Show us your leather

aleopold

I don't get the "water stain" antiquing. Is this a joke?

nvm that, they also come in plain sd leather, it's an interesting way to make a wallet though...

That folded stuff is nutty. Their production time/cost on those pieces is basically zero, all die cut in .5 sec.

It looks interesting though, I'd like to handle one in person sometime.

same here, it looks very interesting, I guess production time would be less then stitched pieces, maybe cost ain't very low since you need a big piece of leather for 1 wallet?

anyhow, it looks quite durable, no stitches that can break or layers that can come loose...

I figured some of u guys on here, might be inspired to make a version yourselfs.

If I didn't already have a new kamida-wallet on order, I might be tempted to get one of these in plain sd leather

That folded stuff is nutty. Their production time/cost on those pieces is basically zero, all die cut in .5 sec.

It looks interesting though, I'd like to handle one in person sometime.

That is partly true, but most people tend to forget to give credit to the originality of the design. A 1 piece folded construction like that is not exactly easy to come up with.

They sent me one of those last week, or something similar I guess, as a very gracious "thanks" for the japan bracelets I did. It's a very cool design for sure- the leather's nice, hardware's cool, and it's surprisingly thin all folded up. Feels really nice, like it would be a very comfortable wallet. This is mine in it's various folded stages:

6035339161_3a9c82856c_z.jpg

6035894996_9576c7577a_z.jpg

6035340869_f2ce4245c3_z.jpg

6035341501_f9efe2892d_z.jpg

yea I'd say it's a solid 4oz, really nice and soft though so it's thin like it's been worn in already. I'm not sure how much they retail for however, so I can't speak to the value much. I'd say if an established american brand put it out they'd be fine to charge $125-$165 for it and it would sell ok.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to be cross-posting this (I've only skimmed through a little of the thread), but I thought a few of you might be interested in some renovation work I did yesterday with leather dye on one of an old pair of shoes...

I decided yesterday to use up the rest of the leather dye that I had left over from the Cheaneys, and got to work one of an old pair of shoes...Wanted to see what I could do with combining the dye with layering cream and wax polish and a lot of conditioner.

This is the untouched shoe:

scaled.php?server=97&filename=dscf3167l.jpg&res=medium

And this, obviously, is the one that I worked on. Haven't done anything to the midsole, although would probably either make it very dark brown or black if I were to get to work on it:

scaled.php?server=705&filename=dscf3168k.jpg&res=medium

And together:

scaled.php?server=7&filename=dscf3172k.jpg&res=medium

I think I might need to get some different dyes and see what else is possible...

The dye is permanent, and the leather will age in the normal way, without chipping, cracking or washing off...

Yeah, I think that's only temporary and due to the amount of conditioning the leather received several times during the process. I had a shoe tree in for a lot of the time when doing it.

I only did one shoe because I was going to try something else on the other one in the future; now I kinda wish I'd done both together...

yea I'd say it's a solid 4oz, really nice and soft though so it's thin like it's been worn in already. I'm not sure how much they retail for however, so I can't speak to the value much. I'd say if an established american brand put it out they'd be fine to charge $125-$165 for it and it would sell ok.

thanks for the info eric, that's real cool that they send u one, didn't know u had connections with RM :)

it does indeed look like a real comfortable wallet, might have to buy me one in the future just for the hell of it... I think they are about 26000yen on rakuten for the normal sd versions

madstaxbro

thank you for sharing the products.

to be honest, i really want to share maybe in some kind of Leathercrafting: PYC thread or in here, but superfuture policy is quite tight, I can get a warning :(

leyori

that's definitely an option...will check that section more often. the thing is, it's hard to maintain it because the numbers of thread. people might have just missed the thread :D

anyway, almost a dozen of products have been shipped overseas with the help of online media like selectism and superfuture.