superconfessional

isnt there some link between high intelligence and depression, or at least some kinds of social disorders? my ex is probably the smartest person i know, and both she and her twin sister have struggled with depression (although her sister was later diagnosed as being bipolar and had to drop out of college).

graphic-happiness-intelligence-Favim.com-164830_large.jpg

related: http://www.scribd.co...an-Suicide-Note

a suicide "note" that is 1,905 pages long written by a guy who shot himself in front of a church at Harvard (he didn't go to Harvard)

Overview

EXORDIA:

Freedom of Speech on Trial

How the Very Act of Repressing this WorkCan Verify Its Freedom of Speech Hypothesis

An Experiment in Nihilism

What the hell happened to reason?

PART I:

God is Technology

How the Singularity of MonotheismTranscended Biology and Primedthe Technological Genesis of God

The Seditious Genius of the Spiritual Penis of Jesus

How Christianity’s Subversion of Kin Selective Altruism Evolved intothe Modern Idea of Social Progress

Absolute Purity

The Secularization of Hell within theDesecration Machine of Auschwitz

OVERVIEW

PART II:

A Vendetta Called Revolution

How Ethnic Hostility between Anglo-Saxonsand the Normans Who Conquered ThemEvolved into Liberal Democracy

Converse Cognates

Why the Norman Conquest was theWorld-Historical Ass-Kickingthat Deflected the English-speaking Worldfrom the German Path to Nazism

Creating God and the Evolution of Genetic Suicide

Why Liberal Democracy Leads to theRational Biological Self-Destruction of Humans and theRational Technological Creation of God

TERMINUS:

The Punchline

Background Research for an ExperimentalElimination of Self-Preservation andother Biasing Biological Factors

Selected Bibliography

(What suicide note would be complete without abibliography?)

related: http://www.scribd.co...an-Suicide-Note

a suicide "note" that is 1,905 pages long written by a guy who shot himself in front of a church at Harvard (he didn't go to Harvard)

ugh, i gave that clunker a once-over

my own issues with it:

- not peer reviewed

- sociobiology is already a tenuous method, using it for political analysis is a larger leap of faith. add to that historical politics, dang.

- he uses historical data, but isn't a historian by training (ie: he might trust his sources too much)

- his hypothesis about it being censored or repressed has not come true

bringing evolution to the humanities has been trendy lately, much to my personal dismay. a lot of the junk that gets turned out of fields like evolutionary psychology rely on entirely speculative or hypothetical thought exercises. there's also been a strand of evolutionary thought that interprets darwin in a dangerous way, which is herbert spencer's "survival of the fittest". it would be more accurate to say "survival of the fit enough".

this should probably go to the philosophy thread though my bad for everyone who came here to hear embarassing stories

i confess that i actually enjoy jim jarmusch's movies

edit: wow just revisted a few chapters and there's a lot of crypto-fascism and racist stuff in there. this guy really didn't understand his topics

Edited by sawyer

sometimes i get the urge to leave canada and move to a cool city like amsterdam or copenhague and start from scratch

i know. calgary is so damn boring, i can't wait to finish uni and get the hell back to the us (or at least toronto)

Watching "Ancient Aliens" on history channel reaffirms my "I am miniscule" belief of myself & keeps a smile on my face win lose or draw.

Seriously? Ancient Aliens makes you deeply reflect on life? Ancient Aliens? Holy fuck.

So far I personally cant think of a single thing because even something as great as the hadron collider which discovered "the God particle" can be explained, but huge stones in a desert cant?

edit: nevermind i read your question wrong

why cant we delete posts anymore

Edited by sawyer

I have really bad insomias, and it basically fuck my daily life

Need to buy a lot of sleeping pills, but i am not really confortable with the idea of getting addicted to it

BTW, need to go to uni in a couple of hours, how to look awake, except like coffee redbull etc, if someone have advice, feel free....

Edited by alexsade