Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Big fall purchase is going to be a pair of White's Bounty Hunters or Semi-Dress - curious if anyone has opted for their measuring service.

By the Red Wing measuring device I'm a 13E, but my left foot is narrower than my right (13C left, 13E right - almost a D on the left). In Alden Indys they measured and gave me a 12.5EE.

So I could either get a 13E in the White's - a very comfortable size in my Red Wing workboots (regular line, not heritage). Or I could go MTM for an extra hundred plus however long it takes to make them. Hmm...

i traced my feet on their supplied paper, and sent them the tracings, along with the requested measurements.

my boots are great.

Big fall purchase is going to be a pair of White's Bounty Hunters or Semi-Dress - curious if anyone has opted for their measuring service.

By the Red Wing measuring device I'm a 13E, but my left foot is narrower than my right (13C left, 13E right - almost a D on the left). In Alden Indys they measured and gave me a 12.5EE.

So I could either get a 13E in the White's - a very comfortable size in my Red Wing workboots (regular line, not heritage). Or I could go MTM for an extra hundred plus however long it takes to make them. Hmm...

custom size them. that is why you buy whites to get those options. it is worth the time and money.

I have handled the leather swatch for the Cigar colored featherstone. Make no mistake, it IS the best color they've offered so far. Lots more depth than the chestnut. I was pissed when I saw the swatch and was told it wouldnt be avail. for another 9 months. If you like the GT boot, this is a real tough one to pass up.

Fuck..... Red Wing should pay me for that review.......Anybody up in Minnesota reading this?

This boot looks great, and I'm not even much of a boot fan. Or at least I'm just really picky.

--Markmont.

For those of you that ordered the 1000 mile boot from papashoe.com before the price change, it does not look like they will be shipping out the boots. I talked to them today and they said they had tried getting the boots in from wolverine, but it doesn't look like it was going to happen. i just took a refund, but shit is lame.

For those of you that ordered the 1000 mile boot from papashoe.com before the price change, it does not look like they will be shipping out the boots. I talked to them today and they said they had tried getting the boots in from wolverine, but it doesn't look like it was going to happen. i just took a refund, but shit is lame.

Shall we start a class action? LOL!! No word from them on my end about it.

Shall we start a class action? LOL!! No word from them on my end about it.

Yeah, I don't think they intend to send out emails. It sounded to me that because I called they told me the situation.

Got the same basic thing from Papa Sh**...they probably wouldn't have refunded my $ until I called later to complain. I also noticed they charged my card on 9/3 for the boots. Most reputable retailers don't charge until they actually ship (or have the product for that matter). Guess I'll have to keep an eye on my card for the refund.

I think that was their, or Wolverine's, intention from the very beginning when the spot was blown. I doubt that they even sold out of them since no one has reported receiving a pair since it went public. Wolverine probably took the stock back and banned Papashoe from selling them.

Yeah, I think they had the shoes, then their cover was blown, then wolverine took back the shoes.

Ohhh well. I will not pay the $325 for those boots though.

Yeah, I don't think they intend to send out emails. It sounded to me that because I called they told me the situation.
sorry to try this again, but anyone else got advice on sizing chippewa engineers? especially compared to sperry's or allen edmonds?

Yup, same here for red wings and Chippewa engineers. Mine are roomy to say the least and I went true to size ( whatever that really means). As for how to wear engineers, big cuffs, regular straight denim and a quiff usually kills it

I don't think they are allowed to sell the 1000 mile boots right now, because they are no longer listed on their website.

Who's responsible for re-soling these? Hukurokuju?? Anyone know if Eddies (Sherman Oaks) is capable of this styel of work. I want to bring in my Chippewas to them, but am looking for this type of sole/work.

eddie's are ok but they dont have the rapid- E machines like okuyama san has.,. which does the " 8" stitch on th center of the half soles that helps it hold on to the midsole.. my experience with eddie's is that after a couple of months of wear they tend to peel off from the midsole ( vibram 705 half soles) im sending them off to okuyama san for repair..

check the pics only brass nails and glue

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

what we want is this

IMG_0380-1.jpg

sorry to try this again, but anyone else got advice on sizing chippewa engineers? especially compared to sperry's or allen edmonds?

I ordered true to size on my Chippewa's and they were too big. I ended up exchanging them for 1/2 size smaller. They also seem to run a little wide, but a pair of insoles took care of that. Hope this will help.

I have the Chippewa 27899, purchased on www.bootbay.com . They had a great price and good service.

Not 100% sure if this is the right place to post, but can anyone recommend a pecos boot in tan suede? Probably around the 300 usd mark. Saw one from red wing but wondering if there are any other options. Hoping for something like these from buttero http://www.arknets.co.jp/modules/arknets_shop/kaimono.php?id=20507&cid=499&sid=9&bid=128&id=20505&cid=598&PHPSESSID=2o1drqr5171ag59bgfnjf388m0 with a narrow shaft as I don't think i wanna wear these with pants/jeans tucked in.