superconfessional

Thirding (fourthing? fifthteenthing?) on the depression, I've had it since before I can probably remember.

Was on and off a couple meds as a kid, but it ended up making me robotic and emotionless. I went to my grandfather's funeral during the height of my medication and couldn't even shed a tear and felt all iced up, it was an odd experience.

Decided to forego the meds when I went off to college and ended up replacing the prescrip and illegal drugs with alcohol and other things, and then even further down the line I decided to cut the drugs, leaving only alcohol, and probably had a more natural experience. I still have my up and down days but my grip on reality has become much better in recent years.

I really don't have anything to be sad about really, it's probably one of those habitual things from my childhood that has worn me down.

At this point, i have a few things to look forward to. I am getting a couple big bonuses from work in the next couple months in addition to my already ample salary, I am moving to a nicer neighborhood, to a nicer apartment and plan going all out on that very soon, and I have decided upon taking some more classes to raise my GPA in order to work towards my TBD second degree and also attend the world's largest women's college in the world come spring, so things are looking up for me and I just need to be patient. :D

second on the depression. weird thing is it kind of runs in our family. my brother and i had some periods of panic attacks/depression. the best thing is to be mentality tough for your mind to fight it. i use to take meds when i first started feelin it, then i decided to just go withought it and confront it same with my bro. so far lingering feelings still there on the back of my mind,but over time its under control. yeah depression, is no joke.

Thirding (fourthing? fifthteenthing?) on the depression, I've had it since before I can probably remember.

Was on and off a couple meds as a kid, but it ended up making me robotic and emotionless. I went to my grandfather's funeral during the height of my medication and couldn't even shed a tear and felt all iced up, it was an odd experience.

Decided to forego the meds when I went off to college and ended up replacing the prescrip and illegal drugs with alcohol and other things, and then even further down the line I decided to cut the drugs, leaving only alcohol, and probably had a more natural experience. I still have my up and down days but my grip on reality has become much better in recent years.

I really don't have anything to be sad about really, it's probably one of those habitual things from my childhood that has worn me down.

At this point, i have a few things to look forward to. I am getting a couple big bonuses from work in the next couple months in addition to my already ample salary, I am moving to a nicer neighborhood, to a nicer apartment and plan going all out on that very soon, and I have decided upon taking some more classes to raise my GPA in order to work towards my TBD second degree and also attend the world's largest women's college in the world come spring, so things are looking up for me and I just need to be patient. :D

im depressed.

ive been depressed for as long as i can remember. sometimes its not too bad... sometimes its unbearable.

i always feel alone. even when im out with friends i feel alone. the only time i dont is when im with my daughter.

i come to internet messege boards to try to feel a connection to people, and it helps. not enough tho...

i know i should see someone about it, but its hard to take the first step... i always seem to find an excuse why i dont.... im too busy, i work too much, i dont have the money/time/energy.

i have been there too. i think everyone has. but you add kids to mix, man, and it is especially hard. ive have my ups and downs and ive taken a.d.d. meds in the past but never for very long.

my girlfriend recently went on meds for a bit for depression. i have always toughed it out but sometimes i think you just need help to deal with it.. talking can help. i have friends and family that just sat and listened to me. i firmly believe its the minds way of "self cleaning".

but you have to talk about you're problems to someone who's receptive so therapy can really help. and sometimes you need help from meds to get back on track. depression can be really debilitating if you let it.

thats life. the good comes in equal measure with all the crap.

heres to better days for everyone.

wow... depression does seem to be a recurring theme...

confeesion... i was drunk last night and i called my friend down south... the one who rolled around naked with my jeans... and left her some messeges. i dont remember what i said, but she said they are her new treasures. i think i may have told her we should just get married... but im not sure

burn[/b]] this depression is haunting me, i can't break free and i cannot be me, i don't know what to do, because there's no escape, escape from your grasp, and you squeeze until i ooze from the cracks, but i come back, for more, this strange magnetism drawing me to your core, and i keep getting closer and closer AND CLOSER! close enough to realize the pain caused... it seems to me that i'm not to blame, see my tears they fall like rain, i'm drowning in a sea of emotions... i'm drowning
or something like that

its amazing how hardcore lyrics read like highschool literary mag drivel on paper

drunk dialing... recipe for disaster. drunk sms'ing is pretty disastrous too.. but at least the morning after you can see for yourself what you wrote in the sent folder!

well... i dont mind what i said... i dont know exactly what i said but im sure it was charming and probably a bit lewd... this girl... shes not the hottest or anything... but is more like wife material than a fun time... and shes definatly a fun time...

usually tho, id have to agree.

Depression is an awful thing. I cannot give advice on medicine or even ways to mitigate it. I can say one thing though. Society/Media/ Culture has given human beings the perception and the expectation that things are/should be perfect and happy all the time. Even our constitution gives us the inalienable right to it. Just remember to temper that with reality. Life, at least I believe, is never perfect and you should always temper you expectations with relality. I have dreams..some will come true and some will not. I have learned to deal with that, but it ain't always easy.

wow... depression does seem to be a recurring theme...

confeesion... i was drunk last night and i called my friend down south... the one who rolled around naked with my jeans... and left her some messeges. i dont remember what i said, but she said they are her new treasures. i think i may have told her we should just get married... but im not sure

I think I am a bad influence.

*note to self* no more telling people they should get married when inebriated

Depression is an awful thing. I cannot give advice on medicine or even ways to mitigate it. I can say one thing though. Society/Media/ Culture has given human beings the perception and the expectation that things are/should be perfect and happy all the time. Even our constitution gives us the inalienable right to it. Just remember to temper that with reality. Life, at least I believe, is never perfect and you should always temper you expectations with relality. I have dreams..some will come true and some will not. I have learned to deal with that, but it ain't always easy.

That's some big wisdom right there.

Also on a sidenote, I am leery of medicating depression, in mild cases it is actually pretty manageable through therapy, stress releiving techniques, and scheduling. If it's severe, (i.e. you brain chem levels are WAY outta whack) that's the only time Ithink it should be medicated.

and my confession, I'm eating cold fried chicken for breakfast, fuck diets.

yeah... i understand that...

i have to say that my depression is no where near what it has been in the past. now it seems manegable. a couple of years ago the smallest problem would throw me into a dark place... entertaining thoughts of killing myself... wondering what would happen if i suddenly turned my car into oncoming traffic... now i just feel down.

went to cognetive therapy for half a year and that combined with 1: eating and sleeping properly, 2: physical activity (ie working out etc), made me more stable and gave me better self esteem/less anxiety.

I rack 'a disciprine with the physical activity right now but I've decided to go back at it cause I'm starting to recognize some negative patterns.

the wear is still good though. "If the wear's good, it's all good" as the great jean ninja once said.

or something like that

its amazing how hardcore lyrics read like highschool literary mag drivel on paper

that's because hardcore lyrics are usually high school literary mag drivel. because

hardcore is typically made by lazy middle-class kids who are more concerned with being "core" than being "responsible human beings", thus screaming incessantly

about societal issues that they themselves contribute to.

...sorry, i really fucking hate hardcore.