Levi's Vintage Clothing

holy s***!!! that auction is up to $1,792.61 and there's still 11 hours to go. christ, for a repro?!?!? that's insane. speaking of repros, I wish someone would repro the levi's 1906 "spring bottom pant" jean. evis did a jean with a similar silhouette, but they didn't really get the details and, most importantly, they didn't use the light veggie indigo dye.

size down one on those and i bet they would fade amazingly. the thing im curious about tho is if they are natural indigo. i thought that levis used N I until they made the change to cone denim in the early 1900s. those are so dark they seem like they would be synthetic.

is there anywhere in NYC i can find a pair of raw 47's cause before i buy a pair of them online i'd really like to try them on and see how they fit.

There were a few pairs in the Levis store on Broadway yesterday, and the Levis store uptown on Lexington? has them too.

what size are you? I've got a couple pair that I may be willing to part with - size 34, but I'll have to confirm when I get home. otherwise, since selvedge closed I've been the levi's store uptown on lex. it's hit or miss there, and common sizes don't stay for very long. atrium always carries lvc.

i wear a 31-32 so the 34's would be a bit big probably. i'll try to hit that store when i'm up there but thats probably my only bet huh? i've been to the one in soho and they only seemed to stock the premium, i dont remember seeing much for selvedge around.

A couple of questions, Anyone seen any selvage denim by lucky brand, Adrianno goldschmied and ddc lab. What are the qualities like?

I don't check lucky's product that often, but I do remember seeing a batch of selvage jeans at their soho store a couple years ago. My big problem with them, among other things, is that their spec totally sucks - I've never tried on a pair that came even close to fitting correctly.

Will, the color on those 1800s LVCs are amazing. How much did you get those for?

I can't remember. I think they were from the first ever season that LVC did.

so you have a pair of these, and you also own 213 and 506 jackets. what else are you hiding? ;)

A couple of type 2 jackets that I stupidly bought too big, a few pairs of 47's and 55's some of the old 201's with the leather patch and a pair of 33's. I used to panic buy LVCs having lived through the 80's selvedge drought. I still remember trying to buy a new pair of 501's and finding the selvedge and black bar tacks gone. Dark days...

In other LVC news, my parents moved house back in the UK last week, and they found my 1930s LVC 201s - the ones with the leather patch and the red tab. I'm getting them posted out here, although I'm thinking they won't fit me anymore as I've become a fat fuck since moving to KY. Still, if they do, they've still got a lot of life left in them, as they'd barely faded last I saw.

Will's jeans came out around the time of the Nevada Mine jeans, from memory in 2001. Natural indigo denim from Kurabo. They are supposed to be a bit later than the Nevada Mine jeans, so circa 1880 or 1885; they differ in a few details, different back pocket, shallower arcuate, no pliers pocket, and the label is on the right. The only problem I found is that the (lovely) denim, which has an excellent texture, and is made with unbleached cotton, doesn't shrink much (and of course, lilke much natural indigo, seems to fade slowly). I sold mine cause they made me look like Coco the Clown. At one point the Levi's store on Regent street was selling off all the odd sizes for £40 a pop!