RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

CS- Did you order from subculture or some other manner? If from him, what size did you get? I'm about 1 size smaller than you from what i remember. I was looking for the "Slim" instead of "Slim Straight" which i think i've seen before and are slightly tapered instead of straightleg. I saw some on ebay and the sizing was alllll fucked up. It seemed like i needed a 28 or 29 when i'm a natural 31 waist.

• 3 weeks later...

I warm soaked mine for 2 hours with a little detergent (there was a lot of blood inside one of the legs) and i'm really really happy with how they came out.

I've been wearing them for probably 5 of the last 7 months and they're starting to get some good fades, the soak made the denim a lot darker and filled back in a little of the fading which I expected, but it also made it really coarse, i wasn't expecting that.

• 2 weeks later...
I warm soaked mine for 2 hours with a little detergent (there was a lot of blood inside one of the legs) and i'm really really happy with how they came out.

I've been wearing them for probably 5 of the last 7 months and they're starting to get some good fades, the soak made the denim a lot darker and filled back in a little of the fading which I expected, but it also made it really coarse, i wasn't expecting that.

'

make some pics!

yes zelah where are those pics at ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"I have a pair of RRL slim bootcut that isn't selvege; strangely, it's 98% cotton 2% lycra. They are pretty distressed and fit nice and slim, although they've stretched out a little.

Maybe I unknowingly bought a pair of women's jeans...?"

yes, you have got a pair of women's RRL stretch. no stretch in men's, all selvedge.

I'm bumping this thread to share some updated info on RRL Straight Legs and what is going on in the aftermath of the Levi's lawsuits.

They finally have straight legs in stock again and they indeed do have different pocket stitching than before. However, the only think they changed was to take the loop they used before and flip it upside down. So now it looks like an upside down Levi's logo.

I checked out the Rugby raw selvage a couple weeks ago. The denim is pretty nice...it could be the same as the RRLs, in fact...but there is no comparison on the details.

To me, if you're gonna live in a pair of jeans for like a year, you're crazy to get the Rugby ones when you know a much nicer version is out there.

Hey everyone, I am a total noob (first post!), so I hope I'm following appropriate SuFu ettiquette. I'm really interested in a pair of raw selvedge RRLs. I previously tried on a pair of RRLs at a store and they looked & fit great but they sold out before I decided to get them. I believe they were the straight leg cut. now I want to buy a pair!

I see a lot of RRL's on eBay that say 'selvedge' but they seem to be very distressed. The style that I liked seemed to be only a one wash or maybe no wash. Could anyone help me navigate the correct signs to look for a pair of one wash/no wash RRLs on eBay?

For example, are either of these the 'correct' RRL's that most folks on this thread recommend?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Mens-Straight-Leg-Jeans-34-x-34-New_W0QQitemZ320264413873QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320264413873&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Distressed-New-denim-Jeans-34-x-34_W0QQitemZ170229494907QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170229494907&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks everyone!

Hey thanks for the quick response!

I read thru this entire thread and it sounds like RRL sizing used to be way off, but recent cuts were getting more true to size. However, this listing says its a 29" tagged waist but 34" 'actual' waist. Does this mean this is one of the older cuts, or does it mean their sizing is still way off..?

Thank you

Also... I notice that some RRL's have completely blank back pockets, but others have the 'upside-down loop/arctuates' stitching. Does the presence/absence of the loop mean anything?

I'm pretty certain that I want a 32x34 one-wash (not a raw wash OR a distressed wash), but its hard to discern the wash from the eBay listings. I don't think the type of wash is written on the labels either.

Any more advice would be appreciated! Thanks for helping a noob.