good hip hop

tDZYtdTb3D4

How are you going to post a video I already posted? You just logged on and said, 'fuck you ktothe, nobody reads your shit anyways'.

Thats not OK.

BCUZ IT IS

B ON DA LOOKOUT 4 CORNELL WESTS NEW RAP ALBUM YALL

Cornell West(side killa)

wtf??? nah i was l8 n i saw dat nikka he was l8 2 so he smile n laugh i laugh bak.

WE ON CPT feelme???

Ahahaha.I wish I could rep for this. Im going to create 10 new accounts to rep you 10 times.

Not really though, but in a perfect world...

I don’t know where Cam’ron is, but I sure as hell know where Jay-Z is. He’s at a studio in Manhattan, CEO in full artist mode, feeling inspired and making his first true “concept” album. No he still doesn’t write his rhymes down but a pen and paper is getting heavy use today. It has the rough titles of the 14 songs Jigga has created and he’s carefully trying to create the perfect musical sequence for his new album. Inspired by the Denzel Washington flick that stays in rotation on a TV screen above him, Jay wants the album to tell a story from beginning to end.

He’s 100% sure he wants the album to begin with a song called “Pray,” his most intricate and vivid storytelling since the severely-underrated “Meet The Parents.” I believe it’s one of the four songs that will make the album that was produced by Puffy and the Hitmen. That’s right, Puffy and the Hitmen.

Jay told me a funny story in the elevator on the way to get his first look at the Hype Williams-directed “Blue Magic” video. He said Puff would always bug him like, “Nigga let me executive produce your next album.” Jay would basically be like, “What the fuck you talkin’ about? I’m a boss. And you’re a boss. That don’t even make any sense.” But finally Hova gave in and agreed to at least listen to what the Shiny Suit man had cookin’ in the stu. Surprisingly, he was blown away.

Supposedly, Puff had gotten all the D-Dots, Amen-Ras, Nashiems, Stevie J’s and Carlos Broadys back together again and they’ve been creating some funky 70’s soul inspired grooves. Jay asked Puff, “What are you doing with these tracks?” Puff was like, “I don’t even know. It’s just some cool shit, I listen to around my house. Walking around with my socks on and shit.”

Just how Just Blaze’s work inspired the beginning of Kingdom Come, the Hitmen tracks built the foundation of American Gangster. As it’s been widely reported (NY Times I see ya), most of Jay’s vocal content recounts hustler tales over neck snapping beats. Jay likens it to the lyrical side of Reasonable Doubt meets the musical majesty of Blueprint.

The album marriages Jay’s real life experiences like buying out the bar with his hustler buddies (the d-boy celebratory next release “Roc Boys”) with songs inspired by scenes from the movie. Notably, the one where Denzel as Frank Lucas is distraught that his nephew played by T.I. has abandoned his dreams of being professional baseball player and wants to get into the “family business.” Jay moved by that scene applies it his own cautionary lesson to his nephews for them to always stay on the right path.

Fuck what ya heard. Truth be told, “Blue Magic” is not even one of the strongest songs on the album. But Jay insists it was the best way to introduce the direction of the new record. (“Let’s take ‘em to the ‘80s, before we take ‘em to the ‘70s.”) The other record that the Imperial Skateboard P did, is the only song that sounds like it could be a commercial smash. It’s a song about the effect of heroin disguised as a love song. The rest here is straight gutter. A lot of “aggressive content” for you goofies and doofies.

Tracks like “Success” (produced by No ID “The Mentor”) will have your trunk rattling as well as the somewhat Dream-inspired “No Hook.” Light on the choruses, Jigga flourishes when he addresses some of the hot stove topics you want him to touch on. DeHaven, the mad extorter, gets it on a couple of tracks. And Beyonce, the fiancée?, gets a dedicated verse on which Jay declares, “She’s on my dick and I’m on her bra strap.” Besides y’all haters of the male persuasion couldn’t afford to take ole girl on a “million dollar vacation” like the big homie.

As it stands now, the album has a surprising end. The final song is called “Fallen,” produced by Jermaine Dupri. That’s right Prez Carter’s supposed corporate rival. Bilal’s on the hook but again this ain’t no commercial ish. It aims to bring the whole album full circle. That as always, gangstas don’t get chubby and move to Miami, they end up in jail or they die. Thankfully, American Gangster will prove Young Hova’s career is alive and well.

Loose Ends:

There’s a DJ Toomp track Jay is still working on and another one with a Marvin Gaye sample that Jay still feels needs some more production muscle. There’s also a new version of “Ignorant Shit” that features Beanie Sigel (the only guest rapper I heard so far) and Jay lets Imus have it in the final verse.

Jesus, that’s it for now, I got an interview to prepare for. Any of you fuckers got any questions you want me to ask the Great One, holla atcha boy. Y’all owe me.

yes.

DJ TOOMP FUK YES.

tbh we dont need more songs about getting lots of money from working really hard. but DJ TOOMP. i am excited for that. his jamz...HOLY FUK. on sum nxt lvl shit with them regal synths

yes.

DJ TOOMP FUK YES.

tbh we dont need more songs about getting lots of money from working really hard. but DJ TOOMP. i am excited for that. his jamz...HOLY FUK. on sum nxt lvl shit with them regal synths

This is the guy who did Can't Tell Me Nothin' and... I feel like it's The Good Life probably? Need more info, The Good Life was great. Haven't heard anything from him off Kanye records.

edit: nevermind found his wikipedia page. Holy shit.

party fun action committee "lets get serious"

please tell me someone else on here knows whats up with this album. i shoulda know is some serious quality.

is this out on def jux? i slept on these cats for a while but i saw themand some otehr def jux b listers live and i kinda got my mind blown. throw down a link so i can peep it. y@k ballz and hangar 18 are puttin out new shit soon that i need to stay up on also.

about that jigga album: im pretty excited about it if hes not going for a commercial appeal. but he kinda says that everytime so i wont take it without a grain of salt. dude needs to make something hard if he doesnt want to end up on the beastie boy circuit of grown man sit that doesnt get radio love. but seriosuly, beanie seagal as the only guest rapper? jays a better businessman than that.

1. Hip-hop still has a bad rap:

“I’ve got this joke that I tell people all time: If a Cambodian immigrant got pregnant by a Chihuahua, they would blame it on hip-hop. I saw not just Congress, but America using hip-hop as a conduit to attack poor people. And they admitted in Congress that things you see are more detrimental than things that you hear, but movies, they don’t talk about Scorsese, they’re not talking about Steven Spielberg or Stephen King, and I’m wondering, ‘How can they do hard movies and I can’t do hard music?’â€

2. Racism prevents David Banner from rocking like the Police or Johnny Cash:

“One of my top three groups in the world is the Police. I love the old Police with Sting and the drummer holding the drum sticks the old-school drumline way … I happen to fall upon ‘Murder By Numbers.’ [sings] ‘Murder by numbers, one, two, three … easy to learn as your A, B, Cs.’ He said in the song the best way to kill a man is put poison in his coffee. You look at ‘Wrapped Around Your Finger,’ that was a stalker song. Johnny Cash said he wanted to kill a man just for the sake of killing him. But that’s ‘art.’ So basically what you’re telling me is that [rap is] not art because we’re black.â€

3. Oprah is wack (and all anyone really wants is Sex and the City):

“Come on, Oprah. You’re from Mississippi, girl. I don’t mind what you do as a black leader, but if you’re not going to take up for black people, then don’t criticize them. You don’t have to talk about us — stick to your books. When you talked about us, you didn’t put T.I., Nelly and Snoop Dogg on there. You put Common on there, and Common don’t call women bitches and ho’s, so you’re not talking about him, so he shouldn’t have to defend something he does not do. But if you notice, that same week, she had a birthday party, and they showed her shaking her ass to 50 Cent. So we talk about positive music, but American people don’t buy it. I want you to go buy Talib Kweli. Go buy it! Please do! I don’t care what kind of rap you buy, just by rap music. As long as we leave rap here for another generation, I don’t care what kind of rap it is — gangsta rap, international rap, Russian rap, country and western rap, I don’t give a shit. But the thing is, we are hypocrites. We say we want this, but we really want the WWF. We really want Sex and the City.â€

4. Mother Nature is conspiring against David Banner (as is the press):

“Have you noticed every time one of my albums come out, there’s a big tragedy in the world? Last time it was Katrina, so I had to spend the whole time talking about Katrina. I threw the largest urban benefit concert in history — why did I not get the cover of Rolling Stone? If I would have killed someone or got shot a million times … [but] do all the stuff that I’ve done, from Katrina to the scholarship programs, all the stuff that you say black people should do, I don’t get no light for that. But if I tell Al Sharpton to suck my dick, everybody will talk about that.â€

5. People should fucking be able to talk the way they fucking want to:

“Why is it that if we talk about ‘Fuck tha Police,’ people concentrate on the ‘fuck’ and don’t concentrate on police brutality against young back men? Why doesn’t Congress listen to our music more as a message? You know it and I know, be real with yourself, dude. That’s how we fucking talk. ‘Shit, man, fuck, man, fuck the police, man. Yo, what up, what’s going down in the ‘hood today, shit is fucked up where I’m from.’ I hate when people get in front of important people and forget who they are and act like they don’t go to strip clubs. Man, half of them people up there are probably freaks themselves. We just saw that with a congressman recently in a bathroom soliciting sex.â€