superconfessional

If you don't want to look like shit or odd then you have to consider what the masses are wearing. Look at the models and mannequins in large, moderately priced chain stores and don't diverge too much from that. If you want to buy at expensive stores, that's fine, but you have to be aware of what's too unusual and avoid it unless you don't mind attempting to be a trend setter and risking looking weird. If you just read tumblrs and just go on superfuture, you'll be exposed too all kinds of wild things that some famous designer of not commonly worn clothes is trying to get people to wear. They could be OK, but you need a certain level of good taste to be able to pick out something that won't make you look weird.

wut

i don't know what to do

deep feeling of helplessness.

Lately I've been in this massive self depreciating almost self mutilating mode, not in any physical way (besides smoking mischief more than usual and drinking myself to a coma every night) but more in like a, make bad fucking decisions every day knowing that it could/will fuck my life up. Stay out Til 5 am when I have work at 6:30 am, talk to people I shouldn't talk to that bring up awful emotions, I haven't been saving any money, just blowing it all on visvim at US retail price, I just don't know how to get out of this funk, I'm think of pulling a dismalfuture and just moving somewhere ridiculous and trying to start over. Anyone in Paris or Tokyo want a room mate?

i'm living in my grandparents old apartment in zagreb right now studying croatian for the summer at the university here, i'm half croatian and my grandparents who have lived here for the last 10-15 years offered to pay for me to come. i've always known that they're shady people, my grandfather especially. my mom told me that she never knew where they got their money from. i just got a phone call from some old woman in new york (where they used to live), she was looking for my grandfather. apparently she was a family friend as she knew who my mother and father are. she said that she wanted to speak to my grandfather because he stole a lot of things from her, lots of valuable things. she said that they befriended her and that one day my grandfather broke open her suitcase and her trunk then fled with the stuff to new jersey (where they moved to from new york), and continued on with how they are both thieves and liars and she is planning on getting a lawyer involved now. i'm not really sure what to think, but this definitely confirms all my suspicions about my grandparents. and apparently they scammed other people as well. she said she tried to call where they live now and he just hung up on her. feeling really dejected right now, but i am glad to have heard some (hopefully) truth about my grandparents. i'm going to tell him that she called about getting her stuff back and she said she is going to get a lawyer involved. they always ask why i never call or anything, and it's because i always knew that they were bad people, among other things. i really hope i am not here on money from stolen goods

thanks, i'm not really sure how to approach it as this is about the middle of my stay here and i don't want to get in the middle of whatever happened and i don't really want to start anything with my grandparents as i have to see them fairly often here. but i still feel like i should bring up that the woman called, as she asked me to send her message along, just leave out that i know that they might very well be (serial) thieves and scam artists

edit: i was thinking about telling him something like "some woman called for you saying that she wants her stuff back and she threatened to get a lawyer involved. idunno what's that about, but i just thought you should be aware" i think just claiming as much ignorance as possible and trying to be nonchalant about the whole thing is the best idea.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks, i'm not really sure how to approach it as this is about the middle of my stay here and i don't want to get in the middle of whatever happened and i don't really want to start anything with my grandparents as i have to see them fairly often here. but i still feel like i should bring up that the woman called, as she asked me to send her message along, just leave out that i know that they might very well be (serial) thieves and scam artists

edit: i was thinking about telling him something like "some woman called for you saying that she wants her stuff back and she threatened to get a lawyer involved. idunno what's that about, but i just thought you should be aware" i think just claiming as much ignorance as possible and trying to be nonchalant about the whole thing is the best idea.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

I'd say that while you're staying in their house and being supported by them while you take your Croatian class, I wouldn't step on their toes. Letting him know about the woman in a light and non-judgmental context is fine as it at least gives him a heads up that someone called. But doing anything that might piss them off or indicates that you think they're shady people while dependent on them (financially and a place to stay) might end up screwing you over. Once you're done with your class and you've moved away, you can the reconsider cutting ties with them.

I've never met either of my grandfathers. My mom went back to Germany by herself a few years ago. She was in the mall with my aunt and they saw their dad and went to talk to him and he didn't acknowledge them. dude's a douche apparently.

Not sure about the other one, never really asked.

my granny and oma are dope though.

A lot of folks had a lot of nice things to say with regards to my confession (Sleeps with snowboard girl, science centre-related misery ensues), several indicating that I should be pursuing a career in writing.

Just wanted to say, thanks for the kind words. Maybe it'll come to fruition eventually, but until then I promise I'll continue to write overlong stories about my morally questionable escapades from days gone by.

So I didn't get any pussy this whole weekend. On day 8 of no jacking off too, feel so detached.

Listened to my friend and his fam talk about all kinds of shit while I just stared off.

My boss told me one thing when i was being hired. Turns out i am doing another. Now cause i was late two times for a grand total of five hours, he has decided to switch me from a salary position to a hourly rate. At a 40 hour work week this turns out to be just shy of a 20% pay cut.

I have been here a month and a half, and i want to quit. I dont mind having to do new things, to have everything he told me i WOULD do, turn out to be false. But now with the pay cut, i have zero interest in continuing here.

Part of me thinks i am 100% right in feeling this way. Another part of me feels like a whiny bitch for complaining about what is a decent low stress job.

I want to fucking scream and also, i dont really care.

What the fuck.

Did you sign anything that indicated you'd be salaried? If so he probably can't legally just fuck you like that.

If you're in a financial position to do so I'd just quit - I know enough people who have wondered when their paycheque was gonna come in, and it never did. Any company willing to fuck around like that sounds like bad news to me.

I am going to coast along and see what happens. i got my check and talked to his VP who love/hates him too... my future here is not what i thought it would be, so i will look for another job and make the most of the time i have left here. I have no job description or anything like that...

i just looked at the pay scale and i will be making the same amount if i come in at 9 everyday and then leave at 6... not so far off. just not the nice hours i was getting... plus side is that if i can get overtime if i have a busy week, which would be nice...

fucking sucker concept.

Lately I've been in this massive self depreciating almost self mutilating mode, not in any physical way (besides smoking mischief more than usual and drinking myself to a coma every night) but more in like a, make bad fucking decisions every day knowing that it could/will fuck my life up. Stay out Til 5 am when I have work at 6:30 am, talk to people I shouldn't talk to that bring up awful emotions, I haven't been saving any money, just blowing it all on visvim at US retail price, I just don't know how to get out of this funk, I'm think of pulling a dismalfuture and just moving somewhere ridiculous and trying to start over. Anyone in Paris or Tokyo want a room mate?

how does Prague sound to ya? :D

Budweiser costs like a dollar in here. Hookers aint too expensive either

not to sound like a dick, but you shouldn't be surprised that being late twice within the first month and a half of having a job is gonna have some repercussions. that's pretty harsh though.

I agree man, its super lame of me to have pulled it like i did... honest though, this is the first time i have to wake up at 9ish in 10 years, so i feel like i am doing ok... dude knew me from my last job and shoulda had a idea i was not a average 9-5'er, which i give peeps mad credit for being able to pull.

I just bitch a lot. those who follow my posts in confessional know... i just was caked up on the short hours and high pay, now i have to come in to work a hour early and space out to get to that same level... small price to pay based on life right now i suppose... still hoping the og job description kicks in soon...

Thanks for the feedback guys, you all rock the hizzle.

astrowolf i hope you get what you want man.

me... i found the perfect girl on a facebook suggestion, we like the same things, she's cute and all. turns out she goes to the school i wanted to attend when i wanted to quit studying economics altogether....... oh well i'm not meant to be a photograph in paris and probably wouldn't have passed the entrance tests. but still: n4d95478189030_medium.png

oh and i started drinking alone again. the fuck is wrong with me.

Fuck. I am drowning in work here. I have to write approximately 80-100 pages of a scientific review before Friday. I only have about 20 relevant pages from my PhD thesis, but my library of references is already assembled. Still, I don't know if this is actually possible... Kinda scared of what the consequences will be if it isn't done on time...

Id rather here that and you saying you want to find something thatll be rewarding for you rather than you getting on here and saying that you cant wait til you get your hands on that property.

It will come in due time bro.