good hip hop

Tonight I was feeling a little useless at work. I needed some inspiration and I accidentally left The Blueprint at home. Instead, i listened to Jeezy - Thug Motivation. I love hustler music when i'm getting my hustle on.

Anyone else have similar habits?

Another thing the Lox and they're homeboys Team Arliss are great for. DO NOT SLEEP on ST. RAW (also known as Straws...there were two guys in NYC with that name...he was way better than the other corny motherfucker).

Hustler music 101.

Used to listen to Jeezy's TM as well...dark and moody album.

http://pahlo.blogspot.com/2008/03/be-prepared.html

Akrobatik feat. Little Brother & 9th Wonder - Be Prepared

Off his new LP, Absolute Value.

fixed your link to a non-direct one (please avoid direct ones)

thats a good track.

been listening to Nicolay & Kay a lot recently, very dope. Blizzard is an awesome track.

I think NESK is the only that cares, but...Nine has a new mixtape out called OOPS (over other peoples shit).

Jay Electronica - Style Wars EP

http://giealbume.blogspot.com/2008/02/jay-electronica-style-wars-ep-2007.html

A not so recent accumulation of Jay Electornica's tracks...for those who aren't familiar with his work.

Tracklist:

1 Renaissance Man Prod. By J-Dilla

2 So What You Sayin Prod. By J- Dilla

3 Bitches And Drugs Prod. By J-Dilla

4 Dimthyltriptamine Prod. By J-Dilla

5 Be Easy

6 My World (Nas Salute)

7 Get Em' Prod. By Mr. Porter Feat. Guilty Simpson And Mr.Porter

8 My Uzi Weighs A Ton Prod. By Thom Yorke

9 Victory Is In My Clutches

10 Hard To Get Prod. By And Feat. Mr. Porter

11 Somethin To Hold On To Prod. By Nottz

12 I Feel Good

I think NESK is the only that cares, but...Nine has a new mixtape out called OOPS (over other peoples shit).

N-I-N-E?!?!?!?! Woow. I wonder how he sounds now.

A not so recent accumulation of Jay Electornica's tracks...for those who aren't familiar with his work.

Yeah I heard a few tracks from dude...what's his story? He's pretty cool.

i don't really know anything about hip hop or rap, but i like some early 90's stuff like Biz Markie, Shaq, and NWA. Anyone got any suggestions as to shit i should check out?

SHAQ???!!!??!?

Have you ever heard of the Wu Tang Clan?

Shaq's first few albums were actually pretty good. If he had a ghost writer, or just worked a little harder they would be those albums we still talk about today.the guy beats by ATCQ, Def Jeff, and Erick Sermon

T.W.I.S.M. bitch.

Im going to listen to Shaq Diesel right now.

Shaq's first few albums were actually pretty good. If he had a ghost writer, or just worked a little harder they would be those albums we still talk about today.the guy beats by ATCQ, Def Jeff, and Erick Sermon

T.W.I.S.M. bitch.

Im going to listen to Shaq Diesel right now.

Chiiiill b...that didn't get no love out here. I remember a joint on an old 411 skate video that featured the Def Squad (I think it was called "You Know My Steelo")...I was buggin' cause I could not find that song for the life of me...until I found out it was a Shaq joint, but I couldn't have known that since they never played Shaq's verse...ever. Kill that dumpy motherfucker.

"No Hooks" was played a lot...def. his biggest (and best) song...but that was simply because of the Wu support (Rza and Method Man) and a fresh video. The BOX would play that allll day...plus it def. helped that Tical was the album of the moment so people were constantly trying to get their Meth fix (no pun). You'd see "Release Yo 'Delf" and "No Hooks" back to back all day.

my favorite musical hip hop discovery of the past year:

who cares // sacramento, cali

http://www.myspace.com/whocaresmusic

favorite time & place in hip hop:

early to mid 90s east coast... wu tang, biggies, nas, geto boys, gangstarr, mobb deep

I'm diggin' their sound. It's some real chill shit, or the stuff I have listened to so far has been. I'd probably buy their album if I didn't just buy one yesterday

My grestest find of the year has been:

http://www.myspace.com/animateobjects

Chicago's answer to The Roots.

Tracklist:

1 Renaissance Man Prod. By J-Dilla

2 So What You Sayin Prod. By J- Dilla

3 Bitches And Drugs Prod. By J-Dilla

4 Dimthyltriptamine Prod. By J-Dilla

5 Be Easy

6 My World (Nas Salute)

7 Get Em' Prod. By Mr. Porter Feat. Guilty Simpson And Mr.Porter

8 My Uzi Weighs A Ton Prod. By Thom Yorke

9 Victory Is In My Clutches

10 Hard To Get Prod. By And Feat. Mr. Porter

11 Somethin To Hold On To Prod. By Nottz

12 I Feel Good

Yo, thanks for this, I was looking for some more of his stuff..

Release Yo'Delf is my favorite Meth track. It was my entrance for highschool wrestling.

i'm sorry but that just made me giggle... no offense..just imagining a high school kid in a wrestling uniform stepping out as

"check it I'm the fuckin man who they mention

Notice that other niggaz rap styles is bogus

Doo-doo, prepare for this verse Tical voodoo

Blazin, the stuff that ignites stimulation"

comes blastin over the gym's sound system

The most effective part of the track is 'when i first stepped on the seen niggas was petrified'. Then those fucking horns, and you just want to smash someones head in.

Anyway, D-BLOCK in this piece:

479wi4.jpg

Just picked it up...listening right now. Has anyone else listened yet? I dont get enough LOX these days.

can't say i've really even listened to much of the lox since '98 'money power & respect'..vaguely remember the 2000 album but i have listened to jadakiss & styles p since then..

i'll check it and let you know what i think!

The most effective part of the track is 'when i first stepped on the seen niggas was petrified'. Then those fucking horns, and you just want to smash someones head in.

Anyway, D-BLOCK in this piece:

479wi4.jpg

Just picked it up...listening right now. Has anyone else listened yet? I dont get enough LOX these days.

Wow. Good looks. Didn't know this was out. Still bumpin' SP's album. Never can get enough Lox.

MPKtYhRZYSI

NdMOg4cXe1Y

New Roots shit sounds nifty.

hmmmm...

i thought this was hip-hop

stunning.

Do you have anything of substance to add? I can tell if you're being sarcastic or you're new to hip hop and didn't realize how diverse it is having scene Sheek, Prodigy, The Roots, and Jay Electronic discussed one page.

If its the former, 'its nothin' for me to to tell you maybe you can find another thread to up your post count? If its the latter, my apologize and welcome to hip hop.

In other news...I was jut walking home and saw a bunch of "Hi My Name Is:" stickers with the name "Guilty Simpson" in a pretty nice hand style. It was kinda weird, since this is Seattle and I cant imagine Guilty not only having a show here, but getting such a positive response he wanted to be remembered. Plus I cant remember him ever coming here...maybe he didnt even do it.

Another thing the Lox and they're homeboys Team Arliss are great for. DO NOT SLEEP on ST. RAW (also known as Straws...there were two guys in NYC with that name...he was way better than the other corny motherfucker).

Hustler music 101.

Used to listen to Jeezy's TM as well...dark and moody album.

Straws is all right...but I prefer Trav. He still in the pen?

Do you have anything of substance to add? I can tell if you're being sarcastic or you're new to hip hop and didn't realize how diverse it is having scene Sheek, Prodigy, The Roots, and Jay Electronic discussed one page.

If its the former, 'its nothin' for me to to tell you maybe you can find another thread to up your post count? If its the latter, my apologize and welcome to hip hop.

In other news...I was jut walking home and saw a bunch of "Hi My Name Is:" stickers with the name "Guilty Simpson" in a pretty nice hand style. It was kinda weird, since this is Seattle and I cant imagine Guilty not only having a show here, but getting such a positive response he wanted to be remembered. Plus I cant remember him ever coming here...maybe he didnt even do it.

What part of Seattle are you in? What's your fav Seattle hip hop group?

Mine = Grayskul

ayo anyone got a link to dels new album? i didnt even realize it had dropped yet but i saw it at the record store last night. didnt wanna buy it cause i hated the single he dropped for it 3 years ago. his new video aint all that either, so im hesitant.

Straws is all right...but I prefer Trav. He still in the pen?

TRAV?!??! Nah chill...I got my money on S-T-DOT-Raw playboy...he's just a bit more intricate and stylized with it. I favor the calm hitman demeanor he puts on...plus his solo mixtape was crazy.

And yeah, Trav been out...unless he got locked up again recently. My homegirl Dusty is cool with those dudes, Trav especially...through Vinny Idol...last I saw, Trav is free.