what were you wearing 10 years ago?

greentea

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1996? I was in the middle of my undergrad degree and working at Diesel in London, so:

Patrick Cox Wannabes

Diesel Diesel and more Diesel

Thomas Pink shirts

French Connection knitwear

Paul Smith

Stussy

POGS!!!! Those were so big when I was like 10 or 11, I cant believe you are just 2 years older than me, I had you pegged for almost thirty....

Ha hah. 30? Gee thanks.......where did you get that idea?

me......loser....messageboard.....ok, I get it now.

Ha hah. 30? Gee thanks.......where did you get that idea?

me......loser....messageboard.....ok, I get it now.

actually I got it from the fact that you are married. I dont know why, I just assumed cause you were married that you were older.

usually a pair of 50's or 60's 501 levis (sold all these about 5 years ago when i moved out west...miss all my true vintage jeans but i needed the money)

my favorite shirt was a real Negative Approach shirt I got from a member of the band who had a stack of them sitting in his basement for 20years...wore it to rags and usually a pair of all black chuck taylors. ahhhhh...the mid 90's...going to see shitty hardcore band after shitty hardcore band.

Guest doubletap

skate/surfing gear( too many brands to name ), af1, polo, nautica, chaps, Tommy Hillfiger denim, wu-wear, camo fatigues, DC, shaolin, fuct, first down jackets, etc.

everything was XL and baggy as hell.

you weren't shit unless you had at least three no fear shirts.

it must be different on the west coast, cause in the east No Fear was queer gear.

10 years ago i was 10.

all i wore was a blue yankees crew sweatshirt and these bright green sweatpants. with an inch of sock showing. and some nike flights.

i probably didn't wear jeans until 8th grade wow.

edit* we should try to get pics up. ima look for my old school field trip pics where i remember that outfit from.

Haha, thats funny cause I saw some company shelling out Hypercolour inspired tees for about 100 bucks a pop at Holt's a few months ago. didn't sell though...

are you serious, greentea? hypercolor, cross colours, and BK's were more like 15 years ago, weren't they? i remember them being big in the early 90s.

btw, does anyone have any vintage hypercolor tees? i think they would be the shit right about now!

it was 96...

tommy hilfiger...polo...nautica...bubble vests...khakis with a crease...rugby shirts...adidas...nikes

yup same here. majority of it was polo. i also had some ben davis pants that my cousin used to wear when he was in high school back in the 70's. i had like 7 different colors. wish i still had them. damn i was 20 yrs old in 96!

Tommy Hilfiger/Polo/Nautica

Wild colored Guess jean shorts

Starter jackets in the winter

Flannel shirts

Nikes/Jordans

Anyone remember those t-shirts with Bugs Bunny and the Tazmanian Devil dressed in Kriss Kross style gear? I used to rock that shit hard hahaha

1996. damn. i had a pair of dark blue rustlers, a blue "Hechinger hardware" t-shirt that was silkscreened with "promise ring" on the back from the band before they had a full length and got all shitey, and a pair of fayva olympian sneakers that i miss dearly for being the most comfortable sneakers i've ever owned even if they disintegrated pretty quickly. oh, and ray bans. and lots of thrifted clothes, polyester shirts and pleather.