Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hey amlai - St. James's

You have a pair of bespoke from Lobb St. James's and you haven't worn them yet?!?!

How in the heck have you managed that? When I got my only bespoke pair of shoes, I took a few quick shots of them and then immediately put them on because I was curious as to how they'd fit.

I've always wondered if Lobb St. James's was really worth it. Even in the spectrum of bespoke, I think they're towards the upper end of the price range, right?

^ Yes, they're nuts, but you only go around once. :) Who made yours?

JP Myhre, a Norwegian shoemaker. http://www.bespoke-shoes.com/

If you look at his "Collection" I have a pair of his CC108 Closed Patched Derby. As my first bespoke, I decided to get one just like one he had already made before. Getting close to ordering another pair. I can't decide what I want most though. (Possibles are wingtip blucher, a boot, or maybe just a plain oxford.) Just too many choices with bespoke.

JP Myhre, a Norwegian shoemaker. http://www.bespoke-shoes.com/

If you look at his "Collection" I have a pair of his CC108 Closed Patched Derby. As my first bespoke, I decided to get one just like one he had already made before. Getting close to ordering another pair. I can't decide what I want most though. (Possibles are wingtip blucher, a boot, or maybe just a plain oxford.) Just too many choices with bespoke.

Very nice, I've seen his website before but was unable to find your derbys. I guess choice depends on your lifestyle. I wear jeans pretty much every day and live in sunny FL so boots, sandals and bare feet are my norm. But push comes to shove, I like boots!

edit - look at the Adelaide style oxford if you're interested in a dress shoe. I don't think there's a better looking shoe.

Here's a picture from a while ago:

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9251/img1088sizedmr2.jpg

I try to wear boots whenever I can and can get away with wearing denim to the office most days, but there are enough times I need to look professional and wear a real pair of trousers or a suit, etc. that I'm thinking I should keep my bespoke shoes to dress shoes.

I like your shoes, especially the toe. Have a look at the Cleverley site, new styles first pair of shoes.

Glad you like those Riff, I've been brewing on them for a while.

The lower portion is a smooth leather and the upper is a roughout/suede. Very close in color, but different leathers. Figure the difference will grow more noticeable as they age.

Here's a pair that shows the two tones more

121wdg0.jpg

Morse those all suede Russells are perfect, that is exactly what I would get and I do hope to get some one day.

Those Roys are looking great, mine have had some good wear and are actually letting water in! I think it is soaking through the leather which has never happened on any of my other boots. I guess it is time for a greasing.