superconfessional

this complaint is on a far less grand scale than the ones above me, but goddamn this job search is going so slowly.

stopped counting the number of interviews for career jobs i went to in the past year. i'm glad i still get interviews at this point and then i realize that after going to that many i still couldn't get hired. working part time but not really going anywhere with it. life plans getting pushed back by 10 years~

im on drugs.

no... not the good kind.

i started taking zoloft about a month ago. i realized that i had been depressed for years... i mean, i knew it, but it wasnt that bad sometimes. sometimes it was fucking horrible... but most of the time it was so unnoticable that none of my friends would ever say anything. my wife even didnt realize it, and ive known her for 13 years. but it was there, always in the back of my mind... i just felt beat down... i kinda floated along with life, living day to day, getting high and drunk and skateboarding... i always fet like i could do more, but when an opportunity presented itself i would never take it. stress made it worse, and after losing my job in may, i went downhill. it got to the point where i had no energy to do anything... even fuck. i realized i needed something when i was fighting with my wife for no reason and just started crying and unable to take anymore.

so, i called the doctor... went in and was prescribed zoloft. i was skeptical, but have been taking it as prescribed and i actually feel great.

the first week was fucking great too... it was like the tail end of a mushroom trip where there are no more visuals but you feel amazing and your head feels light. couldnt sleep worth a fuck tho.

now, almost a month into it im getting side effects at all... or bad ones anyways. i actually was able to motivate myself and get back into school. should be starting at the end of this month.

now... i dont recommend drugs to anyone... especially pharmaceuticals... but this has worked for me. only downside is i can no longer trip the same... it takes 2 times the mushrooms to get lesser, but still enjoyable effects.

it works for some people for a while. my gf loved it for the first 6mos, but now shes not loving it so much any more

i have been thinking about getting on a antidep for a while... i have friends who it seems to work for, and have yet to meet someone who it did not really seem to help more than not...

still avoiding it tho, even though i think it might be the right move...

Edited by AstroWolf

i have been thinking about getting on a antidep for a while... i have friends who it seems to work for, and have yet to meet someone who it did not really seem to help more than not...

still avoiding it tho, even though i think it might be the right move...

theres no shame in going on them, take it from me... but theres more to it than just taking a pill. life style changes, etc. if u got questions, pm me.

Def take anti deps if you feel you can't make that change without it. If the first prescription doesn't work try another product. There will be one that works for you eventually. Have a friend who tried Zoloft but made her feel listless; Setraline worked great and she's been taking it since for the last 5 or so years.

No shame man depression is a chemical imbalance and taking drugs just puts your body and mind in better order.

No shame man depression is a chemical imbalance and taking drugs just puts your body and mind in better order.

Not sure i agree with this sentiment, not saying that drugs are never the answer but definitely not always.....

Edited by jackg

yeah that's why i said if you can't handle it yourself. but i guess that statement was more for people who have depression but can't get over that mental hurdle of seeing a psych and trying meds. i've seen it turn a gurgling weeping mess into a productive happy person first hand though, so i can't help but endorse it. as long as it's the right one for you it's like taking any kind of long term medication to keep you going everyday imo.

thats why i smoke. i took zoloft and that made me like a zombie. but do you son.

i feel ya, smoking isn't for everyone but it does make every day more enjoyable. i don't think i learned to slow down and appreciate things around me till i started smoking haha.

Edited by lotek01

Def take anti deps if you feel you can't make that change without it. If the first prescription doesn't work try another product. There will be one that works for you eventually. Have a friend who tried Zoloft but made her feel listless; Setraline worked great and she's been taking it since for the last 5 or so years.

zoloft is sertraline... its just the brand name.

wtf lol not straight edge by any means.. i drink regularly and am hungover more than i'd care to admit. was referring to people who take drugs for depression (like zoloft, etc). no problem with people who take drugs for pleasure.