good hip hop

Yes .. we need more of RBW's grime posts. Any news on material from Big H or Prez T?

Both them are AWOL as far as I know. Don't know if I gave you that old ass meridian set with JME, H, Dan, and Pres T, but I should if not.

we definately need a higher grime quotient up in this bitch. i cant find any good sources for d/ls or news. but im a newb to grime anyway, so i dont really even know what to look for.

That's what my grime/dubstep thread was for, but that shit always drops to the bottom dumb quick, and it gets tiresome posting sets no one checks for anymore.

Maybe I'll just post here.

To start:

New 30 minute set.

The infamous DJ mak 10- Feat Ghetto & Big Seac.

New Bars from Ghetts, old classics from Seac. Sick selection and mixing from Mak.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vkif6m

New Murs is slightly generic, but he raps about shit im interested in so I keep listening. Though you should check out his old shit. Murs circa 1996 is ridiculous. He was so hungry and fierce. Look for the Bac For No Good Reason EP. Its an old tape, so it might be difficult to track down. But its raw cali rap at its best. Oldschool Living Legends ish.

Im going to check out the grime post....

the grime set was okay, not astounding. i familiar wiht old murs. melancholy gypsys and old living legends. was never a fan. i almost liked him for a bit on his def jux records and i like his felt material, but mostly cause slug. do you got an advance of his new album? i wasnt diggin 3:16 but i heard one or two tracks from murrays revenge and they werent all that bad.

the grime set was okay, not astounding. i familiar wiht old murs. melancholy gypsys and old living legends. was never a fan. i almost liked him for a bit on his def jux records and i like his felt material, but mostly cause slug. do you got an advance of his new album? i wasnt diggin 3:16 but i heard one or two tracks from murrays revenge and they werent all that bad.

I dont think there is an advance out yet. As far as I know he's still in the studio.

I enjoyed the grime set. Its completely changed my opinion off grime, because all Ive heard before is that pop shit, like the Streets, which isnt my thing. Im interested in hearing more.

yo spank rock just released an ep with benny blanco under the bangers and cash and its a tribute to 2 live crew. shit is so face shattering. cant wait til they put out the singles.

check www.myspace.com/spankrock and put a bucket in front of your dick.

This is hard shit. Nobody understands why im Harlem shaking in my chair, but they will...

lacquered:

theres just as many people who are perpetually stuck in some mid 90s 4 elements, true school temple of hip hop bullshit.

it irks me when kids talk about hip hop monolithically, as if it hasnt branched out to cover anything your heart disires in its 30 years. its not that rappers arent trying, your just not looking hard enough.

lacquered:

theres just as many people who are perpetually stuck in some mid 90s 4 elements, true school temple of hip hop bullshit.

it irks me when kids talk about hip hop monolithically, as if it hasnt branched out to cover anything your heart disires in its 30 years. its not that rappers arent trying, your just not looking hard enough.

common, talib, mos def, ex-rawkus niggaz, the rootz

scion tc ( u gota customize it yo, u gettin da new rear spoiler joint???), gap sponsorship, "more dunkz than sense" works at footlocker philipino

i miss SOS he put it best.

nigga wat u got dat bakpak 4??? u tryin 2 boost??? U AINT NO BUCKSHOT.

I don't follow hip hop news too well and don't even think I've heard any cam post-purple haze but apparently he's dissappeared? And I saw all the dipset/g-unit shit. Fuck that shit.

Cam needs to do lots of drugs, become fucking crazy and disown jim jones. And fuck Juelz as well. Hoes.

u haven't heard killa season? duke da god vol. 1 and 2?

cam is working on an album, then there's diplomatic immunity vol 3 and juelz' upcoming album in the works.

but yea, jim jones wanted cam out of dipset after that anderson cooper interview, and i don't think he can do that, since cam founded it, but anyway he still hollerin at dipset even though he's in talks w/ g-unit which is whack, but it's all about the money for him.

I don't follow hip hop news too well and don't even think I've heard any cam post-purple haze but apparently he's dissappeared? And I saw all the dipset/g-unit shit. Fuck that shit.

Cam needs to do lots of drugs, become fucking crazy and disown jim jones. And fuck Juelz as well. Hoes.

dum, keep me up to date about that, is the dipset/g-unit merger on?

i heard lupe kinda fucked up, but you probably talked about it yet.

lupes been fuckin up since he came out.

g unit is viral, they eat up everyone. fiddy is kinda oportunistic about it, though. he jumps on talent when they are low and then brings them out in a way that kinda sucks. mobb deep deserve better, i hope MOP dont get played like that. if they sign jim jones, they will transform him into some hybrid gangsta pop that noone will understand.

I don't really know, gfunk's bringing the dipset news.

Yeah, lupe fucked up, check the last page.

NESK, I mostly like Cam, the rest of them are cool. Jim Jones I always hated though. And yeah their beats are usually dope.

in theory, i like cam. i love his bet freestyles, i loved him on kanyes last album, i check his albnums when my friends buy them. but i cant justify getting behind dipset as a whole. they seem like one giant gimmick that floats off of naive listeners. and peaople screaming DIPSET in the street annoy me like people who quote dave chappelle at any chance. im probably just an elitist, though.

nah i liked it, i listend thoroughly and it was nice. i just wasnt jizzing all over my itunes, ya know.

but you should bring on some more becuase i have no means of exposure to good grime and your helping me cope. ktothe was feeling it to, so lets keep it rolling.

how do you feel about dizzee and wiley, are they the kanyes of the grime scene? i have no formal education in UK hip hop so i pretty much buy whatever makes it over here and hope its the good stuff. luckily i passed on the lady slobberin hype cause i reconized a gimmick when i saw it. thank god i idnt fall for that, i have enough coasters as is.