How do you store your collection?

john11f

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you're set for many many years :P

yes, like many people here. i'm going to try to take it one denim at a time.

digi, i just happened to put the ones in the rotation on the left side. but other than that, there's really no particular order in my head. i just like being able to check out my denims all the time. and they seem to be getting enough air to keep the stank low, too.

Wow I did not know Blueway and Seal Kay and Mason's are part of the same company .

I love the last two , I bet blueway would tickle my fancy also .

What are some of the plus points of the blueway Chicken ? How much were they

What are some of the plus points of the blueway Chicken ? How much were they

Plus points? How about reduced price? It was ¥6,900 (just a little more than Uniqlo+ Shuttle Denim) when it's normally ¥11,000.

I actually don't know much about the company. But from the little I know, it was one of the earlier jeans manufacturer in Japan. They were using Cone Mills denim in the 60s when all the other Japanese denim companies were using domestic denims.

It was kind of an impulse buy. Thought it might be a good pair to experiment on.

http://www.g-a-r-d-e-n.com/onlineshop/view-a1-137.html

leather patch, donut buttons, unwashed 15oz selvage denim, hidden rivets. The cut is fairly loose. I don't think I'll get around to them any time soon, though.

chicken, that is a truly amazing collection----all that premium denim hanging over one's head must be daunting. like having 10 jigsaw puzzles scattered on your kitchen table. or like unraveling a cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...

ddml, it truly is an addiction as you would know. i have no idea how much longer the sda can stay dry.

speaking of puzzles, these feel more like sudokus than jigsaws to me. very addicting and once i'm into it, i have no idea why i even started it in the first place.

• 9 months later...

i recently aquired a mayan burial ground and unearthed several tombs of which i have installed several high capacity dehumidifiers and this is where i store my collection. oh they are also currently being gaurded by two 13 year old mexican guerillas, deep in the jungle.

this is how i hang them:

collection8-6-06.jpg

what about using this storing method as curtains. also you're jeans would be visible to anyone from outside through the window, great way to brag about your collection... but I wonder, will the sun mess up the indigo?

Datasupa your denim congo line kills me, it looks so funny I really like it.

I keep some of my collection on the floor, some from hooks on the back of my door, some hung in the closet, some folded in the closet some on my wife wtc....

Even though I have this thing, Only when they are drying do I use it-most of the time they are chucked on the floor where I took them off. If I had a big enough room/celing/budget, i'd love to have lots of these hanging from the celing...but on second thoughts thank fuck I don't :eek:

sam1.jpg

sam2.jpg

sam3.jpg

what about using this storing method as curtains. also you're jeans would be visible to anyone from outside through the window, great way to brag about your collection... but I wonder, will the sun mess up the indigo?

yes.

like what happens to old cars.