RRL Rodeo Ralph Lauren

narin

Also... I notice that some RRL's have completely blank back pockets, but others have the 'upside-down loop/arctuates' stitching. Does the presence/absence of the loop mean anything?

I'm pretty certain that I want a 32x34 one-wash (not a raw wash OR a distressed wash), but its hard to discern the wash from the eBay listings. I don't think the type of wash is written on the labels either.

Any more advice would be appreciated! Thanks for helping a noob.

The back pocket stitching generally varies from cut to cut. Slim fits usually have a blank back pocket, whereas straightlegs have the loop. RRL recently pulled all the jeans with the loop and brought in new ones with a new design because of the Levi's lawsuit. I went by to pick up some slim fits and to my surprise all they did was flip the loop, so it now looks odd to me. The slim bootcuts have the loop on the front pockets and a really busy looking logo on the back pockets that's easily removable. As far as whether they are raw or one wash, you can usually tell. The raws are very stiff, while the one washes look like they might almost be raw until you touch them.

from the look of the picture it looks like the made in Japan line, all the new washes have 3d whiskers.

currentlyi believe 95 to 100% of the jeans are made in the US. if you have a chance pick up the newer versions as the sizing and fits are much better. love RRL jeans own like 20 pairs.

wow, seriously? assuming they are from various seasons, you should post pics. It'd be nice to see them all at once for comparison and contrast purposes.

The back pocket stitching generally varies from cut to cut. Slim fits usually have a blank back pocket, whereas straightlegs have the loop. RRL recently pulled all the jeans with the loop and brought in new ones with a new design because of the Levi's lawsuit. I went by to pick up some slim fits and to my surprise all they did was flip the loop, so it now looks odd to me. The slim bootcuts have the loop on the front pockets and a really busy looking logo on the back pockets that's easily removable. As far as whether they are raw or one wash, you can usually tell. The raws are very stiff, while the one washes look like they might almost be raw until you touch them.

Thanks for the info! In my quest for even more knowledge, I stopped by the Ralph Lauren store today and spoke with a pretty helpful salesperson. According to him, there are three official RRL selvedge cuts these days:

1. Slim fit - this has no back pocket stitching

2. Slim bootcut - this is the one with the really busy back pocket stitch + additional stitching below the front pockets

3. Straight leg - this one had the upside down loop but was pulled from shelves due to the lawsuit (and has since been rereleased with an inverted logo I guess? Not sure because they had none of this cut in stock)

Furthermore, each cut comes in THREE possible variations:

1. Raw wash - 'nuff said

2. One wash - also 'nuff said

3. Distressed wash - there are quite a few flavors of the 'distressed' wash

Unfortunately, it seems there is NO way to tell from the tag whether its a raw, one, or distressed wash. This is a bummer because I see so many for sale on eBay but the photos are not clear enough to tell the wash, and the sellers are usually totaly unaware of the wash! (At least the last two I emailed have no idea)

I really want a ONE wash in 32x34 (either slim or straight), and I'm almost paralyzed by indecision because I can't tell which eBay listing is the right one! I suspect that most if not all of them in my size on eBay are variations of 'distressed'. 'Distressed' is least interesting (of course) cuz it takes all of the fun out of wearing in your own unique pair!

Anyway, it was nice to learn all of this, and I will keep hoping that I can find the one I want.

Think you may want to review some jean terminology as you sound completely confused.

Furthermore, each cut comes in THREE possible variations:

1. Raw wash - 'nuff said

2. One wash - also 'nuff said

3. Distressed wash - there are quite a few flavors of the 'distressed' wash

1. RRL makes only one model of jeans that are unwashed (aka shrink to fit). IIRC, it's the buckleback model that was released fairly recently.

2. One wash jeans can be raw. Unwashed jeans are raw. Notice the difference?

Unfortunately, it seems there is NO way to tell from the tag whether its a raw, one, or distressed wash. This is a bummer because I see so many for sale on eBay but the photos are not clear enough to tell the wash, and the sellers are usually totaly unaware of the wash! (At least the last two I emailed have no idea)

If the photos show any kind of fading on the jeans, they're distressed. If they look completely dark and without any marks, creases, fades, holes, etc., then they are raw. And if you look at what I wrote before, if the jeans are raw then you can assume with about 99% certainty that they are also one wash.

Is that clearer?

I just picked up a pair of RRL slim straights off of ebay. The seller listed them as 28x34 but stated the fit was more like a 31x34 - which made me think these were the MIJ RRLs. When I got them today the first thing I noticed was "made in the USA" and they definitely fit true to size. I could barely get my shins into the pant legs!

The denim is very high quality and they feel great. Nice cut and look. Now I just need to get a pair that fits!

The seller listed them as 28x34 but stated the fit was more like a 31x34 - which made me think these were the MIJ RRLs.

Too bad. It's harder to find the original MIJs nowadays. A 28 back then was like a 33.

And can anyone direct me to an outlet store in the Los Angeles area that carries these?

Outlet as in, factory outlets, or outlet as in retail b&m?

There aren't any RL outlet's I've seen in Southern CA that carry RRL jeans. Shirts and tees, yes, but never any denim.

As far as regular retail stores go, Hollywood Trading Company might still carry them. Flagship RRL in Malibu definitely would.

I just called a few of the outlets closest to Los Angeles. The Camarillo Outlet carries them occasionally and said to call each week to see if they received any with their new shipment. Also, the higher end of the two RL stores in the Cabazon Outlets carries them on occasion. The Cabazon store currently has womens and childrens RRLs, but the mens "usually sell out quicly."

Hollywood Trading Company carries the entire denim line still and we will give you a discount since you are a SUFU customer. 323-964-0080 Robert @ H.T.C can help u.

Hollywood Trading Company carries the entire denim line still and we will give you a discount since you are a SUFU customer. 323-964-0080 Robert @ H.T.C can help u.

Off-topic but are you still carrying the Stevenson line?

i actually stumbled across a pair of selvedge RRL one-wash at a value village in baltimore last week. 5 bucks. they were 30x30 though, too short inseam so i cut them into shorts. but still, japanese selvedge at a crappy thrift store is great

• 2 weeks later...

as i understand, the bucklback is shrink to fit and was a special run. they usually carry "rigid" unwashed - not shrink to fit - in 5 pocket AND they run a one wash rinse in 5 pocket as well... hope this info helps...

Think you may want to review some jean terminology as you sound completely confused.

1. RRL makes only one model of jeans that are unwashed (aka shrink to fit). IIRC, it's the buckleback model that was released fairly recently.

2. One wash jeans can be raw. Unwashed jeans are raw. Notice the difference?

If the photos show any kind of fading on the jeans, they're distressed. If they look completely dark and without any marks, creases, fades, holes, etc., then they are raw. And if you look at what I wrote before, if the jeans are raw then you can assume with about 99% certainty that they are also one wash.

Is that clearer?

wtf? Its all right to share some info but a) you dont have to be condescending and B) If you want to be condescending at least know what youre talking about so you dont look like an idiot. Raw = unwashed. One wash = washed once. Raw ≠ one wash.

1z23hg1.jpg

4kvbs6.jpg

RRL slim fit 29x30, made in u.s.a. selvedge and now stretch to 31x30

Pics taken in may, one wash when i bought them, 2 soaks

I have a pair, i would LOVE to have this pair with the little RRL on the right hand pocket corner. When did you get these?

my old roommate had a pair, they looked different than my newer ones...

let me know, fattyb

thanks