Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

so my MTO trickers monkey boots order is slowly coming together...

just a few more details to make up my mind about, like should I go with a storm welt or a barbour welt? (on commando soles)

These are my Clarks Wallabees that I have had for the past 3 years. With fall finally coming around I will start to wear them again. I've treated them with some random leather conditioner a few times over the years.

100_3430.jpg

100_3431.jpg

100_3432.jpg

I noticed that the sole layers were separating the other day on my Red Wings. Not too sure what it is from or what if anything I should do about it. I haven't ever treated these boots. :confused:

100_3428.jpg

100_3429.jpg

I noticed that the sole layers were separating the other day on my Red Wings. Not too sure what it is from or what if anything I should do about it. I haven't ever treated these boots. :confused:

That's normal wear and tear. The glue along the edge of the mid-sole has deteriorated. I would only be worried if the welt stitching starts to break. The soles are tightly held together with the combination of the stitch and super strong glue. I don't think it'll breakdown past the welt / outsole stitch, so no worries.

Modified Last shoes and boots can be found at mouldedshoe.com or at their shop in Manhattan

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the note. I knew Moulded Shoe had the modified last, but when I looked on their site last week, I didn't see the French Calf PTB. The only thing I saw was the burnished calf and black calf. Mini's didn't look like any of the other burnished calf I have seen. Not sure if his are the same. Unfortunately, Mouldedshoes didn't have pics of their Burnished Calf PTBs. Anyway, hopefully Mini will chime in.

Thanks again. repped.

so what would u guys pick for a pair of MTO monkey boots, natural barbour welt and commando sole or natural storm welt with commando sole?

nah aint going for a moto ... go for a wesco or whites

if you directed that at me eddie, i'm talking trickers, not moto

MTO = made to order ;)

so what would u guys pick for a pair of MTO monkey boots, natural barbour welt and commando sole or natural storm welt with commando sole?

I vote for Barbour welt as the 'lip' of the welt looks rounder and cleaner than the square cut of the storm welt.

I think function wise they're not much different, and visually it is only a subtle difference.

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker_s/Custom_Made_Options/A_Barbour_Welt_in_Natural_Finish_2123.html