Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

They've had that stuff online for a while...

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/brand/57/trickers-for-the-bureau/

The cordovan super boot is a favourite of mine. And the Allan boot. And the suede super boot. And...

They have restocked recently . The cordovan looks amazing , didnt have time to try it on. My favourite , one of many , is the scotch grain stow boot with commando sole . It is a wonderful shop , an oasis in a desert of shite , i could literally spend hours brwsing in it .

Question for my engineer boot heads...

as i have been drooling all over MB's fantastic

vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com

if i want to own a great pair of new black engineer boots.

very up to craft.

what would be some suggestions?

i am currently considering:

-Wesco Boss

-RM Buco Horsehide

price aside,

is new Redwing really worth looking into?

i just think lesser of them nowadays compared to other boot manufactures.

thanks for the help..

Question for my engineer boot heads...

as i have been drooling all over MB's fantastic

vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com

if i want to own a great pair of new black engineer boots.

very up to craft.

what would be some suggestions?

i am currently considering:

-Wesco Boss

-RM Buco Horsehide

price aside,

is new Redwing really worth looking into?

i just think lesser of them nowadays compared to other boot manufactures.

thanks for the help..

I think Marineabilly and Demonito have the Buco's, so they can probably comment on those. And I think Marineabilly has both the Buco's and Wesco's, so he can give a comparison.

I personally have a pair of Wesco Boss, which I absolutely love. I highly recommend them, and their custom options allow you to build exactly what you want.

I would also suggest you consider Viberg, which I also own, as they also offer numerous custom options, and even more lasts and leather types. They also offer stitch down, or nailed down construction, which means you can get a Wesco-looking welt, or a more traditional welt.

I also considered the Red Wings, but I prefer not to have a hard toe, so I chose not to buy.

thank you rayw44!

this a great start for me..

if you could only have one of your,

wesco or viberge, which one would you keep?

being i have never worn an engineer type of boot before, and used to support from lace up boots, do you expect more natural heel slipping, or size down from your TTS?

thanks again..

thank you rayw44!

this a great start for me..

if you could only have one of your,

wesco or viberge, which one would you keep?

being i have never worn an engineer type of boot before, and used to support from lace up boots, do you expect more natural heel slipping, or size down from your TTS?

thanks again..

To pick would be very difficult, as my Vibergs are merlot colored, and my Wescos are black. They are very different boots, but I actually think I would keep the Vibergs because they are just supremely comfortable, and fit me so well.

Support can be an issue with an engineer, particularly in the heel like you mentioned. I find that my new engineers slip a bit in the heel at first, but if sized correctly they more or less mold to your feet and fit quite well. And the instep strap actually can provide some support. I usually pull my strap 1 hole tighter than the starting hole, and I end up with a slightly more supportive fit.

Wesco can also build your boots off of a foot tracing, which can help to eliminate the chance of a poor fit. I went with my stock size, 8.5D, in both, and found no problems with fit.

I find Buco very awesome and very refined. I tried these on back when I was in Japan, but hesitated pulling the trigger because of the price. If you got the dough, I say go for these. But if price is an issue, which it was for me, go for Viberg or Wesco. The options are just too great, especially with Viberg, to build your dream boot. The construction on these are miles above Red Wing. (and priced accordingly)

Buco's are great for that old school feeling right out of the box, but with Wesco and Viberg, you can get pretty close depending on what options you choose.

With any pull-up boot, it's going to be a bit looser, so I usually use a thicker insole to balance it. It's a different feeling than a laceup, but if your foot is sliding all over the place inside the boot, you've sized too big.

thank you coleslawyum...

yes i believe i saw them as well in the Tokyo Real McCoys shop like 2 years ago just looking beautiful as well.

i assume there is nowhere in NYC area to really see a Wesco, Viberg or Buco...

it really sucks having to shot blind every time i want to get a high quality boot living in this city.

I've been wearing Engineer Boots since early 1991 and have lost count of how many I've owned since then. Some fit perfect without the need for insoles and some were a size too big, but nothing insoles couldn't fix (they were just too amazing to pass up, regardless of the boot size). Having said that, I am used to not having the support that lace-up boots provide.

This is an easy fix by just adding a hole or two to whichever brand/type of Engineer Boot you end up with. I'd recommend a custom pair like Wesco or Viberg where you can provide a foot tracing for fit (although, I've read some people running into issues). If you aren't able to personally try boot, you'd end up swimming in them and the tightened buckle would end up in the middleof your instep.

There is going to be natural slipping with any pair of Engineer Boots, so this new style of boot for you will be an acquired taste.

I own the RM Buco's, TM Becks and Wesco Boss' and they all fit differently. I use thick running shoe insoles for my Buco's, none for my Becks and the thin perforated Dr. Scholl's insoles for my Wesco's. Unless you really buckle down on the instep strap, you will inevitably experience the "slipper" effect on this style of boot. Don't worry, you'll get used to them after you realize how awesome Engineer Boots are :)

Since I just picked up the MF Road Champ's, they've been getting the most love and these are the very first pair of Engineer Boots I've decided to buckle/unbuckle whenever I put them on/take them off; I've added two more holes to the instep.

In my own opinion (if you aren't in a time crunch to get your boots), I would jump on board the HH Viber Group Buy train. All the bells and whistles for a fraction of what you'd spend on the RM Buco's.

I've owned two (or was it three?) pairs of RW 2268's and got rid of each one of them after a short time, 'because they are just too big and cluncky. I really wanted to them to work, but no joy...

cheers.customers in the store always asked me how to treat roughout,in their catalogue RW recommends minkoil for my pair,so i gave it a try when the roads where full of snow and salt.the boots darkened a bit which i think looks great.apart from that i did nothing to them.

Jason, don't touch those... They look great. I love the brick soles... reminds me of saddle shoes. Is there a weird black thread on the toe stitch on the left one or is that just some dirt?

the longer I've been a part of this community, the more crass I got. i'm nothing like that irl, it's just people take this site way too seriously.

Goominim

there are plenty of other forums on SuFu for you to go be crass and and get appreciation and maybe even rep for.:D

But please,just let us boot heads be serious and keep this forum for those who really geek out and contribute to it.

It don't care about how crass you are, the whole post is pointless. Why even bother posting? "Wow. How did u size?", etc... So much of this absolutely useless, superfluous shit in superdenim these days. Do you really care if he sno-seals them? Of course they "looks fine as is", they're fucking expensive boots.

It don't care about how crass you are, the whole post is pointless. Why even bother posting? "Wow. How did u size?", etc... So much of this absolutely useless, superfluous shit in superdenim these days. Do you really care if he sno-seals them? Of course they "looks fine as is", they're fucking expensive boots.

wow, just wow…I was just asking him a question…bunch of rude jerks on this forum

Goominim

there are plenty of other forums on SuFu for you to go be crass and and get appreciation and maybe even rep for.:D

But please,just let us boot heads be serious and keep this forum for those who really geek out and contribute to it.

well I guess it wasn't the crassness that pissed him off, but my question or "discussion" :rolleyes:

every post I've ever made on this forum has been supportive and positive…

Jason, don't touch those... They look great. I love the brick soles... reminds me of saddle shoes. Is there a weird black thread on the toe stitch on the left one or is that just some dirt?

Thanks!

I'm not going to do shit to them other than wear em.

There's a little extra darkness around the holes on that part of the shoe for some reason. It looks like the wax from the thread stained the suede a little.