RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Guest DCDenim

yeah finding RRL jeans in sizes 28-30 seems impossible. As opposed to 32x32 which you can find boatloads of. Must be the most popular size.

anyway 38" inseam? Are you like 6'10''?

yeah finding RRL jeans in sizes 28-30 seems impossible. As opposed to 32x32 which you can find boatloads of. Must be the most popular size.

anyway 38" inseam? Are you like 6'10''?

he might be? but i'm 6'3 and need at least a 36" inseam. 38" is nice. 34" i can do but only if it's not technically a 34, like a lee's or w/e. too short an inseam and it ugly

i seriously hate RRL sellers on Ebay. I have an outlet near my parents house where I regularly pick up RRL shirts and pants for like 15-40 bucks with a retail of 180 or whatever, and that's without all the extra coupons they email people. The shit sells for nothing. There's all these belts listed at like 225 buy it now, and I know they got them for like 20 bucks max. Such pathetic people trying to make a living reselling outlet finds for ten times what they paid for them. just venting.

Guest DCDenim

guess what, they make LOTS of money.. I'm actually gonna check up my local outlets for stuff to resell. I have two Polo outlets near me and a couple of powersellers who live a few miles from me who must be copping from those stores.. Time to give them a little competition!

I don't like the guys charging retail for RRL shit on ebay either but the ones who give 50% off retail are good sellers worth commending, they are selling good products to people who can't find an outlet or those who live near an RRL/RL store who would have to pay retail. Anyway selling on ebay is no more pathetic than working for a clothing store for $6 bux an hour. The difference is one makes bank the other makes you homeless.

you are obviously talking about hananasi, from what I can see the belts sell like crazy, if you can find $250 belts for $15, you can become a millionaire in no time! Sounds like you live in an area where RL isn't popular and nobody hits up the outlet stores so you can get good deals, some areas the outlet stores are packed and sold out of good stuff in days before the prices even reach 50% off.

Don't be a hater, be a do-er.

Guest DCDenim

It's an enormous markup but it's also an enormous savings.

hey those sellers are usually women, they could always become hookers, is that less sleazy?

I think the people who are really responsible is RL, they try to see you a pair of dream pants for $1500 they know will end up at an outlet for $70. Or a pair of distressed jeans for $385 you could find for $40. If you ask me they should just try to make less overstock and keep their prices up and then people will actually pay retail for most of the RRL jeans.

well, that's the thing about RRL. I would never pay retail for the stuff, it's not worth the money in my opinion. I'll only snag stuff at the outlets. the quality is great, but for those prices you can get Japanese stuff that is far nicer.

as for the hooker analogy, I am of the opinion that reselling is sleazy. If these people would go out and get normal jobs or actually do something that requires intelligence and work, then far more people would have access to the RRL stuff in the outlets at a decent price, not the Ebay markups.

Guest DCDenim

I would never pay retail either but that's because I know you can find them at outlet stores, with that said, if you couldn't find them at outlet stores, you would consider paying retail ($210 for Raw Jap selvage is a good price anyway you cut it and $265 for great looking distressed Jap selvage jeans isn't bad either)

I pay retail for many brands but if I found them readily available at outlet stores, I would think differently about them. The fact that sellers mark them up on ebay keeps their exclusivity a little higher, since the market is willing to pay a higher price for them.

Also are you exaggerating when you say you can find them for $15? That has to be during a big sale because the outlet only gives 30% off retail most of the season before the big sales start at the end, by then, a lot of the good stuff is gone anyway.

As for 'normal' jobs, most people are in the business of selling shit either way, whether it's telemarketing, cars, insurance or caskets, selling on ebay is as normal as any job out there and the feeling of being self employed is far better than working for some douche. Plus I doubt the richest people in the world had to work hard to get to where they are now, they let the money do the work for them. Not to mention, if the tens of thousands of powersellers had to find 'real' jobs, you might be out of yours.

Personally I don't think anything RRL makes is worth retail, especially the jeans. If I didn't have access to the outlet stuff, I would spend that money on far superior Japanese brands.

My point exactly, resellers create an artificial exclusivity for an inferior product. The stuff isn't even worth the prices sold on Ebay.

the only RRL stuff at my outlet is always in the 75% off rack. they don't have anything else. I've asked and resellers come in and clean the place out as soon as it comes in.

lastly, I'm 100% confident that should Ebay collapse tomorrow, not one Powerseller will be capable of competing with me for my job. I'm sure my employer would be impressed by their ability to scour outlet malls, post digital pictures, and master the art of using the post office.

Guest DCDenim

what exactly do you do for a living?? If you don't mind me asking..

75% off of the retail or a marked down price? Because on a pair of $265 jeans 75% off is still $70+ tax and fees so they aren't getting them for a steal.

Also, RRL is in no way an inferior product, I really don't think you can find a significantly better pair of japanese selvage jeans for $210, if you can let me know.

--

can someone explain how these are 'selvedge???'

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-RRL-RALPH-LAUREN-DOUBLE-RL-JEANS-SELVEDGE-30-34_W0QQitemZ350161470943QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Jeans?hash=item350161470943&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

right now for around 200 you can get some fullcount contest jeans but other than regular retail i dont know. i love rrl but not gunna lie i have been over them maybe because its been like 8 months and thats all i wore but i havent worn them a lot in january... 4 good months of solid wear should get them where i want them to be. i gotta get back on the horse.

Personally I don't think anything RRL makes is worth retail, especially the jeans. If I didn't have access to the outlet stuff, I would spend that money on far superior Japanese brands.

My point exactly, resellers create an artificial exclusivity for an inferior product. The stuff isn't even worth the prices sold on Ebay.

the only RRL stuff at my outlet is always in the 75% off rack. they don't have anything else. I've asked and resellers come in and clean the place out as soon as it comes in.

lastly, I'm 100% confident that should Ebay collapse tomorrow, not one Powerseller will be capable of competing with me for my job. I'm sure my employer would be impressed by their ability to scour outlet malls, post digital pictures, and master the art of using the post office.

isn't RRL Japanese denim? explain your notion of superior quality

I'm not lying about the sale rack. It's 75% off the lowest ticketed price. so it's double reduced. I get pants for around 30-40 and shirts for 15-30 regularly. and that's without the coupons you get in e-mail that are like an additional 20% off every 150 u spend or whatever. That's what these resellers do. they get the shit for dirt cheap.

as for quality, I've seen alot of RRL stuff and inspected it, the quality and execution of detail just isn't on par with the majority of Japanese brands. Take a pair of Samurais and a pair of RRL's and put them next to each other. it's no comparison. Japanese selvage is a broad term, it doesn't mean instant quality. take a RRL leather flight jacket and put it next to a Buzz or Mccoys and there is no comparison.

RRL only gained ground on this forum because you used to be able to buy pairs for 30-40 bucks on Ebay, in that case, it was an incredible entry level selvage jean, but the price goes up, and you start to see that the vast majority of the stuff is more style than substance.

I'm a planner at an advertising agency and stand by the fact that any one whose padding their resume with "Ebay powerseller" will be not be competing with me for my job.

^^ Couple of things:

-Stop spamming this thread with all this junk, take it to PMs

-Reselling requires knowledge of the market and a certain level of risk, so if you want or are able to resell, then by all means, no one should judge. If there are no buyers, then that would take care of itself.

-RRL is really nice stuff, but other nice jeans can be had for ~$200, the Warehouse 660 dubbleworks immediately come to mind.

-And lastly DCDenim, shut the fuck up, no one cares about your opinion, you don't know jack shit. As the two links you posted, jeans don't have to show the self-edge on the busted outseam to be "selvedge" retard, like the APC new cures, sometimes the cut dictates less hypebeast-ary, and those faded carpenter jeans look like $22 Express sale rack

Guest DCDenim

what's your point, 4 pairs of those carpenter jeans sold today. For $200+ Yeah they look nothing like the shit found at express.. but whatever you say..:rolleyes:

and if you have a problem with me take your little e-peen to PM, rather than shit up the thread for those who would rather discuss RRL jeans, merchandise and the RRL resale market.

Guest DCDenim

I'm not lying about the sale rack. It's 75% off the lowest ticketed price. so it's double reduced. I get pants for around 30-40 and shirts for 15-30 regularly. and that's without the coupons you get in e-mail that are like an additional 20% off every 150 u spend or whatever. That's what these resellers do. they get the shit for dirt cheap.

-- I believe you, which is why I ask if they go straight to clearance without even a few weeks of regular outlet prices.

as for quality, I've seen alot of RRL stuff and inspected it, the quality and execution of detail just isn't on par with the majority of Japanese brands. Take a pair of Samurais and a pair of RRL's and put them next to each other. it's no comparison. Japanese selvage is a broad term, it doesn't mean instant quality. take a RRL leather flight jacket and put it next to a Buzz or Mccoys and there is no comparison.

RRL only gained ground on this forum because you used to be able to buy pairs for 30-40 bucks on Ebay, in that case, it was an incredible entry level selvage jean, but the price goes up, and you start to see that the vast majority of the stuff is more style than substance.

-- The retail for a pair or raw slims is $185-$210, the quality is great there is no question about it. I talked to a lot of guys on SF who wore them for over a year non stop and the denim is built to last. My APC and Nudies both fell apart within 6 months.

I've been following the ebay market, I have never seen any RRLs selling for $30-40 on ebay. That's rediculous. After fees they would be left with nothing. I doubt anyone lists something on ebay in hopes of losing money unless it was an auction and someone lucked out. The average price from recent memory is anywhere from $80-$110

I'm a planner at an advertising agency and stand by the fact that any one whose padding their resume with "Ebay powerseller" will be not be competing with me for my job.

-- A lot of these guys are gold and platinum powersellers, which means they make a solid 80-100k+ a year after expenses and have enormous credit lines. I am pretty sure they have college degrees too and selling on ebay provides lots of real world experience like listing, advertising, customer service, logistics, bookkeeping, etc..

-And lastly DCDenim, shut the fuck up, no one cares about your opinion, you don't know jack shit. As the two links you posted, jeans don't have to show the self-edge on the busted outseam to be "selvedge" retard, like the APC new cures, sometimes the cut dictates less hypebeast-ary, and those faded carpenter jeans look like $22 Express sale rack

Dude got owned. dcdenim you're seriously not ready for this. Just stop.

And btw, thats one ugly wash.

c08d_12.JPG

My APC and Nudies both fell apart within 6 months.

I've been following the ebay market, I have never seen any RRLs selling for $30-40 on ebay. That's rediculous. After fees they would be left with nothing. I doubt anyone lists something on ebay in hopes of losing money unless it was an auction and someone lucked out. The average price from recent memory is anywhere from $80-$110

Let's see some pictures

I've been following the ebay market

orly? You don't have anything better to do than sit at home for hours at a time for an auction to end so you can come here and yap?

Guest DCDenim

they look better than the 501s you wear...

go to ebay type 'rrl jeans', the research is done, I could see why this seems like a complicated process for you sayocean.

btw, if someone posted those jeans in the evo thread people would go crazy over them.