Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

it's tough to take your opinion as the word simply because you are so new to everything. i'm not questioning the quality of flathead stuff, but I don't know if you are the most qualified to be judging this leather or that leather. Seemingly, I'm not qualified either, but i've handled the redmoon and wildswans so i have a basis for my own opinions. granted i've never handled the flathead leathers, but nothing so far about the flathead stuff (jeans or leather) has jumped out at me.

your wallet looks overtanned or overoiled for only 3 weeks.

but form what the owner told me ( im sure hes qualitfied cause he's wearing leather all over except the jeans) yeah im not sure but can anyone here care to clear up the facts?

I'm sorry, I'm a little late on that (don't read this topic too often), but why did you end getting a Red Moon wallet then? Was it a question of price (knowing you, I doubt it :)), or just the general design that was more appealing in the Red Moon?

err the mission was to get the redmoon long wallet i stuck with the mission.. but saw the fh's which that time they only had those plain mid size ones.. not the ones like sidney has.. so there but if they had the fh's thata time the same as sidney has i would have bought it too in a heartbeat..

I don't have any pictures to contribute but I thought I could ask a question here. I just bought some leather shoes and I know nothing about taking care of it. It has already wrinkled a bit and that's fine with me but I don't want it to wrinkle even more and destroy my shoes :(. I bought shoe trees for it but that's basically it.

I'm planning on buying a Flat Head mid-length wallet, sometime in the future. But, going to get the plain one, can't afford SE's version... lol if I could, I would go for shell cordovan wallet. The Red Moon HR-01 shel cordovan... mmm But, I like the leather chain Kiya designed though. So, I'm going to get that as well.

Isn't that guy Benny from Take5, lol.

And, I think Red Moon, Last Crops > Wild Swans (proven by goodleather), Flat Head are all very good quality, it just depends what kind of style you want.

Just for the record, if there's anybody that knows leather it's Benny from Take5 (the man pictured in Edmond's photo)..

Hanging out with him multiple times he's schooled me on everything i know about leather, and japanese leather craft in particular. He's a wealth of knowledge.

Both of us agree that the Flat Head wallets are made of better quality leathers and threads than RM/LC/WS... The price also tends to reflect that depending on which model you're looking at, but at the end of the day, you're only spending about $50 to $140 more, which isn't much considering what you're buying.

@edmond: SE had restocked with the tan mid-length (sydney's) yesterday. they had two left but sold out today... they still have the black one though.

i had my mind set on teh tan one as well, but i think i prefer the black one now... i would love to know when the leather chains restock though...

We'll know next week the exact date of which we'll be getting in more of the tan ones and the leather braided chain..

I'm planning on buying a Flat Head mid-length wallet, sometime in the future. But, going to get the plain one, can't afford SE's version... lol if I could, I would go for shell cordovan wallet. The Red Moon HR-01 shel cordovan... mmm But, I like the leather chain Kiya designed though. So, I'm going to get that as well.

Isn't that guy Benny from Take5, lol.

And, I think Red Moon, Last Crops > Wild Swans (proven by goodleather), Flat Head are all very good quality, it just depends what kind of style you want.

If I was going to drop 400+ on a wallet, a cordovan Red Moon would be at the top of my list.