good hip hop

Jadakiss did a bunch of good solo shit on Kiss the Game Goodbye, that was raw Jadakiss. Then after the album everyone was talking about how Kiss can only do street music, he is so one dimensional. So that's why Kiss of Death sounded like Jadakiss was trying to prove something that he didnt have to.

I overall like SP better than Jada too, but if you were to totally disagree with that statement, I couldn't tell you that you're wrong.

There was a Ghost by the door? didnt know that, i stopped downloading mixtapes tho cause they were fuckin' my computer up

On Vol. 3 didnt Ghost do Ghetto Children? It was kind of a Carribean song? That was alright

What was the mixtape where he did all those freestyles to Can I live (Man of The Men) and he did one called Soldiers Song? that was a stupidly ill mixtape

No that was RR 4...I think he was on two songs there. That comp sucked a whole lotta balls. RR 3 had some mean joints on it (I think 3-5 were Lox-related...one SP solo and one full-on Lox track).

Ghost By The Door was done by DJ Drama. It was an official SP tape though...he hosted and there were 90% new songs. The only gripe is the cutting and the yelling over the songs that Drama or his boy does...it's a Gangsta Grillz edition tape so you get that Lil Jon "GANGSTA GRIZILLLLLZZZZZ" sample all over teh songs.

Ghost In The Machine was the mixtape you were talking about...with "The MC" and "Can I Live" and all of that crazy shit. That shit is probably one of the best mixtapes I've ever heard just for mood alone. It was the perfect Fall-Winter vibe. "The Key" and this other joint where they sample one of those famous 80's songs are insane.

^^ lame.

I recommend you (as in everyone) check out that new Caltroit album. Theres some pretty hard production on it, with lyrics to match. Its pretty raw.

EDIT: Oh lord...just got to the track "Goatit". Bishop Lamonte destroys it. His flow is ridiculous and he makes it sound so effortless.

^^ lame.

I recommend you (as in everyone) check out that new Caltroit album. Theres some pretty hard production on it, with lyrics to match. Its pretty raw.

EDIT: Oh lord...just got to the track "Goatit". Bishop Lamonte destroys it. His flow is ridiculous and he makes it sound so effortless.

^^ from Chicago? Back when I was on my underground indie hip hop shit (before it became known as "backpacker" rap)...I had their first 12" with three joints...one had the dude rhymin' about comic book characters over a beat made from the old Spiderman tv theme. I thought it was pretty fresh back then.

No idea what they sound like now...

So, why not - what do you all have for top hip hop releases of the year? Mine looks like:

1. Graduation

2. Kala

3. American Gangster

4. Underground Kingz

5. Desire

6. 8 Diagrams

7. Big Doe Rehab

8. Totally Flossed Out EP

9. Renaissance Child

10. Who Am I?

Other good releases: Dirty Acres, Razah's Ladder, Da Drought 3, Beneath The Heavens, Public Enemy #1, Perseverance, The Cool

Still haven't gotten enough of a feel for Ear Drum or Getback to judge.

Puff is a grimey dude, apparently. Whats up with the Crip connection rumors. Or was it bloods?

I dunno about gang connections, but Puff definitely isn't afraid to mix it up. Check out how many times he's been sued for assault and shit - notably w/Steve Stoute and the recent case where some dude claims Puff punched him in the face at the club.

And as for Saigon, I actually saw him Saturday night at The Black Door, a bar in NYC that is next door to Baseline Studios, which is owned by Just Blaze and presumably where Saigon records. They were having a private party in the back and judging from the crowd I can only assume it had something to do with his record being finished.

I dunno about gang connections, but Puff definitely isn't afraid to mix it up. Check out how many times he's been sued for assault and shit - notably w/Steve Stoute and the recent case where some dude claims Puff punched him in the face at the club.

And as for Saigon, I actually saw him Saturday night at The Black Door, a bar in NYC that is next door to Baseline Studios, which is owned by Just Blaze and presumably where Saigon records. They were having a private party in the back and judging from the crowd I can only assume it had something to do with his record being finished.

didnt you know the new shit is to retire before you put out a commercial record then come out of retirement with a debut album. come on, get your indutry politrix 101 on. this shit is standard for newjacks nowadays. by his second album hes gonna be on some 'doin it like i used to' vibe where he takes it all the way back to spring 2008.

While this probably doesnt belong here I figure this would be the best place to get a response.

If anyone owns an original pressing (i dont think it was repressed) of The Nonces first album I'd give my left testical for it. Seriously, if you own it, and want to give it up PM me a price i'll probably pay it.

So, why not - what do you all have for top hip hop releases of the year? Mine looks like:

1. Graduation

2. Kala

3. American Gangster

4. Underground Kingz

5. Desire

6. 8 Diagrams

7. Big Doe Rehab

8. Totally Flossed Out EP

9. Renaissance Child

10. Who Am I?

Other good releases: Dirty Acres, Razah's Ladder, Da Drought 3, Beneath The Heavens, Public Enemy #1, Perseverance, The Cool

Still haven't gotten enough of a feel for Ear Drum or Getback to judge.

add Mood Musik 3 and Hi-Teknology 3.

agreed. that was the first time i really liked him. then on run when he had to take his shirt off... thats why i say i love a guest verse. that line from the gangstar track floored me.

yup.

have the ambulance pass ya timberlands off right to your man

cuz he pussy, he aint gon do nothin but look

when it come to beef he dont wan' do nothin but cook

anyone hear the new(ish) atmosphere yet? i saw the lp but i didnt feel like buying it, should i go back?

which atmos? the fall lp wasnt as god as the summer lp and ive only heard one track of the winter ep. the album comes out in march then a spring ep for the tour. if you saw a new one, it was winter, and the track i heard offf it was alright, im gonna get it when it gets printed on wax which should be soon.

Wassup y'all? I have trouble finding this soul album by Lenny Williams:

Cause I Love You: The Best of Lenny Williams

Yes, this is a Hip Hop thread, but I figured most people who listen to good Hip Hop have some sort of knowledge of the samples that their favorite tracks come from. I need this album in my life and if anyone has it, kindly hook this up. Thanks.

is there a new one be lo album or mix out? i heard someone talking about his new shit but i aint up on it.

The Rebirth.

He's currently touring for it too. Its not a bad album.

EDIT:

ahahaha. Im not here to talk, put a beat on. Dont ask me no questions...Joeseph = the illest he r not skare of neg rep.

What beat was that? Im drawing a blank.