mizanation

Shoes that look better with age...

here is some side by side comparisons of my 9014s and 9012s

boot1.jpg

boot2.jpg

boot3.jpg

all of the pictures i have seen on ebay and other retailers make the 9014s look to have a very narrow toe almost like a dress shoe but i was happily surprised they are much more work boot like.

White Tricker's worn:

bhgh1x.jpg

r8zas2.jpg

After a wax while yelling at terrible world cup refs:

29mlszr.jpg

21y51d.jpg

This thread should not be languishing on page three....

Country life has been hard on my Indys over the past few months. They are crying out for some loving.

4721442427_9ffc62f26d_b.jpg

4722094246_2a128610d6_b.jpg

4722094350_78d656457a_b.jpg

It was a modification by the original owner GregNYC, still missed around here by the way. I like eyelets, I find them no less convenient than speed hooks.

Plus speed hooks kill your shoe laces.

Nice White's morse! So you returned your original pair because of the size, right? How did you size these and how's the fit now?

Thanks man. These are a 10E, the 10.5E's were a little big.

Fit is perfect now. My Smoke jumpers fit great at 11E, but I wear thick wool socks with them. I'm a size 10 in Clark's Wallys and a 10D/E in Alden Indy...if that helps anyone.

They look great Morse! Glad you're finally rockin 'em :)

Those indies look great. Do you expect to send them back to Alden for recrafting eventually?

Alden's standard Indy is priced up there with the ultimates and j.crew indy boots now. Is there anywhere left to get it at the old price?

i got a quick question, i know i could be asking in the small questions thread, but i figured that most of the people there are asking about denim. anyway, are any of your boots steel toed and safety rated? i only ask because im looking to pick up a pair and my company will reimburse me 90$ for a pair if they're safety rated AND i can get a new pair every year.

White's and Wesco offer plenty of safety options. In fact, I think Wesco is currently holding a sale.

^$90 won't go too far on a new pair of Whites or Wesco's but it will make a $90 cheaper.... plan on forking over at least $300 of your own money...

Can't rep morse. They look great.

My Indys are due a resole but I'm waiting for my roys to show up first. Supposedly due in June....

I'm about to buy a pair of Alden Indys online and I just have a question about size. If anyone can give me a good answer I would be happy. My foot is 28.2 cm long, 10.0 cm wide. I usually wear EUR44, US M 10½, UK 9½ (DM, Crockett&Jones Coniston). I have a skinny heel and not to high arc. Should I go with 9½D or 10D?

Thanks for any help!

Seriously - email Alden or Tom at leathersoulhawaii...it´s best to make sure , plus it depends on wht model/welt you want to buy..

I have already, and I have received 2 different answers. I guess I just have to order a pair and hope I get the right size. Unfortunately I can't just try on a pair here in Sweden...

I wear a 9uk in Crockett and Jones and a 8.5EE or 9Eus in indys, but since I have a high instep I may be an 8 1/2uk in terms of length. C&J don't offer a wider fit as standard in the Skye. I have tried on 8 1/2 coniston and from memory they fitted except the width.

So all in all, I'd say get a 10 if your 9 1/2 is a tight fit and a 9.5 if they are loose.

You are just going to have to take a bit of a risk I guess....

Just the answer I needed. Coniston 9½ fitted me perfect in length and width. So according to your answer I should size up ½ a size from C&J, and that means a #10 in Alden. Thanks a lot for your help!

alden #8 Tanker's, accidentally overdyed with woad... I actually really like how the stitching's gone blue;)

4724999412_c787ba5e1c.jpg

4724347307_753d4ac557.jpg

4724347801_3a6bc50c3f.jpg

I've polished them since, and the leather seems fine.

while I'm at it... my favourite Ducker & Son chukkas

4724434155_fa172faeec.jpg

They originally had leather soles, but when those wore through I had them changed for plantation crepe. Now these have worn through too, and need a bit of a refurb. I'm going to go for crepe again- really comfy, and less slippy. Pics here when I get them back

4725085742_55db94d14a.jpg

I'd like to see polished pictures of the aldens bill.....

Rodeo Bill..those tankers are #8 shell right? Those might be some of the most scuffed up shells I've seen . Please polish em' up and show us how on shell cordovan the scuffs and scratches magically disappear...

I do seem to wear my shoes pretty hard... but in my experience as long as you buy good quality to start with they'll only improve with a bit of rough treatment. I've polished them up with #8 polish (first time in quite a while), and they're looking pretty nice I think.

here we go:

4726504123_3734787249.jpg

4726504225_87fdb0e3ca.jpg

4727150040_ba4a415e26.jpg

4727150116_1a128dd667.jpg

4727149908_2bbf2b42c7.jpg

4727149974_476f0358c5.jpg

Wassup, just wanted to share

RW2907 about 7 mos

DSC_0716.jpg

First pair of Aldens (won't be the last either)

DSC_0713.jpg

PEACE!!!