I'm tired of raw jeans

6MT

i know alot of you will hate me, wants to flame me, and def. not agree with me, but truth to be told, i'm really getting tired of looking at and reading about raw jeans.

it's entirely my opinion. it has nothing to do with any of my comrads here. but some one has to say it.

i would love to discuss technical (i.e design or construction) details rather than looking at another pair 501s or 501 repros. especially the repros, they are base on a pair granpa's jeans, the shape and cut does not flatter a modern body. i had apir canes and fucken gave it away, thats how much i'm tire of it.

thats what i'm talking about, it's to the point jeans is getting kind of boring with its been another repros. i want chages, i want variations, i want color, i want cool lil detail so i could savor it down the road.

on that note, keep us update as you progress

haha, I don't know if that was meant to be sarcastic or not, but if it was, that was pretty good. :P

As far as the design/construction-side of them goes, I'm surprised to see chainstitching all throughout the waist and at the bottom hems. I'm quite impressed. I figured they were constructed like APC jeans.

haha, I don't know if that was meant to be sarcastic or not, but if it was, that was pretty good. :P

As far as the design/construction-side of them goes, I'm surprised to see chainstitching all throughout the waist and at the bottom hems. I'm quite impressed. I figured they were constructed like APC jeans.

Yeah, I was really surprised at this also, it's even on the inside of the back pockets!

Regarding the whole repro thing, Im in total agreement as they are not the most flattering jeans and given the fact that I wear 27-28 in most jeans I just cant get down with repros. Having said that I try like hell not to be a taste nazi, hito sore zore.

N.

Lately, I've been wishing that I had to wear a suit to work. I keep coming across nice dress shoes (DSW has a few different pairs of Allen Edmonds for a bargain), but I have nothing to wear them with. I'm getting a little tired of feeling like a damn scrub. I've also been thinking of cutting my hair.

Well, I'm not going to rush it. I'm not going to go quietly...

Coffee.

hmm, i still definitely get excited when i get a brand new pair of raw denim. it just makes me happy, i keep it around raw for days so that i can admire the crispness -- enjoy its virginity, so to speak.

when i finally put it through a soak and/or a wash, it's also really exciting to me how it changes. i haven't bought repeat pairs, yet, so it's kind of a nice surprise/discovery every time. i don't see myself getting bored of it anytime soon.

Lately, I've been wishing that I had to wear a suit to work. I keep coming across nice dress shoes (DSW has a few different pairs of Allen Edmonds for a bargain), but I have nothing to wear them with. I'm getting a little tired of feeling like a damn scrub. I've also been thinking of cutting my hair.

Well, I'm not going to rush it. I'm not going to go quietly...

Coffee.

i feel you, man. my work attire is mandatory business casual. i hate business casual. it's not dressy, it's not casual. just in between. it sucks. can't wear jeans. even on friday.

i used to not give a fuck and wear a suit and tie anyways, but people at work always made fun of me and were always asking if i was interviewing at a different company.

i wish we could wear jeans.

---------------

but to address the thread's original topic, yeah, there's only so far you can go with repros. i really like my XX-005s, they have a modern cut but with nice super slubby denim. i've also been feeling nicely pre-distressed jeans.

im still lovin the raw baby, 24/7 lets do dis! yee hawwww. "raw imma give it to ya,with no trivia,like raw jeans straihgt from osaka, these sammies 5000vx will rock and shock the nation it be the emancipation proclamation!!"

i used to not give a fuck and wear a suit and tie anyways, but people at work always made fun of me and were always asking if i was interviewing at a different company.

zackly. luckily, i can wear jeans to work...

well, if you are sick of raw jeans, just wash 'em. problem solved.

yeah, it almost feels like a betrayal. this is a gang were in,blood in blood out. if anybody wants out of the raw cult. they have to get jumped by a few people in the familia! lol j/k

38GROUP2.JPG

zackly. luckily, i can wear jeans to work...

well, if you are sick of raw jeans, just wash 'em. problem solved.

yeah, it almost feels like a betrayal. this is a gang were in,blood in blood out. if anybody wants out of the raw cult. they have to get jumped by a few people in the familia! lol j/k

38GROUP2.JPG

Those kids look like that old character on Living Color...Handyman, with their fingers all tarded up like that.

I wanna seem some jeans in different colors, deeply dyed preferably. And I wanna see them used and faded like everyone in here does with the indigoes. Brown would be sweet.

Construction wise, I'd like to see some different details, interesting prints on the pockets (camo, polka dot, whatever), new colors for the stitching that can be seen on the outside (not tacky colors though, please, but anything but yellow or orange or their cousins), and different pocket styles (like One True Saxon's shield pockets, or others).

Cinchbacks on the waistline or on the back are interesting (just bought some Zara dark blue denims, their premium line, for the cinchback, and because it was on sale for $25 from $100, oh hellz yeah).

I must have too many pair of raws to get bored.

They're all diffferent, they're all beautiful.

That being said, I still put on the occasional washed piece, albeit only one out of every 100 days.

Word.....I am not into raw anymore. My couches are white and I find that lighter jeans often look much better with the outfits I wear. Plus, I am glad I don't have an obsession and/or compulsion to buy $300 Japanese jeans. I am sure it is for the better.

:cool:

Everyone who is tired of their raw denim, please remember your SF homies and put them up on supermarket before flinging 'em into the ebyss... thanks.

we will never forget the homies here, but the here is the thing, SF isn't for raw denim only, it has some how we mutated into raw selvedge denim sluts....and how that happen i dont know.

i just want to discuss something different other than "i got the latest JP denim....."

i'm sorry, i dont mean to offend anyone, and i know what i say here will contracdicted with what i had done before, but i just think having the most hardcore j denim dont make you any more stylish, we for sure knows more than the average joe who is deciding between TR and citizen, and for sure the knowledge we posses on denim alone is a very valuable sources...but there is more out there.

correct me if i'm wrong, by all means, "we" have turn SF into a globaly known think-tank, and i feel the tpoics has been staggering on something that dont need much brain power. dont get me wrong, it is entertaining. i love it. but what i would like to do is encourage and challenge my fellow SF comrads to think and transcend our self into a another level.

lets discover, talk about colors, talk about trends, talk about the lil details that makes you spend 300 dollars on.

Nothing wrong with trying to find the next level!

I have always liked the idea of denim in different colors but usually the available choices are disappointing in some way.

I remember having some wheat-colored and some brown Edwins time back way back, I wore them to death. I also dyed some blue Levis brown using procion dye and got an interesting hue.

I also like red jeans but those are hard to pull off. It helps to be really skinny and in a band.

I don't care much for the neon color Cali-Xs from Julian Red but I guess they might look good on someone.

I have been wearing jeans a long time and plan to keep wearing them. I have enjoyed many variations over the years and look forward to more.

Once I had some Britannia jeans with leather pocket "lips", maybe that trend will come back. I loved those jeans.

Word.....I am not into raw anymore. My couches are white and I find that lighter jeans often look much better with the outfits I wear. Plus, I am glad I don't have an obsession and/or compulsion to buy $300 Japanese jeans. I am sure it is for the better.

:cool:

I agree. I was never really obsessed with "raw denim" persay but clothes in general. I wear alot of one-washes which look better with the things that I choose to wear. Although i find it interesting at times, I feel no need to spend major loot on JP repros or any other denim. But if you have any vintage movie action figures....i may take them off your hands.