Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

yes those are the ultimate indys...

I freaked out when I got mine scratched...

One thing I discovered between the Ultimate and regular 405's is the leather lining in the Ultimate's really make my feet hot. I'm not sure I can wear them if it's hot out, I'll go with my regular 405's...

but both boots are great!

Yeahhh they are the leathersoul one and its has no treatment. No clean up yet and ive only had them for about two months. Dont be afraid of the scratches happy hooligan... It will just a personal uniqunes to it. Thanks for repps guys.

has anyone heard of viberg boots or dayton? are they any good?

I've heard of Dayton. Made in Canada if I remember. Their "thing" is biker boots for "rock stars" the last time I looked at their site. Seem like decent boots.

more more more 405s

just keep beating them to the pulp

3311018134_078bd2b6b5.jpg3310187527_a371ce0beb.jpg3311017750_36f1903a73.jpg

Very nice Sir! That's the way Indy's should be worn and look...Keep it up because in a couple more years those are going to be just about perfect...

of course they had to go ahead and dumbup the US version with lousy branded hardware and the IMO nasty lower heel. give us the classic engineer with the scalloped heel and simple hardware (2268) they have been making for the past 70 years but now for the past decade only for Japan.

To a large degree, I agree with you completely: I hate the branded buckles. I am considering having the cobbler switch them out for regular rollers. The heel, I kinda like though, because it offers the option of a lower profile almost 1940's silouette to the boot... almost like the MP heel and toe avail in the wesco boss. Also, the scalloped heel avail. on the classic engineer is done in a poorly finished plastic, not stacked leather like it should be...

Having now worn these the last few days I can say they are nice to wear. A much lighter duty, softer feel than your classic engineer. Looking forward to the burnt orange to dirty up and darken down.....

Some new Red Wings for you guys to oogle over! This is a new engineer model for 2009. Avail. in black, brown, and shown here in the burnt orange roughout.

photo-153.jpg

I'm kinda liking the low profile sole, makes them very versatile and easy to wear i bet.

Do these also come in the oro-iginal leather Bill?

I agree on the branded buckle though, that has to go.

I really wish Alden Indy's or boots that style came in 14 :(

they sell size 14D at shoe mart and on the alden website width C goes all the way to 15.

if shoemart is lying and they dont have one in 14D i bet you could call alden and order a 14D.

Some new Red Wings for you guys to oogle over! This is a new engineer model for 2009. Avail. in black, brown, and shown here in the burnt orange roughout. My favorite thing about them is that they are on a new, low profile sole. It is actually the same nitrite cork sole and heel that are used on the Iron Ranger....

If anyone is interested in a pair.... PM me!

I wonder how the rough-outs would look if you dubbed them with beeswax.

anyone got tips on what to do with/ how to treat salt damage (from winter) on leather?

its a patch, around the size of a quarter on my right heel which i assume is from driving.

i would take them to a cobbler and see what he/she can do about it. I don't know what home remedy would do anything for salt

hey wait ive got 2 boots in roughout suede coming in from wesco and viberg.. need help how to protect them ? and hopefully wont ruin the color and such... thanks!

a dust cover?? oooooooohhhhh.

but seriously, you could use dubbing like in world war 1.