good hip hop

My biggest problem with Lupe is that he bores me. I get irritated with his cadence and his overall flow. To make it even worse his beats (generally, on this record) are some type of hipster pop mix shit with weak hooks. It doesn't really matter how deep his lyrics are.

A good example. When he and Matt Santos performed Superstar on Letterman it sounded great! Why? He switched his flow down a little and they had a live band. If he did the whole record again with organic beats I would probably like it a lot more. Now, I didn't like the last record that much either but there is no doubt that the best tracks were the more soulful ones, like Kick push, Daydreaming and He say, she say.

I don't say I dislike the record or that it's utter trash but to me it's far from as great as (many) of the reviews tells you. And it's most def not on my top 25 for 2007.

Whatever you say man.

So, Ortiz got dropped from Aftermath (if it's actually true...)? What's your thoughts on that? I honestly belive it's the best thing for him, I really hope he shows up at Babygrande and get to put some music out.

Yeah, I dont think he was a good fit for aftermath. He NEEDS Premo production. I hope someone swoops soon because im fiending for The Bodega Chronicles 2.

My biggest problem with Lupe is that he bores me. I get irritated with his cadence and his overall flow. To make it even worse his beats (generally, on this record) are some type of hipster pop mix shit with weak hooks. It doesn't really matter how deep his lyrics are.

A good example. When he and Matt Santos performed Superstar on Letterman it sounded great! Why? He switched his flow down a little and they had a live band. If he did the whole record again with organic beats I would probably like it a lot more. Now, I didn't like the last record that much either but there is no doubt that the best tracks were the more soulful ones, like Kick push, Daydreaming and He say, she say.

I don't say I dislike the record or that it's utter trash but to me it's far from as great as (many) of the reviews tells you. And it's most def not on my top 25 for 2007.

You are the typical hip hop listener. You listen to the top layer, and if that doesn't interest you then you consider the record wack. I used to be like that.

But anyways

I used to sleep/hate on Lupe, especially cause he brung skateboarding to the hood, but then I started listening and I realized that he is giving what most Hip hop fans "claim" they want. The problem is that when they get it, they don't like it. So people can hate on the bullshit that plays in the radio for not saying nothing, but when something says something it's just too overwheming.

THere is a reason why people like Dr. cornel west like lupe. It isn't just high school backpackers. But the hate on SuFu is unfounded so it's not worth discussing. It's just hate for the sake of hating. Might as well frop the lupe talk.

Big L makes Lupe and Jay-Z sound like Corky

you buggin

not trynna discredit Big L cos he was seriously ahead of his time but..

Reasonable Doubt, nigga?

are you stupid?

I was listening to this joint last night and it was littered with sooo many metaphors that a casual listener's ears would just skip

give it another listen and really listen..

and dude was coming up with that in 96

and dude was coming up with that in 96

Sorry, Big L pretty much crushed everyone back in 92. Jay-Z never did anything close.

"What I recite be takin hours to write, so if you bite, tell your man what kind of flowers you like"

You a fool, jay-z is a fan of lupe and reconizes the crackness of lupe's lyrics publicly. Do your homework.

first off, get Lupe's nuts out from between your fingers

just because Jay-Z is a fan of Lupe has nothing to do with him being better or even on the same level as Jigga

if you would stop listening to The Cool on repeat for hours upon hours maybe your ears would be introduced to other kinds of music and you wouldn't have to look like such a Lupe Fiasco STANLEY

first off, get Lupe's nuts out from between your fingers

just because Jay-Z is a fan of Lupe has nothing to do with him being better or even on the same level as Jigga

if you would stop listening to The Cool on repeat for hours upon hours maybe your ears would be introduced to other kinds of music and you wouldn't have to look like such a Lupe Fiasco STANLEY

If jay-z thinks lupe is nice then that should tell you alot.

I probably know more about jay-z then you !! you just heard resonable doubt the other day and now you feel like a hip hop scholar. You probably think jay-z is the goat, not knowing that jay-z has pretty much admitted that common is a better rapper.

How can I be a stan when I'm not even a huge lupe fan I just started paying attention the other day.

Don't respond or I'll neg you, I don't want to continue this conversation...It sucks.

Let's drop the lupe topic. It get's nowhere fast.

Wow people are really serious about this Lupe stuff...to compare Lupe to Jay-Z skill-wise must mean you're "underage"...Lupe's whole rhyme style is to (one of) Jay-Z's as Lil Wayne's post-Carter style is to (Black Album) Jay-Z's... uhm...I mean the new Styles P is the shit.

But seriously...J Hood is the worst.

You are the typical hip hop listener. You listen to the top layer, and if that doesn't interest you then you consider the record wack. I used to be like that.

But anyways

I used to sleep/hate on Lupe, especially cause he brung skateboarding to the hood, but then I started listening and I realized that he is giving what most Hip hop fans "claim" they want. The problem is that when they get it, they don't like it. So people can hate on the bullshit that plays in the radio for not saying nothing, but when something says something it's just too overwheming.

THere is a reason why people like Dr. cornel west like lupe. It isn't just high school backpackers. But the hate on SuFu is unfounded so it's not worth discussing. It's just hate for the sake of hating. Might as well frop the lupe talk.

Dude, you need to take a chill pill. I can guarantee you that I'm a lot more than your average hiphop listener and I fuck with more abstract shit than Lupe, that's a fact. Secondly, I listen to music, if the overall sound (meaning beat, lyrics etc) doesn't interest me I see no reason why I should listen to it. If I want deep "lyrics" I might as well read som poetry.

If you listen to hiphop (or music in general) to analyze the lyrics you're nothing short of stupid. I'm not saying the lyrics isn't important but a hipster with quasi philosophic lyrics doesn't impress me. Please take the dick out of your mouth.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=18375

Should be out soon. The Wayne diss at the end is spectacular.

Snippet : http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=18387

Im flying down to LA to see these dudes. Ive already seen them 3 times up here in Seattle. I dont like Hell Hath No Fury, but Lord Willin is one of my favorite albums.