good hip hop

ahahaha. Im not here to talk, put a beat on. Dont ask me no questions...Joeseph = the illest he r not skare of neg rep.

What beat was that? Im drawing a blank.

haha yea I was cracking up at that, dude was grabbing his hoody before the beat was over

looking forward to this:

Nicolay & Kay - Timeline

NMR002CD.jpg

sampler (mp3)

haha yea I was cracking up at that, dude was grabbing his hoody before the beat was over

looking forward to this:

Nicolay & Kay - Timeline

NMR002CD.jpg

sampler (mp3)

Couldn't agree more, shit's looking real dope. From what I've heard the album Kay dropped last year (2007, still not used to that) is fire. Just ordered it and I've got some high expectations. Looking forward to the Mighty Joseph album as well, it's gonna be some dope sheet!

The Rebirth.

He's currently touring for it too. Its not a bad album.

can you hooks me up?

i think its strange he could put out another album and it go under my radar. did fat beats do this one again or is it on subterraneous?

I was just listening to the Zombie Playoffs podcast from Stones Throw: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=128983846

About 13 minutes deep they play a Guilty Simpson track that sounds grimey as fuck, obviously it's produced by Madlib (or that's what he says anyway...) but I don't think it's on the compilation and I can't find it elsewhere. Please give me a friggin name!

I was just listening to Statik Selektah's album and was quite surprised, had a few pretty good tracks with Termanology, Cormega, Royce etc. I've never listened to any of his tapes or anything so I don't know if this is better than those, but worth giving a listen imo.

pic_subpage_title_1340.jpg

also went through the Sad Clown EPs athmosphere put out last year, I liked especially the Summer one.

"nah, yall are trippin if you dont think lupe is the greatest lyricist ever. peep game: on dumb it down he said he was eyeless. that mean HE AINT GOT NO EYES. like a pirate, man. and pirate rhymes with eyeless. but he doesnt even say pirate. thats how deep his metaphors go. hes rhyming shit without even saying the words.KICK PUSH!"

You lost some respect points with this one.

You could sleep on lupe all you want, like I did, cause lupe's rhymes are easy to overlook but they can't be dismissed. Dumb it down is actually disgustinly lyrical. Shit is dense as hell.

Pick any line and it probably means a million things.

Example

"writer of the white powder,

picker of the fire flowers,

spit hot fire like Dylon on Chappelle's skit"

Writer of the white powder, as in cocaine, meaning he writes crack

Picker of the "fire flowers", as in the flowers that give mario and luigi the ability to

spit fire in the Super mario games.

He then proceeds to spit fire like mario, luigi and "dylon on chappelle's skit"

Or another example.

"Something really stinks, but I Sphinx like Leon

Or lion in the desert"

Something stinks (the rap game) but he doesn't smell it cause he is like the "sphinx" in egypt that doesn't have a nose. THen he ads a double meaning by adding the name leon. Lean spinks is the dude that beat muhhamed so he probably saying he a fighter. Lupe shit is deep mayneeee

+DOes SuFu listen to music or do ya just skim through it?+

nah notesee you just dont understand how good rhymes are written. if you say your

"like" something and that something happens to be contextually accurate, you are thus a dope rapper. and if you use a word that has multiple meanings and more than one of those meanings applies to the subject of your rhyme, you are basically jesus but with a mic and limited sneakers.

Try college radio. Boston has a ton of universities, one of them might have a good hip hop show.

I've been to BU's radio station, they have a pretty serious setup .. look over their station's schedule.

WNYU has the The Halftime show hosted by original Non Phixion's DJ Eclipse, I have a lotta tape recordings of that show from years ago. Even won a two year subscription of Elemental Magazine through them.

Well played.

Servo have you listened to his stuff or read his lyrics? BP has a point.

I know a lot of people don't like Lupe, and I dont really care because I dont feel a need to ride on the popular opinion (whether its liking or not liking an artist). but having to resort to gimmicks (how many times have you made those "witty" remarks nesk?) when hating on him kind of makes a point on its own ;)

the jadakiss of Jerz

when it comes to Benjamin's I don't say a word

:D

I'm surprised how many shots he took at Jay on MM3

We'll always pay homage but lets get one thing understood, son

Every encore ain’t a good one

from the sounds of everything I hear, you lost it

still rap allright, but your ears exhausted

... but having to resort to gimmicks (how many times have you made those "witty" remarks nesk?) ;)

i know im getting redundant, but so are the kids trying to break down his lyrics in an attempt to prove how deep he is when all they do is further illustrate how mediocre his stuff is. at this point im not even mad at lupe for being bland, i can just not listen and be cool with it. its the backpackers coles notes bullshit that inspires me to come online and get all sarcastic.

i really like this thread, though. it has brought some good music to my attention and led to some good discussion. its no suprise the haters want to keep the lupe the lupe praise to a minimum though, because theres alot of better music that is actually deserving of peoples attention to be talked about.

as I said I'm completely cool with someone not liking whatever I do, it doesn't really concern me but fact is that there are people who like Lupe and are probably going to discuss his shit here. its a bit tiring to read the same remarks from the same few guys each time his name comes up..

this is a pretty good thread, lets try and keep it that way. nothing wrong with arguments as long as theres some point to it.

I agree with Nesk on the whole Lupe shit...as well as both of you on the content and conversation style of this thread...

Definitely the first Hip Hop related thread I've ever found myself participating in (and I used to go on all of those big forums from ughh and def jux to sohh and that other blue'ish hip hop board). The arguing of opinion is pretty useless, but heads here seem to do it with some tact at least.

to get back on track, i just listened to a couple tracks of the new saul williams album that was free up until recently. cant beleive i missed the free download. trigger is an awesome track. the sunda bloody sunday cover is pretty good too. im gonna wait til a physical copy comes out before i cop it. im also defiantely gonna catch him when he tours with this project. id love to have the whole thing before seeing him live but im not paying $5 for a copy i can only hear on my computer.