good hip hop

What part of Seattle are you in? What's your fav Seattle hip hop group?

Mine = Grayskul

Im in the city. I cant say I really like too many groups out here.

ayo anyone got a link to dels new album? i didnt even realize it had dropped yet but i saw it at the record store last night. didnt wanna buy it cause i hated the single he dropped for it 3 years ago. his new video aint all that either, so im hesitant.

I didnt like a single song on the album.

Im still bumping that Sheek. There are some REAL wack tracks on it but on the whole its pretty solid. Especially the tracks with other rappers. Jada is nice as always. Jim Jones was even bearable.

i used to live in seattle... on the hill, in the CD, and on the west side... beautiful city.

blue scholars, cancer rising, oldominion, madk....... all good seattle hip hop as well, but i'm sure you know that.

TRAV?!??! Nah chill...I got my money on S-T-DOT-Raw playboy...he's just a bit more intricate and stylized with it. I favor the calm hitman demeanor he puts on...plus his solo mixtape was crazy.

And yeah, Trav been out...unless he got locked up again recently. My homegirl Dusty is cool with those dudes, Trav especially...through Vinny Idol...last I saw, Trav is free.

Unless that's not the same Trav who works with AZ. I don't give a fuck what you say, I think dude is kinda nice. :-)

Unless that's not the same Trav who works with AZ. I don't give a fuck what you say, I think dude is kinda nice. :-)

Trav and AZ? I'm talking about the Team Arliss Trav...you got hte first Arliss mixtape? He's all over that one. It MAY be the same dude...which AZ track(s) are you talkin' about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ8kKDtavCU

I really like everyones verse on this track, and throwing Legend on the chorus was what I've been saying needs to happen since the first time I heard him on Ye's shit.

In my opinion, The best hip hop album of 2004 is the Get Lifted instrumental. That was definitely the best Kanye has ever done behind the boards.

weezy again sounds like someone punched him in the throat, too bad just not hard enough :(

Sha Stimuli is pushing new tapes, havent had a chance to listen to them yet but I have high assumptions:

LoveJonesFront-1.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/fi/?d=I4TWD77T

thewireFrontcover.jpg

http://www.filefactory.com/dlf...d/j/0

Happy New Year - 12 CDs in 12 Months

Salutations, Happy New Year and White History Month and all that. If you don't know me my name is Sha Stimuli and in 2007 to just run thru and sum it up I became a free agent again, dropped a few CDs, started this journal, got some magazine and DVD features, appeared on MTV and BET doing the freestyle thing, jumped in a few movies, got some hot 97 radio spins and won an award for Best Lyricist. Of course I'm leaving out a few things but I can never remember everything and I sound pompous.

Anyway it's a new year and with it brings new things. So I decided to drop a CD every month this year and I've been getting a lot of questions about that whole idea and I'll get to that a little later on

Somewhere in between the mainstream hip-hop artist and the unknown rapper is a level that some refer to as the underground. Sometimes it's because of content, other times it's due to exposure. There are days when I wonder what it will take to go from internet buzz or street notoriety to national recognition. Some say it's a hit single on the radio, others may argue that a hot video will do it. Most people feel like once you get a record deal you're good but I think in the last 3 or 4 years that theory is gone out the window. So what's the answer? It's obviously not talent because the most talented are hardly the most successful. Is it marketing combined with luck and opportunity? Kanye had the biggest selling rap album last year and it was also celebrated by critics for its simplicity and consistency. But without the 50 Cent 1st week feud would he have sold as much? Is controversy the answer? Maybe there is no one solution to the puzzle. Maybe we as artists need to go back to the days when music didn't necessarily equate with wealth. Wouldn't that change our minds when we create songs if we weren't focused on selling millions? Wouldn't that change the labels' strategies if they were content with reaching every artist's target audience and keeping the budgets lower? That might even deter some of the people that have no business rapping from picking up a mic.

Maybe I'm bugging but with that said I vowed at the end of last year to drop a CD every month this year. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time but it got some people talking. They wonder can I keep it up. Will I drop mad old songs? Will it be quantity over quality? Didn't Papoose and Lil Wayne already do that? Who cares what Stimuli does anyway? I'm not sure but when they ask why I ask why not. I have a bunch of material that I record when I'm feeling moved and music serves as a release and I'm tired of holding it in while I wait for promo and marketing dollars. My mission is challenging but doesn't everyone need a challenge once in awhile? I feel alive again, almost like I have a job that I'm not getting paid for but I'm rich so I don't need the money. Since the latter of that statement is untrue I have quite a bit of work to do. No gimmick, no real goal in mind, just good music for folks to identify with and enjoy. Thanks to Big Ray we're also adding some visuals to the music as time progresses so stay tuned.

cadence is weapon is weird live. but he did a weezer cover which was pretty cool. i read a while ago that this album is gonna be more on the dancier side.

i have a problem with listening to breaking kayfabe entirely because it was mastered too loud. its just annoying to me. black hand is a dope song though.

just listening to The Wire which I linked above, shit is fire, Stimuli's delivery and flow is impeccable.

both of the tapes are heavily themed, Love Jones seems to be mostly love joints and Wire is his equivalent of american gangster. I dont mind him pushing out 12 tapes this year, he delivers every time.

anyone listen to Psycho Realm/Sick Symphonies? If not, check them out.

Hell yeah, Just got that DJ Muggz Vs Sick Jacken album. Shit is ill.

Anyone here listen to hardcore hiphop?

Like Killarmy, Killah Priest, pretty much everything out of the Wu-Fam camp.

The new Game single is amazing. Ive completely disregarded how much I dislike Game since he did the Nas track. I probably wont ever listen to his shit in public though.

Worth a listen if you bump The LOX...

Styles P - The Phantom Menace

Both Styles and Sheek have dropped full LP's in the past 6 months.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.4468/title.the-game-big-dreams

Thats the track

Qualifies his gangsterism - check

Rewrites his past - check

Name drops people that don't like him - check

Name drops himself - check

Its still a crazy track though. It would be anthem status if it was any other rapper.

- name dropping

- dre

- big money

- wheels

- going platinum

- the roaring V12

- 26" on the curb

- beef

- curtis

- slangin rocks

- chains

Game is incredibly repetitive and predictable, yet I don't seem to hate his as much as I'd expect myself to. I guess he does something right.