worst (sufu) waywt fits

So you look at that photo of yourself and it doesn't look awkward to you? Guess it must be nice....

What is it about australia that makes a lot of the small startup brands/designers there want to do a ton of unoriginal black drapey stuff with head stuff trying to look like julius?

you may not have the right idea about julius chronoaug.

the influences are likely to be way closer to home than that for the australian designers. given that nz has a long history of layered drapey clothing and black is the national colour for sports teams.

check out the history of nom*d in particular. as for the popularization of the draped black style in magazines and therefore out into the wider public Alastair McKimm the irish stylist who has been a long time collaborator with nom*d can be given at least some of the credit.

all of the new zealand cities and from what i know melbourne in australia have always had at least some of that look. the antwerp 6, and the japanese deconstructionist shows in paris in the 80s made a big impact on the industry at home.

it is not uncommon to see stylish older women decked out in layers of comme, mmm, ann d, as well as local designers nom*d, zambesi, or helen talbot.

even closer to home for the aussies and a huge influence on the style for everyone from dior homme to julius, in fact anyone who has used some of the more masculine element of the style that is refferred to online now as goth ninja is to work of

norma moriceau

the influences are likely to be way closer to home than that for the australian designers. given that nz has a long history of layered drapey clothing and black is the national colour for sports teams.

check out the history of nom*d in particular. as for the popularization of the draped black style in magazines and therefore out into the wider public Alastair McKimm the irish stylist who has been a long time collaborator with nom*d can be given at least some of the credit.

all of the new zealand cities and from what i know melbourne in australia have always had at least some of that look. the antwerp 6, and the japanese deconstructionist shows in paris in the 80s made a big impact on the industry at home.

it is not uncommon to see stylish older women decked out in layers of comme, mmm, ann d, as well as local designers nom*d, zambesi, or helen talbot.

Dropping knowledge, damn

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to haptronic again.

I don't think anyone would've put this in worst except that the only other candidate nowadays is Jean-Pierre. And nobody really minds him.

This guy is just my favorite, if only because I hope that one day I'll walk by him on the street and just freak him out yelling, "I'VE SEEN YOU ON THE INTERNET"

(Which coincidentally, is what I did to haptronic and that tall black dude at self-edge one day)

i'll be in jean pierre's city for a couple of days in late july. i really hope i'll walk across him so i can say his name behind him with a creepy witchy voice. "jeannnn pièèèère"

worked with this du...was cool...was wearing rick sneakers. cool cool.

headcoat stop being an arrogant fuck. Why don't show us a pic of what you wear you douche bag. TBH the pants that TTT are wearing are cool and his RO boots are sweet. So I dunno what you're on about headcoat....

Guest Jean-pierre MATTEI
i'll be in jean pierre's city for a couple of days in late july. i really hope i'll walk across him so i can say his name behind him with a creepy witchy voice. "jeannnn pièèèère"

9478814651.jpg

......And i 'll say a very very friendly ........................................MIIIAAAOUUU ! (Sir FreeCat !)

Magical day to all,

=Jean-Pierre=

___________________________________:):):)

Guest jmatsu
why did jean piere got banned? all he did was look funny and spread love??

(btw if u look at his last outfit: if someone like worm would wear that without the mask and shit everybody would like it.)

maybe if mrip wore it then maybe so...

006-Copie.jpg

To a certain extent, sure, but it's hard to think that they're not really just imitating more recent international designers when relatively prominent stores have stuff like this on their site:

Garments are sourced based on current international aesthetic, through brands such as Rick Owens, Anne Demeulemeester, Number (N)ine, Viridi Anne, Jullius, Damir Doma, Odyn Vovk, etc.

Our boutique service is catered through studying and selecting pieces which work with each other for a price that won't break the bank without sacrificing highly detailed and quality garments. With a worldly and mature understanding of fashion our clients know what they want.

Nom*d obviously seems to be something different but what about Chronicles of Never and especially Claude Maus? Aside from just generally being sort of bad they're both blatantly ripping off the aforementioned designers, I would say, at least half of the time.

I could be wrong but I wouldn't be so quick to give many of those guys all that much credit.

the quote does make it look like that one online store does not have much imagination when it comes to marketing the designers that it stocks.

as a counterpoint here is a store that respects the designers it sells

http://www.generalcucumber.com/

personally i like chronicles of never, and when looking at the garments the details are something distinctly australasian, one example being the lace up front of the dropped crotch shorts borrowed straight from vintage rugby league jerseys to begin with.

claude maus i cannot vouch for, although i have owned a pair of trousers his earlier work was too different to think that he wasn't taken along in the seas of change that were responsible for taken even the darlings of the internet designers to the place they are at now.

i am absolutely certain that nom*D had an influence on anyone from australisia who is into darker looks, given that they have been around for 20 years and consistent in pursuing their vision, given that at various times they have shown in london, paris and new york and have been the fashion world's best keep secret for at least 10 years, the chances are that some of the designers that we credit with the goth ninja look could very well have been influenced by them.

• 2 weeks later...