good hip hop

Some people in here will enjoy this:

In the last year or so two there was fairly noisy dust up after "backpack" savior Lupe Fiasco stated in an interview that he had never heard A Tribe Called Quest's classic Midnight Marauders. That wasn't it though, he also said he had no intention of getting his hands on it and listening to it.

It seems the good folks at Vh1 never heard about that, as Lupe was asked to pay tribute to the legendary Queens trio at this years Hip Hop Honors. Alongside Common, Pharrell and Busta Rhymes, Lupe spit rhymes from Electric Relaxation. At least that is what he was supposed to do. Much to the dismay of many in attendance, Lupe had no idea what the words to the verse were and stumbled through it.

This does little to dispel talk that Lupe's ego is getting out of control, as failing to bother to learn the words for a tribute song doesn't look too good.

Lupe took an L for that one...the irony lol..

Some people in here will enjoy this:

In the last year or so two there was fairly noisy dust up after "backpack" savior Lupe Fiasco stated in an interview that he had never heard A Tribe Called Quest's classic Midnight Marauders. That wasn't it though, he also said he had no intention of getting his hands on it and listening to it.

It seems the good folks at Vh1 never heard about that, as Lupe was asked to pay tribute to the legendary Queens trio at this years Hip Hop Honors. Alongside Common, Pharrell and Busta Rhymes, Lupe spit rhymes from Electric Relaxation. At least that is what he was supposed to do. Much to the dismay of many in attendance, Lupe had no idea what the words to the verse were and stumbled through it.

This does little to dispel talk that Lupe's ego is getting out of control, as failing to bother to learn the words for a tribute song doesn't look too good.

Lupe took an L for that one...the irony lol..

Lupe's response:...Becuz Q-Tip Is My Friend And He Asked Me To...Oct-06-07 12:07 AM by FNF UP UP AND AWAY

So I've explained this to a lot of people...let me name drop a few:

#1 Fab 5 Freddy

#2 Q-TIP!!!!...THAT'S RIGHT THE LEADER OF THE GROUP HIMSELF!!!

#3 Common

#4 Questlove

and more....ahem....

"I DID NOT GROW UP ON ATCQ!!!..."

THE LITTLE GHETTO KID FROM THE MEAN STREETS OF THE WESTSIDE OF CHICAGO GREW UP ON SPICE 1, 8-BALL & MJG, NWA AND SNOOP DOGG...

I WASNT A BACKPACKER RAP ENTHUSIAST!!!...I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE...I GREW UP ON GANGSTA RAP!!!

HAVE I LISTENED TO MM IN ITS ENTIRETY?...NO!!!...(Sorry Quest)...

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES AND YOUR SACRED COWS...SOME OF YA'LL MAKE ME SICK...

AND FYI WHEN IT WAS INITIALLY OFFERED TO ME I TURNED IT DOWN BECAUSE I FELT IT WAS OUT OF PLACE FOR ME TO BE HONORING THEM BECAUSE WHILE I WAS FULLY AWARE OF THEIR IMPACT IN HIP-HOP I WASNT REALLY AWARE OF THEIR MUSIC LIKE THAT...BUT GUESS WHO WANTED ME TO BE APART OF IT....HMMMM...HOW ABOUT...Q-TIP!!!...

SO NOW ARE YOU GOING TO HATE ON "ATCQ" BECAUSE THEY WANTED SOMEBODY WHO DIDNT REALLY KNOW THERE MUSIC TO HONOR THEM BY COVERING SOME OF THEIR MUSIC?...THINK ON THAT OKP'S

P.S. I FORGET THE WORDS TO SOME OF MY OWN SONGS ON STAGE...HEY IT HAPPENS...

THE COOL DEC. 18TH...

"SUPERSTAR"

A HYPE WILLIAMS PRODUCTION

COMING SOON

Lupe's response:...Becuz Q-Tip Is My Friend And He Asked Me To...Oct-06-07 12:07 AM by FNF UP UP AND AWAY

So I've explained this to a lot of people...let me name drop a few:

#1 Fab 5 Freddy

#2 Q-TIP!!!!...THAT'S RIGHT THE LEADER OF THE GROUP HIMSELF!!!

#3 Common

#4 Questlove

and more....ahem....

"I DID NOT GROW UP ON ATCQ!!!..."

THE LITTLE GHETTO KID FROM THE MEAN STREETS OF THE WESTSIDE OF CHICAGO GREW UP ON SPICE 1, 8-BALL & MJG, NWA AND SNOOP DOGG...

I WASNT A BACKPACKER RAP ENTHUSIAST!!!...I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE...I GREW UP ON GANGSTA RAP!!!

HAVE I LISTENED TO MM IN ITS ENTIRETY?...NO!!!...(Sorry Quest)...

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES AND YOUR SACRED COWS...SOME OF YA'LL MAKE ME SICK...

AND FYI WHEN IT WAS INITIALLY OFFERED TO ME I TURNED IT DOWN BECAUSE I FELT IT WAS OUT OF PLACE FOR ME TO BE HONORING THEM BECAUSE WHILE I WAS FULLY AWARE OF THEIR IMPACT IN HIP-HOP I WASNT REALLY AWARE OF THEIR MUSIC LIKE THAT...BUT GUESS WHO WANTED ME TO BE APART OF IT....HMMMM...HOW ABOUT...Q-TIP!!!...

SO NOW ARE YOU GOING TO HATE ON "ATCQ" BECAUSE THEY WANTED SOMEBODY WHO DIDNT REALLY KNOW THERE MUSIC TO HONOR THEM BY COVERING SOME OF THEIR MUSIC?...THINK ON THAT OKP'S

P.S. I FORGET THE WORDS TO SOME OF MY OWN SONGS ON STAGE...HEY IT HAPPENS...

THE COOL DEC. 18TH...

"SUPERSTAR"

A HYPE WILLIAMS PRODUCTION

COMING SOON

It's good old hip hop but whatever. I've been listening to this for a week now and it's amazing.

buckwildoth_rarestudi_101b.jpg

BuckWild - Diggin` In The Crates (Rare Studio Masters`93-`97)(2007) (2 Discs)

01 04:31 Channel Live Ft Krs-One - Mad Izm (Original Remix)

02 03:51 Nas Ft Az - Lifes A Bitch (Remix Number 1)

03 03:44 Artifacts Ft Busta Rhymes - Cmon Wit Da Git Down

(Remix)

04 04:14 Lord Finesse - Hip 2 Da Game (Remix)

05 03:56 Brand Nubian - Word Is Bond (Remix)

06 04:06 Beastie Boys Ft Q-Tip - Get It Together (Remix)

07 04:30 Jemini The Gifted One - Scars and Pain

08 03:40 Ak Skills - Nights Of Fear

09 03:32 Big L - Mvp (Remix Number 1)

10 04:13 Funkdoobiest - Rock On (Remix)

11 04:05 Ill Biskits - A Better Day

12 05:05 Grand Puba Ft Sadat X - I Like It (Remix)

13 04:40 Reservoir Doggs - Back To Berth

14 04:31 Kool Keith - Yo Black (Remix)

15 05:00 F.A.T.A.L. Fountain - All About Wars

16 03:48 O.C. - Burn Me Slow

17 03:55 Little Indian Ft The Foreigner - One Little Indian

(Remix)

18 03:49 Chubb Rock - What A Year

19 04:00 Mike Zoot - Live and Stink

CD2

01 04:19 Organized Konfusion - Bring It On (Remix)

02 03:44 Show and A.G. - You Know Now (Remix)

03 04:15 Bushwackas - Caught Up In The Game

04 04:11 Guru Ft Bahamadia - Respect The Architect (Remix)

05 04:33 Tha Alkaholiks - Daaam (Remix)

06 04:30 Street Smartz - Problemz

07 04:02 Brand Nubian - Rockin It

08 03:34 Big L - Mvp (Remix Number 2)

09 04:28 Black Sheep - North South East West (Remix)

10 04:06 Jemini The Gifted One - Story Of My Life

11 04:34 Diamond D Ft Sadat X and Lord Finesse - You Cant

Front

12 03:23 Nas Ft Az - Lifes A Bitch (Remix Number 2)

13 03:36 Sadat X Ft Grand Puba and Lord Jamar - The Lump

Lump (Nubian Mix)

14 04:39 Special Ed - Lyrics (Remix)

15 03:41 Channel Live - Mad Izm (Remix)

16 03:23 Lace Da Booms Ft Kwaze Modoe and Royal Flush - Cut

That Weak Shit (Remix)

17 02:39 O.C. - Love Child

18 03:18 Rakim - Guess Whos Back (Remix)

19 04:04 Reservoir Doggs - The Difference

20 04:17 Mystidious Misfits - I Be (Remix)

pm me for details

Actually, he didn't do anywhere as bad as Phonte or anti-Lupe people make it out to be (Two bars)...so sorry to disappoint, but that's not worth taping. I think the person who should be most offended here, is Q-Tip, since it's his verse & the shit Lupe said about not listening to his music..but he's not, so it's not that big a deal. He still should've just apologized and kept it moving though.

ya it wasnt a big deal. dude still acted like a bitch about it in that thing you quoted. but the actual performance wasnt all that embarassing. in other vh1 news, i think phife is on crack or has aids. dude looked maddddddd hurt. busta destroyed it for a pregnant guy, though.

also, i finally found a way to appreciate soulja boy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68

New nas track is OK. I wish he would just put out a banger. Something simillar to the track he did with Game.

...Yeah, that track was hot, sorry.

but have you seen him dance?

There was actually some footage of him pop-locking on stage or something awhile back...but I know what you meant lol.

but have you seen him dance?

Nothing like having The Games, elephant trunk style banana hammock in your face. Balls bouncing to the beat of "In The Club". Uhhhh.

In other news:

I cant wait for Murs new album - MURS For President.

dum i clicked that hoping it was beans of anti pop. boy was i disapointed. im kinda anticipating the new murs, even though i think hes totally generic. i just really wanna see how he adapts to being on a major and see how well the guest spots work out. i know hes doing a track with snoop, i hope that makes the final cut.