worst (sufu) waywt fits

1. no i am not. your comment shows how little you know and that you are grasping at mod penis.

2. okay, just why is julius and atttachment "cooler" than the shit that milspex likes?

3. you are now red.

Huh? Do I get some kind of special favors if I grasp at mod penis? I just don't like you. Instead of stating something as fact why not qualify your baseless 'no you're wrong' statement. If I'm wrong then Lowrey literally mean 15 years ago, are you really prepared to say that?

And who said anything about 'cooler'? Milspex can wear what he wants and Europeans can wear what they want, you're the one who was trying to make some kind of statement about the brands Lowrey wears.

Huh? Do I get some kind of special favors if I grasp at mod penis? I just don't like you. Instead of stating something as fact why not qualify your baseless 'no you're wrong' statement. If I'm wrong then Lowrey literally mean 15 years ago, are you really prepared to say that?

And who said anything about 'cooler'? Milspex can wear what he wants and Europeans can wear what they want, you're the one who was trying to make some kind of statement about the brands Lowrey wears.

if you grasp at mod-cock? depends on which mod and their moods.

about the ura-hara/harajuku timeline, my shit wasn't baseless. it was accurate. most nonjapanese cannot pinpoint the ura-hara/harajuku timelines so they tend to make random assumptions.

guy implies by his statement and by wearing certain current japbrands and by the context of conversation that that shit is "cooler."

anyway pls let me know in your opinion why "julius" and "attachment" is cool, liberally assuming that you know anything about the brands..

i like how i can't even read his responses unless they appear in quotes, but i can still tell exactly what jmatsu is saying.

we get it already, you put him on ignore. you're so much the better man. now shut the fuck up about it.

yeah, i think the difference here is the fact that mike dresses in jap brands that mesh well with everything else he's wearing that isn't japanese...he's incorporating individual pieces to create an individual style...wheras milspex is wearing a fucking costume of what harajuku kids in japan dressed like in the 90s, which is about as relevent stylistically as jmatsu's arguments are logical.

(maybe thinking white stripes vs. wolfmother would help)

i dont know whats more a costume, a white guy decked out in 90's influenced jap-streetwear, or some canadian guy wearing a big box for a coat with gold skytops. ... ?

i dont know whats more costume-ish, a guy decked out in 90's influenced jap-streetwear, or some canadian guy wearing a big box for a coat with gold skytops. ... ?

totally agree.

putting the previous shit aside, milspex's wardrobe/collection/appearance destroys that of clopek's. many people might not be fans opf or interested in ura-hara street (myself included), but they should respect it. i do think that most can agree that clopek can't dress for shit. i just don't see how the "shit-stain of sufu" even get's the nerve to attempt his type of petty/blanket slander (to milspex, myself or almost anyone else). it's like a cockroach attempting to cross the path of a god.

yeah, i think the difference here is the fact that mike dresses in jap brands that mesh well with everything else he's wearing that isn't japanese...he's incorporating individual pieces to create an individual style...wheras milspex is wearing a fucking costume of what harajuku kids in japan dressed like in the 90s, which is about as relevent stylistically as jmatsu's arguments are logical.

(maybe thinking white stripes vs. wolfmother would help)

You're missing the point entirely.

Style isn't about what's relevant or fashionable by today's standards, it's about understanding what you want to achieve and then doing it, and Milspex does exactly that.

If someone was repping early 80s new wave style with the authentic labels like Lewis Leathers or 70s mod/skinhead with the same principles noone would dump on them for being 'out of date' and 'needing to grow up'.

End of the day, you can't shit on someone for doing exactly what they want to do and wholeheartedly standing by it. You could dump on Milspex for attacking 'homo jeans' etc, but his behaviour doesn't invalidate his style.

i dont know whats more a costume, a white guy decked out in 90's influenced jap-streetwear, or some canadian guy wearing a big box for a coat with gold skytops. ... ?

Style isn't about what's relevant or fashionable by today's standards, it's about understanding what you want to achieve and then doing it, and Milspex does exactly that.

first, there's a difference between playing dress up and trying something new. I tried something different for myself, and it may not have worked, and that's fine. it's how we progress. and i'm really kinda getting over this argument that because he spends all of his fucking money on one look and it's a look he loves and believes in that it makes it okay, because it doesn't, it just means he puts tonnes of effort into looking like a dick. . . if i wore authentic austronaut or pirate clothes on the street, it wouldn't be a "Style" it would be a fucking costume because i am not an astronaut or pirate. just like spex isn't a 90s harajuku kid, he's a douchey 30 year old white kid with a napoleon complex.

no hate on either of you two, but behaviour can invalidate one's efforts in other departments.

edit: the "white stripes vs. wolfmother" was an analogy i used to try and prove this point, where there's a differrence between taking cues from different cultures or movements past, and just trying to be a copy of something else. the white stripes took cues from old rock and blues, and wollfmother just tried to be led zeppelin.

Guest Pettibon
please, elaborate.

what about using multiple accounts on an internet forum, cool or uncool?

you really are as dumb as matsu says, aren't you? do you really like the clothes you buy?

if you grasp at mod-cock? depends on which mod and their moods.

about the ura-hara/harajuku timeline, my shit wasn't baseless. it was accurate. most nonjapanese cannot pinpoint the ura-hara/harajuku timelines so they tend to make random assumptions.

guy implies by his statement and by wearing certain current japbrands and by the context of conversation that that shit is "cooler."

anyway pls let me know in your opinion why "julius" and "attachment" is cool, liberally assuming that you know anything about the brands..

The way I saw it Lowrey just said that the look Milspex has is dated and he doesn't agree with Mil's definition of 'cool.'

Isn't Milspex like, what? 30 or something? Maybe he means rather than pinpointing streetwear brand's birthdates that instead he meant the look Mil has lends itself to a younger demographic (this issue has been brought up before regarding Milspex' age, usually very mockingly).

I don't have an opinion on brands like Julius or Attachment; they exist, some of their items appeal to me and some don't. Simple.

first, there's a difference between playing dress up and trying something new. I tried something different for myself, and it may not have worked, and that's fine. it's how we progress. and i'm really kinda getting over this argument that because he spends all of his fucking money on one look and it's a look he loves and believes in that it makes it okay, because it doesn't, it just means he puts tonnes of effort into looking like a dick. . . if i wore authentic austronaut or pirate clothes on the street, it wouldn't be a "Style" it would be a fucking costume because i am not an astronaut or pirate. just like spex isn't a 90s harajuku kid, he's a douchey 30 year old white kid with a napoleon complex.

no hate on either of you two, but behaviour can invalidate one's efforts in other departments.

the thing is, is that you've never even been able to have one solitary (even) mediocre fit. you always look like crap. "it's how we progress?" nigga fuck off with this weak-ass blanket/universal statement that practically any slob could come up with.

oh clopek is getting "over this argument." why don't you use the ignore function then comment about it. nigga, you ain't using it (you front like you do, or use it as an excuse when you find it convenient or in your favor), it's just your way of fleeing a debate.

the thing about harajuku streetwear is that it was influenced by american culture. it's very foundation/fabric stems from it. so you don't gotta be a harajuku japanese kid to like/wear it, just as you do not have to be a limey living in nyc to fuck with supreme.

this makes your stupid pirate/astronaut argument totally irrelavent.

stop hating on shit you don't understand. that is not proper hate. that is ignorant-hate.

anyway that nigga milspex looks way better than your corny ass.

the thing is, is that you've never even been able to have one solitary (even) mediocre fit. you always look like crap. "it's how we progress?" nigga fuck off with this weak-ass blanket/universal statement that practically any slob could come up with.

oh clopek is getting "over this argument." why don't you use the ignore function then comment about it. nigga, you ain't using it (you front like you do, or use it as an excuse when you find it convenient or in your favor), it's just your way of fleeing a debate.

the thing about harajuku streetwear is that it was influenced by american culture. it's very foundation/fabric stems from it. so you don't gotta be a harajuku japanese kid to like/wear it, just as you do not have to be a limey living in nyc to fuck with supreme.

this makes your stupid pirate/astronaut argument totally irrelavent.

stop hating on shit you don't understand. that is not proper hate. that is ignorant-hate.

anyway that nigga milspex looks way better than your corny ass.

quoting this so clopek can read it

First up, fashion by it's very definition is costume.

As to your astronaut analogy, you presumably deliberately chose an example of a completely utilitarian and socially defined 'unfashionable' style to back up your argument. On the other hand, if you'd said 'cowboy' or 'miner' it would have fallen flat on it's face without anyone even replying.

Out of interest, what previous styles and current movements do you like to blend to be your 'White Stripes' to Milspex's 'Wolfmother'?

The way I saw it Lowrey just said that the look Milspex has is dated and he doesn't agree with Mil's definition of 'cool.'

Isn't Milspex like, what? 30 or something? Maybe he means rather than pinpointing streetwear brand's birthdates that instead he meant the look Mil has lends itself to a younger demographic (this issue has been brought up before regarding Milspex' age, usually very mockingly).

I don't have an opinion on brands like Julius or Attachment; they exist, some of their items appeal to me and some don't. Simple.

okay i get you, but borrowing the logic of double d, why doesn't lowery also make snide commentary againt heritage clothing or amerikaji? or other "revival" fashion of ceratin older subcultures? is he just personally biased against milspex or does he truly believe that ura-hara street is dated?

does lowery (or yourself) think ura-hara street lends itself to a younger demographic? the age range spectrum of urahara and streetwear was/is vast. shit is pretty dead in tokyo, but there are still purveyors of urahara streetwear. in urahara and out.

you don't have an opinion on julius or attachment? didn't you say some shit like "plenty cool?"

What I meant by plenty cool is I really don't give a shit what other people wear. Geographic location (person) and point of origin (garment) doesn't really matter to me either.

Edit: Also I think that there are people here make comments about what other people wear based on aesthetics and the personality of the user (making it entirely personal sometimes). It's possible Lowrey just doesn't like Milspex. I would say that personally if I saw a 30-40 something dressed like Mil on the street I'd do a double take but in the long run I wouldn't lose any sweat over it.

In America it is unfortunately ingrained in our society that once we reach certain age, economic, or professional plateaus that we have to start dressing to fit in.

What I meant by plenty cool is I really don't give a shit what other people wear. Geographic location (person) and point of origin (garment) doesn't really matter to me either.

well if you hadn't replied in the context that you did, i could accept this. you also should have said that it's "plenty cool" for milspex to dress ura-hara as well, it infact you "really don't give a shit (about) what other people wear".

this shit doesn't matter to you? history, lineage, connotations? you don't care about what other people wear? why not stay home infront of a mirror, play dress-up, and have a one-man fashion show?

wtf you on the forum than? trying to make some e-friends?

is the ignore function still being utilized?

Clopek user_online.gif

superfreak

avatar13696_6.gifLast Activity: today 01:57 AM

Viewing Thread worst waywt fits @ 01:57 AM

Forum InfoContact Info

postsTotal Posts: 3,146 (10.77 posts per day) Find all posts by ClopekFind all threads started by Clopek Referrals: 1

User Notes: [Post User Note]

Private Message:

Send a private message to Clopek

Additional InformationGroup Memberships

Date of Birth:

March 21 city:

Great White North interests:

no , i dont have a life beyond supertalk

Clopek is not a member of any public groups

Guest Pettibon
edit: fuck this shit.

i am impressed by this, clopek. brinbo, are you really going to argue with matsu over ura-hara or jap labels or whatever? you do realize that he was actually around then, right? lowery, i just wanted to add that you listen to Joe Budden a lot and you think he's good.

You're the only one putting on the show. I'm here for myself, not for you.

fine, but based on your last comment it just seems as though you don't give a shit about things that are somewhat important to a fashion forum or to the industy. oooookkkkkaaaayyy...

Guest Pettibon
i dont think that i'm the white stripes. i just think that milspex is wolfmother. furthermore to the "cowboy or miner" style making my argument fall flat on your face, i submit this image for consideration: someone walking down the street in chaps, a 10 gallon hat, and cowboy boots with spurs, and a lassoo. wouldn't that look more like a costume than an outfit? milspex isn't on a runway, he wears this shit on the street. now, if you took elements of that cowboy's ensemble, and incorporated them into a style you made your own (i sound like paula abdul) you'd be on to something. . .and as far as I'm concerned that's what the members of this forum who actually look good tend to do. and maybe I dont have enough early 90s harajuku knowledge to be really arguing this shit, but I know that milspex looks like a dickspank, has some nice clothes that probably would look good in different combinations, and is TOO OLD TO WEAR THAT SHIT. but he insists on repping this stupid 90s japanese streetwear aesthetic like it's his job, despite coming across like an absolute cockswab.
this is what he wrote before he did the right thing and deleted it.

true indeed. it's fucking stupid just like his jacket, skytops, and neck (i could go on, should i?).

Damn how did you get this? I was going to reply with quote but my phone is so effing slow I gotz the edit:fuck this shit.

I love how you can talk about shit you don't really know about as long as you admit you don't know shit about what you're talking about, still trying to come off right in the same breath

Clopek, your argument is HELLA FLAWED.

Milspex, while certainly taking on a style that is directly attributed to the style trends of a certain time and a certain place, cannot be compared to someone who would dress up as a cowboy, pirate, or astronaut. Why, you ask? Well, it's not just because this argument is fucking stupid. It's also because Mil's style isn't DRASTICALLY different from other styles out there. To the untrained eye, especially older people who are detached from youth fashion trends, Mil probably just looks like another "hoodlum" wearing baggy clothing.

Even youths probably don't pick up on the subtlties of his attire. Before I understood what Milspex was going for, I thought he had a cool siloheutte, but honestly, he's wearing Jordans a, hoody, and baggy pants. He wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb like someone dressed like an astronaut. Get it?

What makes his style great is the fact that he knows where it comes from, sticks with it, but doesn't make himself look like a fool.

and maybe I dont have enough early 90s harajuku knowledge to be really arguing this shit, but I know that milspex looks like a dickspank, has some nice clothes that probably would look good in different combinations, and is TOO OLD TO WEAR THAT SHIT. but he insists on repping this stupid 90s japanese streetwear aesthetic like it's his job, despite coming across like an absolute cockswab.

You were better off not getting into this one from the start, you've heard through this sufu game of telephone about what MilSpex is and what he isn't. I like to take the piss because yeah MilSpex still listens to Minidisc and plays Sega Saturn and he deserves it for the side comments he drops on the board, but his aesthetic is something you don't have the place to tell other people about because you have your facts wrong. Milspex is out of context on Sufu amongst Canadian 18 year olds, but had you ever gone to Japan 8 or 9 years ago you'd realize he has plenty of relation to what things are today and what you're emulating (albeit badly).