superconfessional

thrice for me as well. for sure, they rockeh deh house.

what "eras" did you see them in? i saw two rather ripped shows and one daydream reissue show. yeah... what an ear-fucking show. truly great.

I saw them NYC Ghosts & Flowers w/ Jim O'rourke, Murray Street, and Rather Ripped. All three times great, last time the best (played Eric's Trip and Teenage Riot in quick succession, but the NYC Ghosts & Flowers show had Diamond Sea and the Trilogy, so both were pretty fucking great). Was supposed to go see one of the Daydream shows but I missed out due to bitchass friends not letting me know they were going. :\

I jammed with a kid today who looked like thurston. I told him and he said he hadn't ever heard of him.

He played a gibson es and a cybertwin??????>

I had that setup before, but with an ES135 and a Twin Reverb. it was weird.

this is funny. I dunno why. Fucka cybertwin. Those amps sound like pooh. Better than Line6 though. I need to buy a cab, thinking of an Avatar 2x12 vertical w/ V30's. I have no money to spend on that though... just put $300 worth of needed work into my SG. Man, motherfucker was buggin out.

you obviously missed the sonic youth of the 90's then

blahblahblah my name's anthony and I'm old.

And washing machine was a great album right?

thats for you to tell me, and for me to acknowledge as factually accurate, considering you have more knowledge of how sweet and utterly awesome the 90's were than I do. I was but a child at the time.

EDIT: I have a washing machine shirt. Am I cool yet?

thats for you to tell me, and for me to acknowledge as factually accurate, considering you have more knowledge of how sweet and utterly awesome the 90's were than I do. I was but a child at the time.

EDIT: I have a washing machine shirt. Am I cool yet?

not at all. Murray street was actually and surprisingly good!

not at all. Murray street was actually and surprisingly good!

live, some of the songs didn't translate well. Was the last album Jim O'rourke played on and one of the last tours he went out on with them (he might have been on the Sonic Nurse tour?)

it is a good album. Rather Ripped was better.

ok....

I just resent that he got the 90's and I got the "kid" 90's. We both enjoyed the same cartoons though.

and it's not even like that. sonic youth through the 90's weren't this "greatest hits" live band that they seemingly are today and have been for basically post washing machine. I've seen them a handful of times recently. One time with lightning bolt, and they played a fucking killer setlist, yet no one cared because of LB (don't pick a better live band as an opener). If anything since they've come to grips with the fact that they're not groundbreaking anymore, and matured, they've gotten a lot better.

and it's not even like that. sonic youth through the 90's weren't this "greatest hits" live band that they seemingly are today and have been for basically post washing machine. I've seen them a handful of times recently. One time with lightning bolt, and they played a fucking killer setlist, yet no one cared because of LB (don't pick a better live band as an opener). If anything since they've come to grips with the fact that they're not groundbreaking anymore, and matured, they've gotten a lot better.

well, I feel like that after something like Washing Machine, they realized that music was changing away from the direction where they were king. SY has always appealed to only a certain audience, but now that the original fanbase has matured, they've matured with them and are playing up to the original fanbase's children, so in essence, it was only proper for them to become a "greatest hits" sorta band.

also, lightning bolt fucking suck. I hate them. sorry.

I have to confess complete happiness. After nealy 20 years and 10 albums....The Charlatans are finally touring down under for the first time ever.....and even my town!

charlysvt0.jpg

After her being a complete bitch for the past month and a half and almost screwing me out of my money for the group trip to Chicago for Lollapalooza this past weekend... I ended up sleeping with my ex the last day we were there. She was coming onto me hardcore all weekend and due to some of our friends passing out in her room, her friend and her had to come sleep in the guys' room. I figured they would split a bed and I'd get the other one, but I came out of the washroom and they were in seperate beds.

Her friend was talking to us about the guy she met that night, and as soon as the light went out, the ex had her hands all over me. Undid my belt, etc etc. Of course, everyone knew in the morning so it made the trip home a bit awkward. Better than the awkward we were all expecting; both of us being at each other's throats. Err... yeah.

It was good wasn't it? Ex sex is fucking awesome. I wish my ex didn't move way up north because the occasional romp was terrific.

hey i advice

okay so today I was on a bus with a few friends and i sit next to this girl who i added on myspace because I donno why. We never ment she just likes the smiths a lot and I said "lol, you like the smiths and you're in my area"

ANYWays she has dirty hair and is really fucking cute.she was staring at my face, off and on the entire 30minute ride. I didn't say nothing and she didn't say nothing but if I would of said something would it be out of line to fucking say "lol you that girl from myspace"???

She only has like 30 friends and logs on every day so i know she knew who I fucking was.

She rides the buss every wendsdsay at 8:30, so next time I see her can I say that or would that be dumb??? i've never said that before

shes like 2 years older than me though,a nd she smokes and I don't smoke

she has really dirty hair and I want to fuck her

Keagan: why not talk to her? Worst case she tells one of her fucking Myspace friends. I've now talked to like 4-5 people who have formed long-lasting friendships due to the internet. "lol myspace" or even just contacting her ON myspace is enough.

Of course she might hunt you down, cut out your liver, and finish that fucker with Chianti and fava beans but life is all about risk.