minya

small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

Hi,

Can anyone give me a bit of information on these Yves Saint Laurent boots, like price? when they were made and stuff like that.

thanks. x

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

What makes pieces by Rick Owens and Visvim so expensive? And what makes it so special that a lot of people actually buy it? I've been wondering for a while now. I mean, their stuff is nice but what justifies the price tag? Quality goes up when changing from cheap brands to expensive brands, but I can't imagine quality going up that much more when changing from expensive brands (Acne, Our Legacy, Engineered Garments) to super expensive brands like RO, Visvim, Saint Laurent.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, just asking because I'm genuinely curious.

Could someone suggest some good books for learning the basics of clothing design and construction?

Just looking for something to get started, thanks!

kinda want a wide brim hat / cowboyish , not too big, anyone have any idea ? 50-100 $ range, idc of the brand, im just really sensitive to the sun and would love one for when i got outside a lot and all in the summer

Edited by aymerikmd

Hi, 

I'm searching for that derby shoe the guys on the attached pictures are wearing.

Does anybody have an idea what label / model it could be? They are looking really nice and I would like to have it …

Thank you!!!

Sincerely!

whzdWhf.png

eaRWmbF.jpg

3qF6GM4.jpg

Looking for some cotton/twill shorts w/ drawstrings that I can lounge in. preferably under 100$. Solid colors and muted patterns

Can anyone suggest very slim chinos without a crazy long inseam? Some of the best slim fitting ones I've ever found were the Norse Project Arknell chinos and I haven't really found anything equivalent since.

looking for a new dopp kit- worth getting the want les essentials kenyatta or should i do something like filson/tanner?

What do you guys do when the suede gets all rugged.

How do you make it smooth again?

Most of my suede shoes are getting long "hairs" or just getting rough.

What to do?

thanks in advance.

i think kindofyoung is suedish from sueden so pm him maybe?

^ i think he knows a lot about smooth shaven suedes... from first hand experience ;-)

Does anyone have any experience with lad musician blazers? I've been eyeing some of the single button ones and I was wondering how the sizing works. I usually take a 34/44 in blazers but I know lad's sizing can be kinda weird.

^ i think he knows a lot about smooth shaven suedes... from first hand experience ;-)

Haha cool, but seriously any help from anyone? not many good answers on google for me.

Does anyone have any experience with lad musician blazers? I've been eyeing some of the single button ones and I was wondering how the sizing works. I usually take a 34/44 in blazers but I know lad's sizing can be kinda weird.

I'm a pretty true 36 and I fit well in the 44, but I've seen some 44s on the second-hand market that would be too tiny.  I could probably have gotten in a 46 without it looking odd too (besides the long sleeves).

Does Pool Aoyama do overseas shipping or should I just proxy? 

I've tried on Lad Musician blazers from pretty much every single season since fall '09 and can say the sizing is incredibly consistent across many variations in shape and style. Some outliers do exist (think the drop shoulder ones from a season or two ago) but those are deliberate in design and easy to spot.

Lad 42 = small, boxy 44

The shoulders are somewhat wide with respect to size. I would not compare with the narrow shouldered, glove-like tailoring typical of Dior Homme and Saint Laurent. 

The combination of high armholes and Lad Musician's choice of thin, soft suiting fabrics make for something that is meant to drape (read: looks bad if filled out like a Band of Outsiders or Thom Browne jacket). If you are not particularly flat chested or trim in the body, you may want to size up. I am a slim 44. Lad 42's fit well and feel slightly more forgiving (roomier) than the Juun.J 44's I wear, to give you a better idea of the fit. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by pita bread

Looking information of the pants pictured below. What are they? All I know this far is that they might be DRKSHDW, but that's about all I know of them despite the frantic web search.

streetsnaps-paris-fashion-week-september

anyone tell me about undercover shoe sizing?

i'm a size 9/42, would i need a M or L?

Edited by jok52

need a black dress belt. padded, silver polished rounded buckle, preferably less than 100 bucks. any recommendations?

Looking to proxy a pair of shoes from eBay from the US to Canada. Can anyone provide any leads? I know of one (randomkoreandude) from StyleForum, but he's not answering my messages. 

Thanks in advance! 

Looking to proxy a pair of shoes from eBay from the US to Canada. Can anyone provide any leads? I know of one (randomkoreandude) from StyleForum, but he's not answering my messages. 

Thanks in advance! 

I think sutocorp can

is 20 cm hem really baggy ? ive always wore slim pants in general but not over tight skinny, and i kinda wanna try more loose pants but not super intense, kinda cdg shape vibe,