in that range. It's primarily washed and pre-distressed denim. :blink:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Shameless plug for 

new Hickory Stripe Officer's Chino, Hickory Bozeman Wash, 34x34 Made in USA

http://www.styleforum.net/t/348985/rrl-new-hickory-stripe-officers-chino-hickory-bozeman-wash-34x34-made-in-usa

and

a pair of brown lightweight Officer's chino pants 32 x 34:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/348982/rrl-pants-32x-34

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do any of you guys have some helpful, and up to date, measurements of the different RRL fits?

I have a pair of slim fit rigid from 2 years ago and a pair of slim fit roper wash (non selvedge) from this spring and there's a pretty sizeable difference between the two pairs (not sure how much of that has to do with one being rigid but according to everybody i've talked to RRL once again adjusted their sizing a few seasons ago.).

I'm not close to a retailer to try them on, but I'm trying to find some measurements, or even just comparisons, for the low straight and slim bootcut. I LOVE the fit on the slim fit but I'm looking for something with a little more room in the thigh. FWIW I was a 34 and they fit immaculately, so, any RRL heads know how the other styles fit?

I've heard the bootcut is really tame but haven't been able to find measurements other than ebay which I'm skeptical about to begin with, let alone when you don't know what season each pair is from.

Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...