narin

x post from the evo thread

RRL slim fit 29x32

bought them in may 07 actual wear around 10 month

one wash from factory

one soak at home

and one wash yesterday

picture taken at natural sun light

machine wash with hang dry in the garage, stretch almost 2 inches in waist and shrink back to tag size after dry, color still pretty dark after wash

Pre wash

33cumv5.jpg

7162ro.jpg

Post wash

1gq3ph.jpg

v5wbkg.jpg

Fitted pic

160rcjl.jpg

very nice i guess these really do take a while to fade and im only at 2 months! lol

hell yea...i think if it is the raw one, it would be pretty quick, my brother has the raw one, and it show fading in a monht already and he wear his less often than mine. My is one wash, and with the soak , it take awhile..but i still love it cuz i am not looking for those extreme contrasts anyway.

nothing really going on with these they are 32x32 i believe and has had 2 soaks (one initial soak and one back in june)i started wearing these 5.16.08 and pretty much wear them everyday but i do take breaks from them as well. i went like a week or so not wearing them but yeah pretty much everyday or for sure 5 days out of the week. i dont ride bikes in these i dont skate in these (usually skate in some baggier jeans) i mainly smoke weed in them and wear them to work.

sorry the evo isnt so extravagant but pics never hurt a thread.

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

good shit man. cant wait to see when they hit the 6 month mark.

Those slim look sweet. I have to try a pair soon. Here's some pics of the Stright Leg, first are before wear. I think they were a One Wash. Followed by ~6 months/3 wash. Had to wash so much cause I sweat in them once summer hit :cool:

img_0945.jpgimg_0946.jpgimg_1614.jpgimg_1615.jpgimg_1616.jpgimg_1617.jpg

what is the difference (if any details) between this selvage denim used here, and the actual raw selvage denim used on other models. i have both pair , i know they are both selvage, but these once wash seem to be a more light weight, can anyone shed any more knowledge?

There are lots of the slim bootcuts at an outlet near me, in many sizes. Could conceivably do some pick-ups.

I have a pair that I'm going to get tapered and start wearing one of these days.

In other news, I have a pair of the slim fits in black, size 28/34 that are too small for me if anyone's interested. Unworn, and I think one-wash, still have tags attached.

headtowall - I'd definitely be interested...

I'm trying to find these things, RRL slim bootcuts, and all I've found is eBay.

Couple questions though...

1. These look legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL-SELVAGE-DENIM-JEANS-SLIM-STRAIGHT-30_W0QQitemZ330249114429QQihZ014QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

2. How much are these expected to shrink cause these presoak measurements are pretty big...

3. And how do you guys size for these? True/normal waist?

headtowall - I'd definitely be interested...

I'm trying to find these things, RRL slim bootcuts, and all I've found is eBay.

Couple questions though...

1. These look legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL-SELVAGE-DENIM-JEANS-SLIM-STRAIGHT-30_W0QQitemZ330249114429QQihZ014QQcategoryZ11483QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

2. How much are these expected to shrink cause these presoak measurements are pretty big...

3. And how do you guys size for these? True/normal waist?

1. Yes

2. They're sanforized so shrinking will be minimal even after a hot wash.

3. True to size. Size down for a slimmer fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the fit of RRL Raw Selvedge Slim fit. I posted these in the evo thread like a week ago? I'm sagging these so my ass is kinda only half in the picture on the right. But I wanted to post these up to show a reference of how much these really stretch out. When I purcahsed these, they were pretty damn tight. I've worn these since January 1st of this year and as you can see, they almost have a relaxed fit now. So for people purchasing RRL's, keep in mind they do not shrink that much (if ANY at all) and that these really stretch out! For me this is the fit I wanted but some people looking for a slimmer fit may be dissapointed...

rrlfithe3.jpg

More information upon request...

- RRL Raw Japanese Selvedge - Slim Fit

- 30x32

- Cold Soaks @ 3 months, 4 months, and 5 months

- Warm Wash @ 6.5 months

- Worn EVERYDAY (with few exceptions)

- Activities included skateboarding to and from classes and lots of partying.

- Numerous rain soaks happened along the way.

I purchased these at retail price... yeah I know stupid me but then again, these are my VERY first pair of raw OR selvedge jeans. These are also the very first expensive jeans I've ever purchased, and while I do wish I had more information prior to buying these, I'm actually pretty satisfied about how these turned out. Everything's a learning experience, and due to these jeans I now have a much more better knowledge about denim and such. As one person once said, "Experience is what you received when you didn't get what you wanted." I'll be much wiser when the next pair comes around.

Since people have been asking about these, here's some more detailed pictures. The hole is a close up of my left knee (MY left, YOUR left). Yee yee.

highlightshj4.jpg