Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

could you make me 2 of those? how much mate?

sorry ed, not yet man.

here's a bit of an update. first, I tanned the wallet a little bit, then treated it with neatsfoot oil, then tanned it for about 4 hours today. This leather seems to be good quality, as it tanned really nice and is starting to look really good.

1464669903_eaf6eea520.jpg

I got some new snaps in the mail, and I was sick so I didnt want to do much today, so I decided to make another while watching the Law and Order marathon. Here's the newest addition:

1464669909_985ac50127.jpg

inside pocket detail:

1464669913_158826ef68.jpg

and the 2 together, just to show the nice color of the first one:

1464669897_d2443dd1fb.jpg

thanks for all the compliments guys, long wallet is in the works next!

wow, that is pretty awesome! so the production time on those is pretty quick eh?

it's not bad, i started around 2:30 and was done by 6:30. These are pretty simple though, and there's really nothing special to them once you figure out the pattern. I think something with a zipper, decorative stuff or other pocket configurations would take longer. i was more worried about stitching with this one, and it is improving as i practice.

it's not bad, i started around 2:30 and was done by 6:30. These are pretty simple though, and there's really nothing special to them once you figure out the pattern. I think something with a zipper, decorative stuff or other pocket configurations would take longer. i was more worried about stitching with this one, and it is improving as i practice.

Snap on the new one looks great.

It would be fantastic if you burnished the leather edges. It would really give them an excellent finishing touch and help seal/protect them. Get some 'Gum Tragacanth' (there are some other products that work as well), dab it on the edges, then polish with smooth hardwood, rounded steel, deer antler, or something of the sort.

It would be fantastic if you burnished the leather edges. It would really give them an excellent finishing touch and help seal/protect them. Get some 'Gum Tragacanth' (there are some other products that work as well), dab it on the edges, then polish with smooth hardwood, rounded steel, deer antler, or something of the sort.

I just put in a big order for supplies, so i got some of this, thanks for the tip. I also ordered some oxblood stain, maybe to do some detail work, more leather and some hand tools i wish i had earlier. I love how i've made 2 wallets and outfitted myself with all the tools and materials i need for about $150, which isnt even half the long wallet i was saving up for :D

ed- you'll be my first customer man, but after seeing that rm i'm gonna have to up my standards a bit for you to be happy with whatever i could make. nice piece there, it looks lovely

on the other hand, anyone know how to braid leather for long wallet chains?

hey corter.. you dont have to man i love it just the way it is and just the way you make em man... maybe i would suggest thicker threads? but man cant wait to have mine!

I just put in a big order for supplies, so i got some of this, thanks for the tip. I also ordered some oxblood stain, maybe to do some detail work, more leather and some hand tools i wish i had earlier. I love how i've made 2 wallets and outfitted myself with all the tools and materials i need for about $150, which isnt even half the long wallet i was saving up for :D

Where are you ordering from and what are you ordering? Leather? If your not ordering your leather where do you get it from, I have tried to find supplies where I live but no luck. Did you take instructions from any outside source, for the wallet, how did you know the techniques needed?

Thanks

ok here goes a lot of you want to have those rm key hook maybe i could organize a group buy and maybe settle a good price with take5 on these whos willing? need to know numbers before i go to ask benny fro a group buy price..

Corter you're the man. Those wallets are looking very nice :) If you do decide to start making them the i would love to hear a price. I think you should give one a go without the pocket destroying buckle though. Maybe a slim style. That is what im interested in getting, but yeh i havent found a style yet that i like.

also edmond your rm looks briliant :D

ok here goes a lot of you want to have those rm key hook maybe i could organize a group buy and maybe settle a good price with take5 on these whos willing? need to know numbers before i go to ask benny fro a group buy price..

i'm very very down for this. that key chain is sick.