superconfessional

Congratulations on 1 and 1/2 years of sobriety. That is a fantastic accomplishment!!

At my office we had a team brainstorm on ways to get employees of the firm to save money. The best these highly paid empty heads could come up with was sending everyone pink rubber piggy banks and putting a bunch of posters up. One of which said the following:

If your money is burning a hole in your pocket

It is not a new pair of pants that you need.

I actually spit up some of my coffee when I read it this morning.

shit, i quoted my own reply to a quote.

wow I caught up with some real old friends last night and i am 1/2 hour away from starting work...i am still toasted...was given a few lines of mdma last night and had a few hours sleep...i also drunk quite alot...whoa i am going to work have managed to shave and brushed my teeth don't know if i can even handle coffee..or food...

truth is it wasn't even worth it i danced to some reggae and soul auckland style...man i haven't ever typed this slowly in my life..

fuck i wish there was some way to be instantly straight....

wow I caught up with some real old friends last night and i am 1/2 hour away from starting work...i am still toasted...was given a few lines of mdma last night and had a few hours sleep...i also drunk quite alot...whoa i am going to work have managed to shave and brushed my teeth don't know if i can even handle coffee..or food...

truth is it wasn't even worth it i danced to some reggae and soul auckland style...man i haven't ever typed this slowly in my life..

fuck i wish there was some way to be instantly straight....

i know where youre at hap...

so I went upstate (ny) to go see my dog again... she had 6 seizures on Friday and I left work early to take a 2hour bus ride to go see her. No halloween parties for me. My dog has been upstate since the summer with my ex. My ex and I are still close and are bestfriends, we haven't dated in like 5 or so years but remained good friends. It tears me up inside that she has to bare the full grunt of things when it comes to taking care of our dying dog. We increased her seizure medicine and now our dog just wanders around all doped up. It's heartbreaking to see. & I finally wittnessed her having a seizure and I thought I was going to die when I saw her in that state... I slept like crap while up there because I had to wake up a million times to take care of her. I don't know how my ex manages all this responsiblity? Then on top of it I saw the girl who I just broke up with for the first time yesterday in a week. It went ok, and it was very comforting to see her and spend some time with her. But on the way home in the cab I freaked and didn't want to keep up the happy face bs attitude with her. Cause I'm hurting inside, and can't possibly be her friend at this point, it's too early? It's tough to go backwards in a relationship. So I'm faced with this cold reality of turning my back on this friendship and disappearing from her life. Is that selfish of me?

damn I'm a mess and struggling with all of this at once!

emaze

first of all, sorry to hear about your dog. I had to take care of my cousin's dog that had seizures every so often, it's a tough thing to go through. good luck with your situation.

As for the girl situation, im going through that right now. ive had to act all happy and as if nothing was wrong, but itll get you all heartbroken and sad soon enough. ive learned that if you still want to be friends, dont keep seeing each other like you normally do for some time. you need to kinda 'cool off' from each other. its a very hard thing to do, but it seems to be the only way. i wasnt sure what to do in my situation, but i ended up disappearing from her life. you end up confusing where to draw the line between friend and girlfriend, and, for me, it became too much to handle. I always had to go back to my 'usual self' around her (acting the way i always did) but keeping up the 'happy face bs attitude', like you said, really gets in the way of how you really feel inside.

kinda feel like dr.phil at this point...

in my case, she broke up with me, though she still liked me alot (i still dont understand what happened). now, i still cant act the way i used to around her/talk to her at all because the breakup came unexpectedly, and i still have a thing for her, making things all awkward.

this turned into my superconfessional...lol

Having sampled all but two strains of marijuana on my favorite coffeehouse menu, I have determined that I still like Laughing Buddha the best. A close second is OG Kush, while Buddha's Sister brings up the rear.

What's more ridiculous is that each different strain has done exactly what they describe. They don't stop at "makes you super high"...they know their stuff. "Body high with lazy feeling," "Picks you up and drops you down," "Makes for a clear feeling, with a slow sense of time;" all true. It's gonna be difficult going back to the "weed is weed" mentality in the states.

There's an education lesson for today. Now you know something you might not have. Drugs are bad.

1) I'm waiting on jeans and a bag to arrive in the mail, and I'm getting so impatient that i couldn't pay attention in class today. I mean, i know it's ok to get excited about stuff, but i feel like a materialist prick for getting so on about it.

2) My ex (i broke up with her) has started acting like a girlfriend towards me again and it's terrifying. Mostly because it's not the fun stuff. Like, she's not being playful and flirty. Instead she's crying for hours at my house and starting fights with me and stuff like that. She's a good person and all, but i'm getting to the end of my rope with playing therapist for her. That's why the relationship went sour in the first place. I'm trying to be nice and everything, because she's going through a tough time, but it's starting to really wear me down.

Any advice?

You know, #1 be flattered that you were the one she of in this way, it means she trusts you.

If it is no more than just a nuisance, I'd be a shoulder and just make it clear that you are just acting out of friendship, and nothing more, gals in that situation can easily think that you want more than you do.

If it is a big deal, and she's disrupting your life, sit with her and say something about how you want her to be happy and you want to support her emotionally, but it is becoming a big hassle to have to deal with all her problems when you have your own stuff to deal with, and that you hope she wont be offended if you ask for some breathing space. then start checking the caller id when the phone rings, and agree to see her less to make it clear. be sure to say this to her face, meet her in public so that she will be less tempted to pitch a fit, no where romantic, take her out to coffee and sit out front starbucks or something.

at least for you guys they are crying. My ex finds me when i'm at work or out with my current girlfriend just to talk to me. She also calls incessantly, makes plans with me without my knowledge and then complains to my girlfriend when i "don't show up", and is really overly flirtatious in front of my girlfriend. It's getting very, very, tiresome

^^^yeesh....that sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

yeah, i mean, i really do want to be friends with this girl, but it's tough to live my own life when she's acting like she is now. i'm ok being a shoulder to cry on, but sometimes i feel like more of an emotional punching bag.

and it's hard getting to know other girls with her around. she scared off a few by glaring at them when we went to a concert together (i know this because the girl i was flirting with told me about it). and she just kind of flips and throws little hissy fits or pouts when i do things to upset her (as in seeiing/talking to other girls).

basically it's coming down to this: i'm not sure i can realistically live my own life with her around constantly, but i want that to be able to help her out. it's conflicting wants on my part. I also (cynically) wonder if she acts this way to keep an emotional hold on me (she pulled that kind of stuff when we were together a couple times)

hmmm....well judging from that description, anyone got a read on what this girl's story is and what i should do about it?

You know, #1 be flattered that you were the one she of in this way, it means she trusts you.

If it is no more than just a nuisance, I'd be a shoulder and just make it clear that you are just acting out of friendship, and nothing more, gals in that situation can easily think that you want more than you do.

If it is a big deal, and she's disrupting your life, sit with her and say something about how you want her to be happy and you want to support her emotionally, but it is becoming a big hassle to have to deal with all her problems when you have your own stuff to deal with, and that you hope she wont be offended if you ask for some breathing space. then start checking the caller id when the phone rings, and agree to see her less to make it clear. be sure to say this to her face, meet her in public so that she will be less tempted to pitch a fit, no where romantic, take her out to coffee and sit out front starbucks or something.

if you were linked in the past the shoulder to cry on makes it that much harder to move on. for both of you, either way. the friends thing works .00001% of the time....for some reasons many boys and girls always think thats the normal adult thing to do. its not.