Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I like everything about those gunfighters but the cap toe. I like the cap toe, but it looks too big for the boots. Seems like it should be slightly smaller and in the matching leather...

I didn't even know they made that style...

Nothing about those White's boots say Gunfighter. Is this a military gunfighter or a real western type gunfighter. I like the western type better.

Here's my meager contribution to the thread. Here's my pair of Gladiator brand steel-toed "Commando" boots. I've had these for a little over 15 years, they've been through winters in Ohio & Virginia, and a very hot summer in the mountains of northern California. Bought them as a replacement to Doc Martin's, they woman who owned the shop i bought them from stopped dealing w/ DM when they became too big & "corporate" and swore by this brand.

They've been lightly nibbled by one of my dogs when he was a pup, and i need to get the back of one of them sewn up, and probably a resoling, but besides that they are rock solid!

49e75d06.jpg

936df7db.jpg

2ae0d78b.jpg

8d19fe2d.jpg

3ffed7a9.jpg

HA!

I can say that no one's been on the receiving end of a nut kicking from those....yet.

I've considered getting the steel toes removed, but is that even possible? I'm almost more afraid that the toe would collapse like a failed cake.

Couldn't get a decent picture of the soles, but they're actually affixed with screws.

http://www.britboot.co.uk/GladiatorsUK.html

^Only link i've been able to find for the company, definitely some old school skinhead looking stuff.

are redwing iron rangers steel toe? i need to upgrade my boots while still staying in my price range (so no aldens, dammit) and i was looking between

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p274_RED-WING-BOOTS---8112-IRON-RANGER-ORO-IGINAL---NEW-.html

and

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p316_RED-WING-BOOTS---1913-9013-CHESTNUT-FEATHERSTONE.html

or

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p153_RED-WING-BOOTS---9014-D-BLACK-CHROMEXCEL.html

will the black gentlemens travelers age as beautifully? and the middle pair seems like it would turn beautiful, but they are "abrasion resistant" or some shit? yeah this probably should have gone in this or that thread, but that's trolled by retards.

i don't think iron rangers come with a steel toe, i tried a pair on a while ago.

here's one for the dutchies; i found a site where they sell some RW chukka's and iron rangers for 99 euro (including shipping and all :eek:). they also ship to belgium and germany

http://www.omoda.nl/shop/productoverzicht/schoenen/herenschoenen/alle-soorten/red-wing-shoes/alle-kleuren/alle-maten/

Apologies if this has already been posted...

Heads up NYC folks - bloomingdales (the main one on 59th) had like 4-5 models of the red wing heritage lifestyle boots at 50% off. I saw:

- Gentleman traveler, cherry and black

- classic lifestyle in brown

- iron ranger 8111

I got a pair of the 8111 and with tax the total was just over $140... :)

Heads up NYC folks - bloomingdales (the main one on 59th) had like 4-5 models of the red wing heritage lifestyle boots at 50% off. I saw:

- iron ranger 8111

any idea how long the sale is going on? I'd like to go this week but not if I missed it

X-posted from the Clothing from the Great Outdoors thread:

Here are a few photos of my year old Red Wind Gentleman Travelers, purchased from Cultizm. I posted a quick review on my blog for more information.

DSCN1484.jpg?t=1232922925

DSCN1487.jpg?t=1232922951

DSCN1485.jpg?t=1232922974

DSCN1486.jpg?t=1232923000

I'm quite pleased with them, and would have no trouble recommending them to anyone looking for quality boots. Planning on picking up a pair of their Iron Ranger boots sooner rather than later.

-Jake

- iron ranger 8111

times like this i wish i was back in new york. :o

Chicken - now is the time to visit. Because of the economy, EVERYONE has sales on. I've gotten so much discounted clothing lately it should be criminal. I went into three separate shoe stores on 8th street last weekend and was told by SAs in all three "whole store minimum 30% off." I managed to convince an SA in bloomingdales to give me an additional 20% off on a shirt, and stores are even breaking previously-hardline rules about discounts. For instance diesel is marking down things by 70% in their store, which they NEVER do...

Also circuit city is going out of business, but that's worldwide. Geek liquidation! heh

Sometimes you can order over the phone with bloomingdales, i know they do item locate if you have the sku and all.

- GT the biggest is a size 12

Also spring red wing is on point, i just met with them last week heres whats new(to the USA) sorry for all the pics but figured show you guys what will be new from them.

I should be receiving these in a few weeks but will do pre-orders if anyone is interested all superfuture members will receive 15% off and free shipping within the USA.

Photo6.jpg

Photo7.jpg

Photo8.jpg

b8166.jpg

b8165.jpg

9111_01.jpg

8181-1.jpg

b8131.jpg

b8130.jpg

I'm just happy to see those boots making their way to the US this year.

Very sexy.