Show us your leather

aleopold

^ Great evo mate, nice and natural (no pun intended.) :)

Sam. curved belt

Haha nice, belt looks exactly like my N&F thick belt. Same buckle, shape, holes, everything. I thought it was one till I checked the description.

? What~ ?

Different leagues dude - handled both, comparison akin to instant noodles and hand-pulled ramen, similar only on the most superficial levels.

Some quick snaps of my Angelos wallet. Don't really recall how long I've had it. Only care is some saddle soap once in a while and some Obenaufs for the burnishing every now and again.

R8TkDl.jpg

rQETwl.jpg

NIFdbl.jpg

0VVodl.jpg

Everytime i see your Dolce Vita cardcase Mike... I contemplate making myself an Elephant skin Bifold...

Cheers mate; it's not a Dolce Vita though, custom-made somewhere in California.

If you end up getting some elephant ear or trunk, do let me know :D ...going to retire these after the Roy x Cone contest.

is that the elephant skin and kangaroo skin on the edge? look nice mike!

Haha, good memory, yeah...it's a sueded hide which I dubbed and dyed.

^ The Dolce Vita long wallets with the elephant hide and braided edges are my dream wallet - the elephant hides they have are so much better than the various new/NOS hides that are available in the US...more supple, nicer handle, better cuts (trunk) and the elephant grain is more pleasing. Can't drop $700 on a wallet though, especially since I already have a braided elephant long wallet, ear-cut I think.

Mmmm, I can't tell exactly how thick it is, since the edges are double-looped. But NOS elephant hides from the US were mostly intended for footwear, IIRC, and sit at around 5 oz!?

This coin pouch and my long wallet feels to be around that weight.

The hand of elephant hides tends to be quite stiff (but does soften readily with wear), contrary to appearance. The grain is very solid and very abrasion proof.

But the Dolce Vita stuff is really, really amazing...the elephant hides they use have the same durability, but is a lot more "moist" and nice to touch. Very hard to describe, you gotta handle it and see it in person, breath-taking leather - not to mention the craftsmenship is dead-set spot-on. I owned a Dolce Vita belt-loop holder made with brown trunk leather once (now my bro's), and have not seen anything quite like it since.