Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I am able to cop pairs of vintage work-shoes much like the ones rivet posted in numerous sizes...built-rite soles on most, cap toes, black, brown etc.

PM me if anyone is interested, I don't have pics but they are all in good vintage condition, willing to ship wherever if the price is right. If you are interested give me your shoe size and I will get back to you within a couple days with what I could find.

Looking for 75-100 shipped per pair depending on the condition (pics will be provided prior to sale of course)

1950's Sears Wearmaster work shoes I picked up at the Inspiration show...definitely aged a bit!

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

These are fuckin nuts. How much they set you back? How's the leather on them?

No, they felt a little stiff and I didn't want to be the one to break them. If the dealer broke them he had no recourse. No prior experience, just popped into my head at the time. Good though, huh?

I'll definitely will use that technique in the future... I almost bought a pair of the Whites shoes which look similar, but I like the Industrial / institution look of those sears much better....

I know this isn't the "This or that" thread, but I'm guessing the expertise that I need is in here.

Wolverine Apprentice

Thorogood Oxford

They will be used for work in an electronics manufacturing environment. Thanks in advance.

So I ordered my first pair of sd's directly from whites. Went with brown chrome excel, lowered block heel and double stitching. The process was pretty painless. I made my foot tracings and sent them a copy with all my specs. I stayed in contact with mark who I believe is the one in charge of all orders. Really nice guy who never seemed bothered with my check ins. I received the boots yesterday after about 5 weeks. Now I know why there's so much love for them here.

20e2c1ef.jpg

b4c37e66.jpg

af6060a7.jpg

Unfortunately, there's not a totally happy ending. When I ordered I assumed that when I speced a single midsole and a leather sole that I would end up with 2 layers of leather in the forefoot. As you can see in the pics they ended up making a single leather sole. I called white's immediately and was passed from mark to rob. He checked with the manufacturing dept and deduced that it would be easier for them to just make a new pair with the double leather sole than tear up the pair I received. They're sending me a shipping label and my new pair is in the works right now. Rob couldn't have been nicer about the misunderstanding. I can't say enough about how well I've been treated and highly recommend going directly through whites.

Btw, rob said he would be able to sell the old pair through their eBay store with no problem.

So I ordered my first pair of sd's directly from whites. Went with brown chrome excel, lowered block heel and double stitching. The process was pretty painless. I made my foot tracings and sent them a copy with all my specs. I stayed in contact with mark who I believe is the one in charge of all orders. Really nice guy who never seemed bothered with my check ins. I received the boots yesterday after about 5 weeks. Now I know why there's so much love for them here.

20e2c1ef.jpg

Unfortunately, there's not a totally happy ending. When I ordered I assumed that when I speced a single midsole and a leather sole that I would end up with 2 layers of leather in the forefoot. As you can see in the pics they ended up making a single leather sole. I called white's immediately and was passed from mark to rob. He checked with the manufacturing dept and deduced that it would be easier for them to just make a new pair with the double leather sole than tear up the pair I received. They're sending me a shipping label and my new pair is in the works right now. Rob couldn't have been nicer about the misunderstanding. I can't say enough about how well I've been treated and highly recommend going directly through whites.

Btw, rob said he would be able to sell the old pair through their eBay store with no problem.

glad to hear they're getting it fixed for you. I'm still not sold on the block heel though.

How was the fit?

response has been overwhelming, so here's some sample shots of the work shoes i'm able to get. generally they are exactly the same as these if not very very similar. The colors range from light brown to black, all seem to be in virtually unworn condition. Sole bending will be performed upon request ;)

rsepsj.jpg

106zz1c.jpg

wvsug4.jpg

11t1l39.jpg

samples shown are 11.5 (light brown) and a 9.5 (dark brown) 11.5's are spoken for

So I ordered my first pair of sd's directly from whites...

b4c37e66.jpg

af6060a7.jpg

Fit was spot on. It's a shame there was the misunderstanding. I could tell they would be all day long comfortable. Seemed weird to trace my feet but now I'm a believer.

Those do look great. I am so torn between a boot like your or the Viberg Service Boot in Mocha, like these spec'd by kiya:

web.jpg

viberg-svcboot-mochabrwn-horweencalf-2.jpg

One consideration would be price. Anybody know the price difference between the above two pairs of boots from Whites and Viberg?

response has been overwhelming, so here's some sample shots of the work shoes i'm able to get. generally they are exactly the same as these if not very very similar. The colors range from light brown to black, all seem to be in virtually unworn condition. Sole bending will be performed upon request ;)

rsepsj.jpg

samples shown are 11.5 (light brown) and a 9.5 (dark brown) 11.5's are spoken for

What are these!?

I'm having a love affair...... (Sorry Alden, White's, Trickers, C&J)

5446037060_7a8d967660_z.jpg

5446038920_bbceb3b92c_z.jpg

Thanks Riff and Morse for your perfect sizing advice. They are spot on, sized up half from Alden barrie if anyone needs a reference.

What model is this?

It's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 cheaper for whites...

Vibergs seems really awesome--The price just seems a bit much for me though.

Thanks for the clarification. I figure a pair of White's SD's would run me ~$500 and according to your post the Vibergs are in the neighborhood of ~$700 so we're looking at a ~40% premium for the Viberg Service Boot.

I know what you mean about that being hard to swallow. If I had the opportunity to try both on and the Svc Boot fit better, it would be an easy justification. However since that's not the case, I'd be paying that premium based on aesthetics alone...that's a tough one.

However...that Mocha Service Boot looks so damn nice and once I got it, I wouldn't have to buy another pair of work boots again...ever... :) ...it would be the last pair I'd ever need. :)