what were you wearing 10 years ago?

greentea

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have been fifteen!

so it was a rather dapper burberry harrington jacket, check shirts (ben sherman and the like,

retro adidas trackie top, some Simple skate shoes (which got eaten by a mates dog!, puma states, chain wallet, does any one remember Dope clothes (i think they may have been from brighton? and Bop Hope? i had a wicked bob hope tee, i wore that to its death! haha,,,,and a nice hoodie with DOPE on it, used to piss me mates mums off no end:P

or AWOL (London DnB club) bomber jacket, with Ralp lauren shirts! and YSL sweaters/polos...and of course reenok classics! ,,haha what a pikey :P

At nine i had more style in my pinky then i do now.

Blazers Starter Jacket for the winter

Patagonia Fleece in wild color schemes for the fall and spring

Large t-shirts that went down close to the knees

Soccer or basketball shorts, preferably nike or adidas

Soccer Socks pulled up close to the knee

Sambas

Never wore jeans. Nothing ever fit. I looked like a million bucks.

this spans more than 10 years,but check it.

genera hypercolor T-shirt - points if you guys know this hahaha

green cross colour shorts!!! haha

vans laced up

british knights bk shoes

eleses shoes - now thats old school,might take it out of the shed sometime haha

silver tab loose jeans

i was 9 ten years ago

i remember when i was younger the different logos of nike would be popular each season, be it a swoosh, nike and swoosh, nike in bold letters

you had to have the nike nylon soccer shorts

i wore alot of nike tshirts and a nike golf hat everyday

shoes, blashpamy, i wore sambas

there was also a point when i switched over to skate shit

jncos! and skate/surf brand tshirts. quicksilver, rusty, i had some local skate brand ts, etc etc

I also used to love wearing khaki shorts, and those short sleeve button up bowling/50s shirts, with the two stripes on either breast with some sort of diamond pattern

shoes, i wore alot of skate shoes, i had sals, a pair of black emericas, and a pair of green danny way II dcs

are you serious, greentea? hypercolor, cross colours, and BK's were more like 15 years ago, weren't they? i remember them being big in the early 90s.

btw, does anyone have any vintage hypercolor tees? i think they would be the shit right about now!

i was acutally scowering ebay for an o.g, they did but it doesnt have the color changin effect anymore. i guess the chemicals in the shirt faded out. come to think of it, iw onder if it was safe shirt to wear back then lol.

i was acutally scowering ebay for an o.g, they did but it doesnt have the color changin effect anymore. i guess the chemicals in the shirt faded out. come to think of it, iw onder if it was safe shirt to wear back then lol.

that sucks. i bet hypercolor could be huge in streetwear now.

That's exactly the problem. The chemicals stopped working. I've seen a couple on teh bay over the last few months that were vacuum sealed and claimed to still be fully functional. One went for almost 200 bones!!

I was 17...and wore on a daily basis:

long bleached out hair

Bottoms:

Levis blue work pants (black tab) (not denim, but so nice and soft..they need to re-issue)

Old orange tab Levis (made a killing selling most of my vintage Levis in 2001..i had no idea they were worth anything back then)

Tops:

Band shirts (until they were practically vapor)

Skate brand shirts

Plain white shirts (same size as i wear now...fit bigger then obviously)

Shoes:

Navy blue Converse One-Stars..eventually the soles were held by ductape

Old beat down brown suede Clark's Wallabee's...a giant hole formed by my big toe

DC Danny Way signature model for primary skate shoe..his first shoe i believe

...so...basically..nothing's really changed :P

Haha... tens years ago... I was a freshman in high school. I was a bit quieter and shyer back then but had similar tastes as I do now. Thinking back on yourself has you bracing for the worst but after thinking about it I wasn't too bad of a dresser back then.

I think around this time I was wearing original black Dr. Martens 1460's, lots of Levi's orange tab 505's (I really liked those overdyed black jeans for some reason, still like them now), wool jumpers, i had a thing for those striped t-shirts (which I should call my mother and see if I still have, they'd be nice today) I had one of those Levi's corduroy jackets in black, etc.

No Fear, No Rules (the Mervyn's version), Topp Dawg, Bad Boy, High Sierra jeans, pogs in pocket......awww yeah. I was 12.....wish I had some of that shit now.

POGS!!!! Those were so big when I was like 10 or 11, I cant believe you are just 2 years older than me, I had you pegged for almost thirty....

I cant remember 10 years ago, but when i was in middle school (like 8 years ago) I started buying my own stuff. Heres what I was into at the time:

Looooooong ass hair. People kept telling me what a pretty girl i was.

Some random mexican carpet looking green wool button up hoody.

Size M random logo tshirts (nike, surfbrands, hard rock cafe) even though i was an xs.

Hanes boxerbriefs

JNCO Jeans (no honeycombs, but some grass stains!)

Webbed belt

Lugs shoes

chain wallet with an alien on it, haha.

Haha, how embarassing....

I cant remember 10 years ago, but when i was in middle school (like 8 years ago) I started buying my own stuff. Heres what I was into at the time:

Some random mexican carpet looking green wool button up hoody.

is this the pancho? lol man everybody had those in my high school

are you serious, greentea? hypercolor, cross colours, and BK's were more like 15 years ago, weren't they? i remember them being big in the early 90s.

btw, does anyone have any vintage hypercolor tees? i think they would be the shit right about now!

I had one that I sold on Ebay not too long ago. Got like $30 for it I think.