Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

i love these bad boys

butterohz2.jpg

Can anyone recommend something similar? - Clarks Desert Boot type shape

Haz,

Take a look at J. Crew- I'm not sure of the quality, but they had some similar looking chukkas and a sweet Red Wing they claim is exclusive to them.

first post, after lurking for a looonng time...

I got an old pair of army boots today (no clue how old they are though, anyone?), they're pretty well worn in, in fact they're extremely creased on the front and sides, is there anything i can do about this? And what kind of oil could i use to make em shine a bit more?

rkoep

i dont think oil will shine the shoe, instead shoe cream will do the job

use shoe cream (applied it and dry for 15 mins) and buff it with unused cotton clothes is the way to get it shine...otherwise if you want

super shine, use shoe wax...it will give you the army shine

if you really want to rescue the boot...take it to a shoe repairer and they can fix it for you but i dont see any reason why you need to do so:)

I'd probably apply some leather conditioner to the boot though. Regardless of whether or not you want to really rescue the boot, adding some moisture back to the leather can't be bad. It will prevent the boot from deteriorating any more than it already has.

heh bill i noticed you were sporting the white's in your waywt recently.....so how much did you get for selling your soul?;)

so i was wondering about the quality of white's vs. alden. i have the white's semi dress in brown also and i looooove them. i'm thinking about getting a black pair next. my contenders are the AF60 or AF72, vs. just getting another pair of white's semi, in black. i can't really imagine how any boots could be higher quality than the white's, but that could just be my limited experience.

I wrote that first review when I tried on the White's after my first interview with the guys at Stronghold. I had hopes that I'd landed the gig, but nothing offered to me at that point. Being that I now have access to a White's wholesale account, I got my boots alittle faster than most...don't be jealous. And they are great boots, thats for sure. I think the af60's would offer you some good variation from day to day; lower profile, more brougue-ish silouette...

Quick question; can someone recommend an online store that ships Tricker's to Australia ? I've been fiending for a pair of Stowe's for ages and pay-day is only a couple of weeks away.

i bought mine from them....http://www.shoesinternational.co.uk/ranges.cfm?manid=18&gender=1

they shipped extremely fast and once you paid

i paid...$370??? shipped to u.s.

but i will wait for this seller ..... retricker1829 ...on ebay...he is the tricker's factory dealer which the price is usually 30 to 45 percents cheaper

^^if you don't have the patience to wait for retricker1829 (and it sounds like you don't), there's http://www.pediwear.co.uk also. their prices are basically the same as the site fattybfat gave. the only difference as far as i can tell is that pediwear has the color 1001 instead of acorn. i just got the stow in 1001 and pediwear service is tops.

just to whet your trickers appetite a little more, here are some pics of the stows i just got. they are the 1001 burnished calf with dainite sole.

compared to the white's, they are much lighter and less heavy duty feeling, and lower profile. the quality seems good but the leather starts out a little stiffer, and the boot has a more traditional feel....the white's are way more orthopedic. i think i prefer the white's by just a hair but the trickers are a great pair to alternate with.

trickersstowI-1.jpg

trickersstowII.jpg

trickersstowIII.jpg

That's the colour that I'm after.

Is there a reason why you chose the Stow over the Malton and the Danite sole over the Double Leather, or in the case of the Malton, the Cammando sole ?

just to whet your trickers appetite a little more, here are some pics of the stows i just got. they are the 1001 burnished calf with dainite sole.

compared to the white's, they are much lighter and less heavy duty feeling, and lower profile. the quality seems good but the leather starts out a little stiffer, and the boot has a more traditional feel....the white's are way more orthopedic. i think i prefer the white's by just a hair but the trickers are a great pair to alternate with.

trickersstowI-1.jpg

trickersstowII.jpg

trickersstowIII.jpg

datasupa:

nice, this is my first time see the stow in 1001, it is much lighter than the acorn...the sole has much darker color than the leather...which is very different than the acorn antique

indifferent:

i have the leather sole and i can tell you now that it wear out very fast. I have 2 heel plates put on the toe yesterday. The danite sole should give you much longer wear. I choose the leather sole because they are availabe in fitting 5, the commando/dainite sole are fitting 6...i believe...anyway...do you know the difference between the malton and stow??

BTW, retricker1829 has just listed some stow and other on ebay..

trickersstowI-1.jpg

trickersstowII.jpg

trickersstowIII.jpg

brilliant, datasupa. you did good, mutherfucker!

Anyone in the Menlo Park area in California? I'll be there over the next 10 days.

I guess I'll see some of the NYC area folks tonight at BiG!

That's funny, I work in menlo, I'll probably be busy this week as my gf is coming into town (from nyc coincidentally) but lemme know if there's anything you were looking for in the area. killer mexican food around here. San Francisco is where you wanna head after work though.

new old shoes. Johnston & Murphy Aristocraft in shell cordovan.

aristocraft.jpg

From what I've been able to discern from product pictures and their blurbs, the Malton uses heavier leather and comes in a commando sole.

Malton uses a coarse calf leather where Stow is more like "dress shoe" leather. If you want you can have any sole on either shoe but you have to order from Trickers factory. Off the shelf Stow has leather and dainite sole, Malton has leather and "commando sole".

This is right I believe. The names are only there for the off the shelf boots, if you go to the factory you can have a stow/malton in any combination and the names are interchangable.

Also the factory shop boots are often samples or non-standard models so if you are after an off the shelf model you may get something slightly different.

Greg , I'll follow your advize and polish them with light brown...

How is the quality from the 1911 compared to the alden indy's?

Sorry for the bad pics from the bad photographer...:o

s7000116pj0.jpg s7000117wi6.jpg

s7000118ny4.jpg

hey there,

i love youre shoes, i got them in black and wear them for about a year now. it took quite some time to break them in (almost painful), but now they are just great. unfortunately i screwed up the sole while using them as a break for my broken mopped. it's still ok, though. might send some pics later.