superconfessional

I've been going to bed at 2 or 3 every night, then waking up at like 11 or 12 the next afternoon. And now I can't get to bed earlier than 2 because my body's not used to it... :(

get a job and do some exercise you lazy fuck...

:P

I never have answers when Im sleep deprived D:

I've been sleeping 3-4h a night for almost a month now and it sucks!

For a while I worked nights and did morning radio, so only slept 4-5 hours a night... fucking horrible....

i did this through all of high school but for no good reason (didnt have any jobs either)

quoted for truth. the ones that let me get away with sleeping in class were gods to me. i had a job though.

same here, never in bed before 1 or 2 am, for no real reason. i didn't have a job either because it's unfeasable when in high school in france (classes from 8am to 7pm mon to fri, worst country on high school for sure).

the worst was during the final exams. i slept from 3 to 5 hours, i didn't want to wake up for some stupid exams.

** reminded never to move to France **

Nah seriously 8:00 am to 7:00 pm is pretty long man lol I would cut a lot of classes man.. lol how is the periods broken up ?

actually i'm not sure i'm that smart (stuffing our brains with stuff make them go in one ear and out the other), and the french educationnal system is not top rated, higher than the american one i think but far lower than the swedish or danish system i guess.

8 to 7 is fucking hardcore, everybody is sleepin on the afternoon. they really should change that. i've been to nearly every european country, and none have this sort of schedule. most of them work only till 1pm and their afternoon is free, so they can either work or hang out with friends. :( :(

but we have 2 hours to eat at luch, and 2 15min break, one at like 10, the other one on the afternoon. and depending on your school (public/private), it's easy or not to cut classes. at my high school i couldn't :(

I'm so happy to be out of this thing. i had around 30-35 hours of classes at high school and will have only 20-25 at uni !

about french universities, i'm not sure, but i heard the contrary. i've heard lots of jealous HEC (hautes études commerciales, most famous business school in france) student that said foreigners could enter it so easily while they had to work their ass off for 2 years in prep class (prolly among the toughest studies around here, and you must be on a very good one, and be very good to enter school such as HEC).

otherwise, there are lots of foreign students at universities, so i think it mustn't be that hard to get into and it's also FREE !

actually i'm not sure i'm that smart, and the french educationnal system is not top rated, higher than the american one i think but far lower than the swedish or danish system i guess.

Not that I have any ranks or other experiences but I dunno if I'd rate the swedish system that high. There's kind of an inflation when it comes to high gardes which probably makes us look better to people on the outside but educational wise I wouldn't say it's superior in any way.

i checked this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/11/26/world/main530872.shtml

and you're right, s korea and japan are the top ranked. i didn't think about them !

i should check, but i think that if you suscribe to a french university on your own (programs by us uni to study abroad must cost a lot, i guess), it should be free (there are some fees, for files, library and stuff, but it's like $600 or less for french students, maybe it's not more expensive for foreigners).

i was looking at my uni website, and they didn't mention any fees. but they mention possible financial help from the french government !

you need a right to stay and some papers, a diploma that permits you to access uni in your country. and if you're from the european union it's nearly as easy as for local students (read: pain in the ass paperwork).

As long as they taste good, who cares what they look like. Unless you screwed up the recipe. In which case, yes, you should feel really terrible

One time my mom completely fucked over this recipe for a cake by adding 2 tabelspoons instead of teaspoons of baking power and it came out about 5 inches over the pan. Half of the batter ended up on the bottom of the oven though. Funniest part was she wanted us to eat it after.