good hip hop

True about the Ghost comment...I dunno so much about Gza, I'd argue that Rae has a better ear for non-Rza beats...although most of his post-OB4CL solo album'ry is hit or miss. To me, Gza is lucky he hooked up with Muggs for the recent projects he's done (Muggs could be VERY Rza-like with his eerie opera & piano loops).

THe fucked up shit is, a lot of people sleep on Rae's solo shit (not cameos) if he's not on a Rza or Rza-like beat...which is fucked cause if Rae never was with the Wu and was solo, spittin' the way he has been for as long as I can remember, most heads who hate now would be begging for anything he releases...cause he's DEAD NICE as a rapper (Wu or not). I don't think he'd be accused of biting Ghost neither, he's got his own slang shit that is different...especially the way those two spit in more recent years. Another aspect is that Wu wouldn't be Wu without Rae.

Fuck it though...all about RAGU...I think the 2nd PURPLE TAPE will be fucking face melting.

...I'd also like to say that I TOO am happy at the positive feedback everyone has been giving Styles-P and his new effort. SP has been one of my favorites since...before they were known as D-Block.

Styles is the most emotionally driven of the Lox (some would call him the "deepest") and definitely the most vivid...whereas Kiss is very mathematic with his flow and rhyme patterns...and Sheek is just all-out violence (yes, I do actually like most of Sheek's shit...he's a funny/witty motherfucker and has definitely stepped it up).

I'm telling you, download or order that "Phantom Menace" mixtape...as well as "Ghost In THe Machine," "Ghost In The SHell," "Ghost Stories," and "The Phantom"...I think those are all of the official mixtapes where there isn't any track x-posts (unlike his last few indie releases that were just remixes). He's pretty damned consistent actually (definitely good if you've had a shitty day).

Just listen to Styles' verses off the 2nd Lox album..."Felony Niggas" is DEFINITELY the hardest song on there...but verse of the album goes to his joint off of "Can I Live"...

Black Rob's "Can I Live" has great verses from all of the Lox as well.

One of those styles tapes (I think the one with some weird dude who looks like homie with the bottle fingers from the warriors lurking in the background on the cover) is just sick front to back. It's got all eyez on me on it amongst other things. his selection of classic beats to freestyle over is pretty impeccable. That recent "KRS One freestyle" he did killed me.

He's Definitley been a favorite of mine for years...

Hmmm I don't remember that mixtape...but the tracklisting sounds like the one from Ghost Stories (his first solo mixtape...he just got out of keylock)...was it an official D-Block/Big Mike tape? Big Mike pretty much hosted all of the real tapes, then hundreds from other DJ's with most of the same songs would be released.

By KRS are you talking about "THE MC"??

"Ya'll little niggas new to the slums

I'm from a spot where the dope move faster than a cougar can run"

That shit is face meltingly glorious.

i got the new ghost cd last night. its alright, but nowhere near as good as the last two lps he dropped. kinda dissapointed. stil better than alot of shit ive heard recently but i hold ghost to high expectations. waiting for new wu to drop.

I agree, after a quick listen atleast it was allright, but not on the level of fishscale or more fish which I both loved. wasn't that impressed with wu to be honest.

His flow is absolutely contagious. He is oldschool and next level at the same time, if that makes any sense. I cant really explain it.

Situation is the shit, been listening to it in the car a lot.

im still gonna cop the wu album cause i havnt bought any of their albums since forever dropped. and i never really regret it until years later when i hear tracks of their not-so-glorified records, and im always like "dam, never realized they were this good". ive vowed to buy all wu lps since cause i dont wanna feel like a sucker later on.

Its worth noting that when i said 'face in my previous post i was referring to Scarface, not Wallabees face..

Speakin' of 'Face...his new one is def. a great listen. I'm gonna cop. Reminded me a lot of Last of a Dying Breed/The Fix (minus Kanye production).

I was just listening to The Diary...how fukin' classic is that album...jeezus Scarface is the realest.

Guess Who's back is probably one of the single greatest collabos of all time. Definitely one of the greatest beats.

Guess who's bizzack still smell the crack in my clothes dont make me have to relapse on these hos....

Guess Who's back is probably one of the single greatest collabos of all time. Definitely one of the greatest beats.

Guess who's bizzack still smell the crack in my clothes dont make me have to relapse on these hos....

Face it y'all, y'all niggas playing basic-ball, I'm on the block like I'm eight feet tall...

DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE

Also played through Diary today... haven't played Made at all.

New Wu: I really like it. Lyrics suffer from a lack of Rae/Ghost (but benefit from a surprisingly on-point Meth), but RZA's beats are some cinematic, psychedelic Kill Bill shit.

Everything but "Starter" sounded good-to-great to me.

Haha Lake been shittin' on P...I'm surprised Mega hasn't joined in off of G.P. With that said, I want to hear the new Mega...one of the last real nice rappers from QB (Capone fell the fuck off).

Yeah anytime Scarface and Beans get together on a track...it's a stand-out. Name any one of their collabs...any album...those shits hold up as great collabs everytime (i.e. the joint off of the Blueprint2 with the Just Blaze beat...it's like "This Can't Be Life pt. 2"...def. one of the best tracks on either BP2 CD).

Im listening to the new Birdman and its actually not bad. Theres no substance but thats expected right?

Its basically a Wayne album anyway.

^ Weezy is my dude, but I can't stand Birdman. I'm sure he has some good production on his album though.

Whoever doesnt have Freeway's album MUST get it! That album has been on constant repeat since day 1.

Wu's joint is ok. There some good tracks on there.

Ghosts' shit wasn't as dope as Fishscale.

Lupe's album should be better than everything this year besides Graduation & American Gangster, and maybe even Freeway's.

^^^its a peice of shit ktothe is a dipshit for comparing it to a wayne album

But how do you really feel?

Wayne is on like 6 tracks, which is half of them (if you dont count the skits). He has the same producers (yeah?) and he rhymes about the same exact shit - if you actually listen to it, Wayne probably wrote some of the lyrics...

Dunno how you can hate on the album if you're a Wayne fan.

just ran across this thread analyzing Lupe's Dumb It Down: http://boards.atlanticrecords.com/artists/lupefiasco.....

its even more complex than I thought.. probably won't interest that many but might be worth checking out.

Above all I have to appreciate that thru such lyrical sickness I end up doing research, and I thus LEARN stuff. Thats what real Art should be about. Making people who care search for the bigger picture, thus leading to one's reflection and actual brain usage.

This is a rare occurance in the world of Hip Hop.

Lupe Fiasco is no joke.

listening to the new wu right now.

k, freeway and beans are equally impressive.

styles p didn't hold my attention for long.

birdman was whack, as expected. weezy barely got any verses in it too. he's mainly singing and throwing ad libs. i deleted that right away. waste of space.

oh, and here's a nude vid of bangers & cash - loose

LOOSE

Im not making any excuses for the Birdman album...but theres probably something wrong with me because i also love the Playaz Circle album.

Do I need help?

that's the beauty of difference in opinion...some people aren't impressed by these records...while others are blown away (or at least real into 'em). I.E. Cheep n GFunkDocta loving the new Beans while to me and other's, the shit pales in comp with his previous three albums. I'm glad to say that at least its a real mc like Beans we're either happy or disappointed with and not someone like Yung Joc or Spank Rock...or Uncle Murda fer cryin' outloud.

Im listening to Styles album again. Its so good on every level. What I like the most though, is its a throwback to like 97, 98 when the clubs were playing NY tracks that were not only danceable but had some real lyrics over them, or atleast werent the same rehashed down south shit.

I can also play it in the ride and the girl isnt going to complain.

The black hippie, the sack wit me, the lighter too

I have dreams of Amsterdam every night or two (Amsterdam)

I feel good, the sky couldn't be a brighter blue

Sun lookin like a tangerine

You got green and it's mean, brother hit me like a tambourine

I need a minute to myself, second to myself

Pass the dutchie on the left, whoever's suckin on the L

I'ma need candy cause I know my breath is gon' smell

I don't get sleep but some good restin off a L

Mind blown, time fly, time gone

Missed my exit on the highway I ride on

Roll another one, get in my good time zone

Word.