Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

second that. even with the sizing I was surprised to be a straight 9.5. I tried a really simple pair of boots: black, calfskin, no captoe. They looked so normal and still classy enough to have some dinner with any given dictator after a long workday in the field.

actually I will sell almost all the shoes I accumulated over the years, which mistreated my big toes regardless of the many tries to find the right size and width.

so anybody willing to sell modified last aldens? I'm here.

You should contact The Shoe Mart and have them put you on the factory seconds email list. There are a lot of factory seconds in the modified last. A typical shell cordo second will run you like $400, or a calf skin Alden, $265 or so. I have a pair of factory seconds black shells and the only blemish I see is a little scuff on the leather on the arch of the shoe right next to where it meets the sole, so it is barely noticeable.

You should contact The Shoe Mart and have them put you on the factory seconds email list. There are a lot of factory seconds in the modified last. A typical shell cordo second will run you like $400, or a calf skin Alden, $265 or so. I have a pair of factory seconds black shells and the only blemish I see is a little scuff on the leather on the arch of the shoe right next to where it meets the sole, so it is barely noticeable.

will do so. thank you for this.

Decided to purchase some commando soled boots in Jan and bought some Sanders Cheltenham , these have been worn for close to three months . Great boots and value for money , fully leather lined with bellows tongue .better by far than the Loakes I had previously owned . Polish up fantastically well . Went and bought a pair of Regent (owned by Sanders) dealer boots in tan grain with dainite sole last week , £79 quid new on ebay - bargain !!

001-9.jpg

002-8.jpg

Sanders (Cheltenham)

003-8.jpg

Regent/Sanders (Haydock)

Hey Northern,

I think most would recommend you to Alden's waxed laces for those boots, which look good

Personally, i am a fan of rawhide leather laces that are used with Whites, Wescos and Vibergs

you can order them from their websites and cut them down to size.

skip out on the cheap ones Kiwi makes

TheNorthern - those look fantastic! I agree with Davichan's recommendations for laces! :)

CTB - those C&J's look great - are they are roughout??

These arrived just before we left for the cottage - they're breaking in nicely up here, although like the original Context Roy boots, they were like butter right out of the box! ;) I think the 2 Roys are my all-time favourite Aldens...

8e9e9914.jpg

exactly what i needed, thanks mane!

Hey Northern,

I think most would recommend you to Alden's waxed laces for those boots, which look good

Personally, i am a fan of rawhide leather laces that are used with Whites, Wescos and Vibergs

skip out on the cheap ones Kiwi makes

The L.L. Bean boots I picked up are what they call a 'sample.' Each L.L. Bean store gets one of somethings from the new season and marks it down.

Those boots I paid $90 for are easily $190 - $250 out of the catalog.

But they're more than likely discontinued.. most of the stuff they make is a limited run. I know this because my mom worked at a L.L. Bean store.

On the inside of the tong it reads '82399 602 10 D'

I'm not sure if any of that is the item number.

L.L. Bean has other great footwear here.

Wish I could've found them for ya..

Honestly, I had gotten lucky.

I went into the store not expecting to find a great boot in my size. I was close to purchasing some dress shoes, until my girlfriend dug these size 10 boots out of the size nine section.

i feel as if these L.L. Bean boots can suffice that look.

Where to kop these ll bean signature boots? Cant find them anywhere..

Just took my Alden Roy boots in for new soles and a few repairs. I am getting the Vibram mini lug sole put on for a little more durability and because I wore a hole on the inside heel of on the right boot they are stitching in a 3 inch wide leather stip on the inside heel of each boot from the insole to the top of the ankle. This is the sole I chose from what they had. Can't wait to get them back. Pictures when they are done.

%21Bls0fc%21%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrHqEOKjkEtkfgq%211kBLcu08f7Ow%7E%7E_12.JPG

I need to get some heavy duty laces, suggestions ?

I like the thick leather laces as well. I think the Viberg Service Boots look so damn nice with the leather laces.

I wanted to upgrade to that style lace on my Wolverine 1K's so I bought the thickest Latigo lace I could find at Tandy.

The 'Leather Boot Lace" they sell prepackaged in 72" or 108" is 1/8" thick Latigo lace. I bought a 50' spool of the next size up, 5/32". It was a lighter brown than I wanted so I treated with Obenauf's LP and it darkened the laces up perfectly.

If you PM me your address and the length of the existing laces, I'll send you a length. I have enough latigo lace to last a lifetime.

Here's the 5/32" leather.

DSC_8195.jpg

DSC_8165.jpg

Here's the OEM flat lace:

DSC_7817j.jpg

I bought these 2 today, got a hell of a deal on them I thought.

I realize they don't count since someone else wore 'em in , but I figured they were beat to hell enough to share at least.

195832_10150119729186835_508016834_6996746_1877906_n.jpg

RW on left, unmarked/no brand on right

200328_10150119730211835_508016834_6996750_1321488_n.jpg

I am not familiar enough w/ Redwing to know what these numbers mean.

This is the only marking on that second pair:

198824_10150119730721835_508016834_6996752_1429336_n.jpg